Home

Could Lightsabers ever become reality?

Nedak

Could Lightsabers become a reality?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Could Lightsabers become a reality?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had an idea;

maybe a solid "sword" could eject from the hilt with a little deflecting plate thing at the topand bottom.. A powerful laser would then go strait along the metal sword thing bouncing off the top and bottom so that the blade length never changes! :D:D

all ideas and stupidity ©2006 Fealiks™ all rights reserved for my arse

Well looks like you got your wish!

If Star Wars lightsabers are dependant on the other fantasy technology in SW then it should be obvious why we won't see them as depicted in the movies. Maybe something sort of similar to it, but the main problem is getting a blade so powerful from such a minaturized power source. It could never function as described in the EU since these magic crystals don't exist. Likewise we have no Jedi to wield them, but anyway. I imagine some giant beam with a handle at both ends that is as big as a building with all the energy of a continent powering it or something, but I'm no scientist... What would be the point? No Geek (though maybe Bill Gates) has enough money to waste on such a thing...

Nice to see all you kind SWG peeps in here :)

Seriously, creating a lightsaber. What good would it make? Imagine if I stood with an AK47 and you had a lightsaber, who would win ? ^_^ And how would you brake a laser like that in the middle of the air. Impossible I say.

lol. i said it once. lots of practice. it could be used as a tool or quik and easy weapon. how many people carry knives? and the big robots. lol well if you can get them into space they would be a valuable tool. well the lightsaber doesnt need a reflect if its a plasma sword. laser does not cast showdows and the origanls do. they where sticks with digi while the new ones where all digi.

• 1 month later...

actually one way of creating a sort of lightsaber would be to wrap a wire (very good conducter of a wire) round a non-iron core (if its iron u make an electromagnet) then pump alot of electricity through it while it doesn't make it slice easily through blast doors or deflect laser bolts it does get extremely hot and burns most things it touches quite severly the only problem with this is portability you could use an inverter and alot of 9 volt batteries in a pack strapped to you somehow although it would make for a good weapon :D

Archived