Home

Atris is Hawt!

spasewers

Not so much.

The concept art was good, but she didn't turn out so well in the game. She was one of the TSL characters that appears to have been modeled by someone that didn't understand proportion/facial symmetry (Kavar was probably the worst example of this).

The concept of Atris is so light, so glittering; it's somewhat amusing that she's pretty much a dark Jedi all along. Anyway, the concept art was much better than what we got. The voice was also a step in the wrong direction. We ultimately got something totally different and somewhat less desirable.

She is ok, I thought that the concept art of her was better than the in-game model too, after I saw her.

I just saw the concept art. I agree, it looks better. Painting was always better since modelling is science rather than art.

They say admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.

That is, unless you're DS and decide to kill Atris. So I guess it works both ways.

If you are meaning what I think that you are meaning; then yes I have a problem with her. But I didn't kill her, because I always went Light Side and never did an evil act.

That said not even Bastila is as hot as the art on the box or the CDs and thats saying something.

If Bastila looked in-game like she did on the box, she would be very, er, good-looking :). Even if it was just to the extent that computer graphics could do it. Frankly, I was dissapointed when I first saw the in-game Bastila. She just has a bit too whitish of skin, and her hair and mouth kind of looks wierd.

Frankly, I was dissapointed when I first saw the in-game Bastila. She just has a bit too whitish of skin, and her hair and mouth kind of looks wierd.

Like I said at on a few occasions before: Modelling is like science: You can get prcise results, but don't expect something pretty. Also in Modelling everyone makes a mistake, at least in 20 polygons on the entire model. Like with Lucas Kane who was an American and was intended to look like one, but he ended up looking like he is Chinese or Japanese.

But still that doesn't mean that good looking models can't be made (Example: Carla Valenti)

That said not even Bastila is as hot as the art on the box or the CDs and thats saying something.

Very true. I wasn't displeased with Bastila's voice or face, but they did not match the concept art. She looked almost Asian, but in game she looks and sounds more European. Not bad, just different.

Archived