Home

The New, Improved One Year Thread: 2006 Edition

edlib

got back from hunting...

wednesday and thursday i didnt sleep much....got off work at 10pm wednesday, got my check, drove to my apt to get my stuff and bring it over to my parents' then got like 30 minutes of sleep cause i dont have direct deposit and needed my check cashed and they wouldn't cash it til after 12am...so i go in, then i have to get some supplies like food and stuff, and then get some gas in the truck, then i head back, and by that time my dad is up and getting stuff ready to go. so i kinda slept in the truck for 3 hours, but it wasn't really sleep so i ended up falling asleep in the woods a few times, didn't see anything thursday, it was probably too warm like 60 degrees...the next day wasnt any better, it rained pretty bad on friday, so we didn't stay too long, didn't see anything either on that day.....then on saturday, the last day we were out there, we saw several deer...i saw 4 but each one i saw was gone the second i took safety off. did a little moving, sitting for about 1-2 hours, then relocating. it was fun anyway though none of us got anything, though my great uncle shot one, hit it and lost its trail.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seriously? I thought you were being pretty easy on us. Heck, I alone pack enough weird, lonely, and nerdly for all of us.

I spent an hour and a half last night looking at lego's in walmart....

and almost bought a pair because they remind me of a battle pod and jet from battletech

I pack plenty o nerd as well

Yeah, for real... I think I got whiplash after reading Cracken's last couple of posts 'cuz my head snapped around so fast!

Sorry to hear that dude.

Hopefully it all works out for the best.

Taking a day off from work, after mixing the college's big showcase concert of the year: 4 late nights in a row. Lotsa stress.

Went pretty well, though. (I think...)

Started feeling pretty ill during the day yesterday. Cold sweats and shivering. (Although it was almost 60 degrees around here yesterday...) I haven't been getting much in the way of sleep lately... that could account for a lot of it.

I feel a bit better today... but I think I'm going to try to take it pretty easy today and try to catch up on my rest so I can make the shift tomorrow.

i hate tailgaters.

****ing bitches about ****ing wrecked into me while i was pulling into my driveway. i have to complete stop because i'm taking a left turn and MUST WAIT FOR OPPOSING TRAFFIC, and there's no shoulder for them idiots behind me to go onto, and it's not plowed on that end so i got blowed out, and the guy behind that driver almost plowed into me. seriously people, when the road is WET, PUT 2 CARS BETWEEN THE DRIVER IN FRONT OF YOU IT'S NOT THAT HARD AND YOU'RE NOT GOING ANY SLOWER.

Now for the people that go 10 miles under the speed limit....that's fine and all if it's at night, but when it's daylight and you can see that the road is dry. GET THE **** OFF MY ROAD. (reason why i was nearly rearended cause the guy in front of me decided to snail it the whole way then pulled off the road when it was a little wet)

:mad:

cracken: on the upside, atleast it was 'just' one year, I walked away from a 4 year relationship in Sept last year, talk about feeling like you wasted time, my entire early 20's down the drain...........just give it some time, and go out have osme fun before you worry about dating again

oh, on my side:

2 250gb sata drives, and XP Pro SP2 x64 with a vista upgrade coupon should be showing up today to go with my new athlon turion 64 2ghz cpu and asus mobo.....gunna pair it with some crucial ballistix 2x 512mb low latency ram and my X1600 Pro for a new gaming machine............should be nice for Bf2142, empire at war, whatever other games I acquire to go with that..........I'm pretty psyched, ever since my old mobo died in July I have been scavenging parts bins to keep a machine together having been low on cash.

the downside of course, is this happened right after I spent 100 bucks on the X1600

total spent so far in the couse of parst swaps has been prolly 500 bucks, I could tossed together a low dollar pentium D 805 OC machine or maybe a core 2 machine, but instead have a socket 754 a64 machine(atleast using the turion i have 1mb of L2) since I was stuck with AGP........

oh well, I hope to build a core quadro machine next fall and jump back up to high end......

