Home

Why can't Kreia read Bao-Dur's thoughts?

Char Ell

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you play DS male and gain more than 80% influence with Mandalore, there will be a cutscene where Mandalore and B-D get into it about the Mandalorian Wars. During that conversation, it is revealed that Bao-Dur is actually an android. If you remember, Kreia states that she can't read the droids. Clever bit of foreshadowing on the devs part if you ask me.

Thanks Achilles. You da man!!! :thumbsup:

Very interesting. I haven't played DS yet so this is something only revealed if you play DS male then? And how strange that Bao-Dur is an android and yet is a Force-sensitive. That opens up a whole new can of worms in the SW universe, no?

But still, why can the Exile read Bao-Dur's thoughts and Kreia can't? I realize this may not be revealed in the game since I haven't found it but then again I didn't know Bao-Dur was an android before now so maybe there is something more evidentiary than speculative about this. In either case, I don't know so that's why I posed the question. :D

Strange. I never came across that and I did have both those conditions.

About the android part:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=android

By definition, he is still made from biological material, which would explain why he would need to replace his arm by a mechanical one.

It would also explain why he was force sensitive. He was not totally machine.

As for the link with the Exile, I have no idea. Perhaps the Exile had some part in Bao-Dur's creation.

*** checks calendar ***

What? Is it April Fools' again so soon?

How did I fall for that one? Yep, ya got me too...

Alright for you Achilles. I'll never take you at your word again. It's back to checking the dialog files on my own... grumble *$#%... blasted &*#... make me do it on my own then #@$# :xp:

Shhhhhhhhhh! :D

:rofl: Bwahahahahaha!!! :lol:

If you play DS male and gain more than 80% influence with Mandalore, there will be a cutscene where Mandalore and B-D get into it about the Mandalorian Wars. During that conversation, it is revealed that Bao-Dur is actually an android. If you remember, Kreia states that she can't read the droids. Clever bit of foreshadowing on the devs part if you ask me.

That was really well done Achilles! :D

That was really well done Achilles!

I grudgingly agree. There are very few forum members who could have pulled that off. Of course it would have been much funnier if I wasn't the victim but at least I can take some solace that I wasn't the only one he had going... :D

Sure, but I think it's already been answered a couple of times (and not by me).

Kreia: The droid cannot be read in such a way - as for the alien who served with you in the war, its thoughts are more difficult, requiring many translations in meaning. Often it is better to read their impulses and images than their spoken thoughts. That is why he is deaf to you - I have found his impulses are cold, like a dead weight, his thoughts are black.

At long last, back OT. I'm going to go thru the dialog files (learned my lesson the hard way:D) to see if I can find anything but I'm guessing that there won't be much in the way of solid reasons why the Exile can but Kreia can't. It's probably one of those things that the devs just left hanging out there, know what I mean. We only need to know that it is not why it is...

Doesn't mean we can't speculate about it though and make some educated guesses as to the why. Personally I have no idea why but thought maybe somebody else would have an inkling.

But maybe if I play DS male and get Mandalore and Bao-Dur to get in each other's face over the Mandalorian Wars the truth will reveal itself... :smirk2:

EDIT: Actually on second thought I'll throw out a crazy one. It's Bao-Dur's horns. They act as a telepathic shield and Bao-Dur can pick and choose who he will allow into his mind. He gave Kreia the block but let the General in because his horns allow him to sense who is trying to pick his brain. You know it's actually like Bao-Dur is speaking to the Exile when the Exile tunes in to his mind because Bao-Dur says, "Your command echoes still, General. And I obey, as I did at Malachor." Eh? What do y'all think? :cool:

Archived