Home

Basilisk War Droid?

Maphisto86

Yeah Im a newbie... I have KOTOR but not KOTOR II. I used to read the old Tales Of The Jedi comics which showed a Mandalorian Basilisk droid but I heard that in The Sith Lords it's a new variant which resembles a fighter like Prince Xizor's in Shadows Of The Empire. Can anyone get a picture for me? Im am too damn curious to wait! I have KOTOR II on my Xmas list soooo I can't see it anytime soon... :cry8:

:toilet1:

Yeah, it's greatly because of the music. The SF reveal from K1 was awesome for the same reason.

Anyway, if any of you have seen the pictures of Mandalorian crusaders, as opposed to Neo-Crusaders, the difference is vast. Maybe the basilisks are the same way.

From the description Canderous gave in KotOR of riding a Basilisk into battle, I definitely expected something different from what was depicted in TSL. I pictured some sort of droid that was controlled more like a horse than like a car, with the warrior riding astride it, enclosed in an armor suit (like the Mandalorians seem to wear all the time) and the rider having some sort of cybernetic connection between the suit and the droid, thereby allowing the rider to control the droid in battle.

That pic's from the Star Wars guide to weapons and vehicles and the comic series dealing with Exar Kun's story. Mandalorian Basilisk, semisentient droid/attack fighter.

The basilisk in TSL is in fact taken from the concept art for Prince Xisor's StarViper, only with the outstretched wings removed.

That pic's from the Star Wars guide to weapons and vehicles and the comic series dealing with Exar Kun's story. Mandalorian Basilisk, semisentient droid/attack fighter.

The basilisk in TSL is in fact taken from the concept art for Prince Xisor's StarViper, only with the outstretched wings removed.

Actually the wings are just closed, the same as they would be if a Starviper was in an atmosphere. So we have another case of exactly the same design turning up twice 4,000 years apart.

Gentelmen, there is only one way to explain this, one word, and the word is Goof.

Where did you find that picture?

I always think it would look like a Basilisk War Dragon going Cyborg with loads of weapons and armor.

Actually it would be fun to see Basilisks still being around in TSL though.

• 2 weeks later...

I always imagined some insane black sphere of death falling from the sky raining hell all the while, cleansing the area beneath it with devastating fire before smashing down into the surface. After that I pictured it raising itself out of the crater it punched into the ground on four legs that would come out of its body, kind of like a large walking spherical spider, all the while spitting death in every direction in a dark maelstrom of blaster fire.

Imagine looking down upon it, a dark mass roving across the battlescape radiating death in a relentless circle of fire. An instrument of absolute carnage and destruction worthy of what the Mandalorians are built up to be. They would be launched en masse from an orbiting carrier craft or battleship, shot out violently from the belly of the beast ripping through the planet's atmosphere, never letting up on their rain of fire.

Maybe this is quite different to Canderous' description in KOTOR, but it's what I imagined it to be from the power described, that I remember.

The Basilisk in TSL seemed pretty lame to me to be honest, hardly a monster on the battlefield. Seemed pretty lacklustre with it's 2 blasters, and then just landing and doing nothing. I always envisaged a Basilisk as something that would absolutely dominate and rule the battlefield.

• 2 weeks later...
I have noticed in the cinematic it lands quite gently in Iziz but when in game you see a large crater around it

I assume that the crater is more for effect of the force of landing. Like, the speed of decent caused the ground to buckle, or something like that. Or perhaps it was already there, though that seems unlikely.

Archived