I almost never buy a new Microsoft OS until well after the first service pack has been released. I suspect that will be the case with Vista as well.

I didn't obey that rule with ME,.. and I lived to regret it hard.

Not that it matters much at the moment... I'm sure Vista wouldn't run happily on my current dinosaur-era equipment.

Well, I saw a longish list of hardware and software that isn't compatible (yet) the other day. The notable ones were Norton 2007, and a huge list of older games.

In a couple of months drivers will be written and patches released that will solve all the issues that early adopters currently face.

That's the main reason I have for waiting a bit.

@ Nitrous:

:joy:

Dude... I've seen it all.

Worked a show for a Cape Verdean singer named Lura Sat. night. While I have little opinion about her music, I personally found her to be quite attractive. Totally smokin' bod. (Pictures I have since seen of her fail to do it proper justice.)

I spent the entire afternoon unable to restrain myself from staring at her with more than a little unfeigned and (unfortunately) undisguised lust.

As she was leaving after the show she threw me a sly look that I could only interpret as her being very well aware of my leering at her person in a most unseemly manner all day, and the fact that she had absolutely no issues with it at all, and in fact was probably quite flattered.

Wow.

Drove down to Middleboro for my aunt's birthday yesterday. Nice time, except for the fact that I was totally exhausted all day, and kept wanting to nod off every time I got comfortable.

Watched the "Dead Man's Chest" DVD when I got home. Pretty good, but I think I like the first one a bit better.

Tried to go to bed early since I was so tired,... but just tossed-and-turned until my normal bed time (about 1:30 a.m.) One of these days I'll learn not to bother.

I heart vista, my buddy runs RC2 and its pretty sexy

x64 is proving to be a nice PITA, but its neat anyways I guess, windows one care isnt compatible with it though, arg!

edlib: try taking a melononin pill when you are trying to go to bed early, about 20 minutes before you head to bed....should help a little bit

Ed, your link is broken.

It is? Huh. Still works for me...

Anyway, if you are still interested: http://www.luracriola.com/lura_foto/fotos.html (In Portuguese, I think...)

Like I said: none of the pics here truly do justice. You really do need to see her in the same outfit (sprayed-on denims, knee high lace-up high-heeled leather boots, and the tiny white sweater stretched so tight that I've no doubt you could have easily bounced a quarter off it... and trust me, I had a pocket full of change jus' dying to find out for sure, if ya' know that I mean, and I think you do... :naughty: ) that she sound-checked in.

Nah... just lookin'. Some window shopping, as it were. Y'know: Trying to decide what it is I'd sure like to find under the tree this year for Christmas. :D

Seriously: I was on the clock. Gotta try to stay professional... sort of.

Then there would have been the whole language barrier thing to contend with: she knows maybe 2 full sentences in English... which is infinitely more than the Portuguese I know. Would have sure made it hard to put the moves on... (not that I really have any to speak of, anyway. :( )

But I sure don't mind looking, whenever possible.

I normally try to ogle as subtly as possible though,.. just in case it makes the subject of said ogling uncomfortable.

In this case I just wasn't able to control my impulses... but I don't think it mattered. She seemed to enjoy the attention.

Or perhaps (more likely) it was mearly my imagination playing tricks on me... a bit of self-delusion... libido-induced wishful thinking.

Wouldn't be the first time that's happened. Sure as hell won't be the last.

Not even the only time it's happened to me on this page of posts. That depression I mentioned a half-dozen or so posts back that caused me to lash out so unkindly has it's roots in exactly this situation.

I won't go into all the sordid details... but suffice it to say if I did, you would all think that I went back and scoured the archives to copy-and-paste Nute's most angst-ridden "infatuation" post ever, then re-wrote it to exaggerate my self-loathing to be at least a half-million times worse. Maybe more...

Archived