Home

Could Lightsabers ever become reality?

Nedak

Could Lightsabers become a reality?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Could Lightsabers become a reality?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you mean plausible.

No, I accidently hit the "l" key.

Anyway, chances are if a "lightsaber" is made it won't be a laser, per se, but rather something like a plasma torch.

There's also the factor of if we find a way to be able to contain the matter that is light. Then who knows what limitations we'll break down.

Sence SW is Si-FI maybe in a few 100 (or less) years technology could become so advanced that we could make something like or similar to a lightsaber. Please tell me what you think.:lsduel:

You're forgetting that in the Star Wars galaxy, they could travel to the other side of the galaxy and back in mere moments for twenty-five thousand years. Keep that in mind.

Doctor i applaud you!

Thank you. And you spelt my name right! As far as I can remember, everybody either spells it Docter or calls me Doc.

To add to my earlier post:

Since the wuestion was whether they could exist in 100 years, then the answer is yes, maybe they could use something similar to what I described above in 100 years.

umm yes light sabers could be real just not now . and hey it could of been a plasma torch instead of a laser. it was a seber which produced light and could cut though matter. also if you look closely they have a shadow in the original movies. which means science is advancing in just 30 years beyond imagination.

you cant say, "no" definitivly. in a few centuries who knows what we will be creating as im sure, our forefathers would have chucked at the thought of some of the things we have know and wrote them off (and burned you at the stake for it, no doubt) even mentioning the ability to fly, travel great distances in mear hours or minutes, adn even "electronics."

lets try not to dismiss advancements in thought as they only bring us backwards.

Well, I don't see how the deflection part would work though.

Maybe a Laser Blade can be done in the future, but it is not going to be really practical.

Its like how the Japanese try to build real giant robots... as cool as they are most are not practical. So yes in the future we may be able to build a gundam/vultron... but it is kinda useless other than the cool factor.

That having said, I would still want them :3 Cause, carrying a red saber is just cool.

Unless you also possess the force powers of a Jedi, (even if they did ever manage to create one,) it will be useless as a combat weapon in any future human conflict you can imagine.

Most reputable scientists and physicists say that building such a thing (a real Star Wars-type lightsaber, that is...) is utterly impossible however, in the universe we currently inhabit. The physics just simply don't allow it.

Fair enough.

But I can't imagine a whole lot of dedicated research and development on the lightsaber front in the near, or even distant future. So even if they turn out to be allowed theoretically, I still have serious doubts that we will ever see one.

Not a highly practical weapon technology,.. unless, like I said, you DO just happen to have Jedi reflexes.

as edlib said, unless you have the reflexes of a jedi, then youd do more damage to the yourself than to the enemy... IF they were made of course. The jedi always know where the blade of their sabre is, but theonly time youd know where it is is when you feel it slice your abdomen in half when you try to do some sort of stylish spin or something

Archived