Home

The New, Improved One Year Thread: 2006 Edition

edlib

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, and by the way: That sketchy hard drive of mine is still working.

Just thought I'd rub it in...

Yeah. LOL. Lololololololol. Uberlol. :dozey: ..

Besides, you mean "rub" as in "oil", "massage", "bodily fluids" "vagina" and/or "ass cheek", plus the term "all over"? .. Because yesterday I had like an incredible combination of these all..

:joy:

--

Ed, the "secret" is NOT to pay attention in a way that pays attention. Don't be a man who wants a girl.

Guys want girls, there is no need to show or tell them (until necessary maybe). And usually, if a girl is interested, she will show you, regardless if you're interested or not. In fact, if you don't care, she'll be even more hot for you. It's the same for relationships. DON'T tell a girl you're just there for her or something like that. Ever. I'm serious. I mean, she'll find it all romantic and ****, but from this point on, you're her slave by fact. Err, so just be cool, comprende? ;

50 year old man or lady?

lady, if it were a dude I probaby woulda done SOMETHING about it.....

we have an older gay male sextretary, I steer clear of him due to rumor'd innappropriate coments from him to some of the other male coworkers.

I don't care that he's gay, but advances on coworkers at work is highly unprofessional and innappropriate

plus hes creepy

Err, so just be cool, comprende? ;

Sure... except I've also tried that too (a LOT!), and that really doesn't seem to work any better for me,.. or at all.

Hence, the near total aversion to any event or activity that can be even thought of as "social." I've had it up to here with embarrassing myself publicly in front of friends and strangers.

After all: If the end result of going out at night is that I end back home alone a few hours later in exactly the same state as when I left, only in a far, far worse mood, then I kinda see no real point to leaving the house in the first place.

In other news: Addiction withdrawal sucks.

Nonononono. No. You seem not to understand. Don't "try to" or "pretend", but "do". I mean don't go out just to come back home with someone. Just go out. Leave the house. free yourself from "expectations". Go out to have a drink. Go out to to have a burger. Go out to be not at home when mum calls. DON'T go out to get to know a girl or something like that. Don't even think about that. Si?

*Shrug*

That sounds like every day to me. It's not like I never leave the house... I just tend not to go places where other people are planning on getting together and socializing.

Organized socialization is what I tend to avoid. Any time a large bunch of people plan on all getting together and having a good time, I'm sure it portends a recipe for disaster for me. Parties, dances, wedding receptions... fuggetaboutit! Leave me out of it!

And as far as not thinking about getting a girl when I do leave the house... trust me on this one: I learned not to expect that years, perhaps decades, ago. It has a bit of the feel of a self-fulfilling prophesy, though.

If it makes you feel any better for me, though, I am probably going to go out tonight and meet up with an old friend (one of the guys that recorded that "Hot Dog Sally" song with me.) He said he might have some other friends that still live in the area hang out, too.

I'm sure that it will probably end up being every bit the testosterone-laden sausage-fest that XWA has become lately, though... (A.K.A. - all guys...)

"Nice pants!"

A buddy of mine at work was reading Newsweek or Time or USNews one time at his desk. He left the mag open to a page where there was some photos from a war zone. One of the pics was of a soldier who had been blown apart from the waist up, leaving only his legs and a bit of spine behind.

As a group of people walked by and saw it they all said similar things:

"Ewww... gross!"

"Nasty!"

"How horrible"

"Ugh, I'm gonna be sick!"

"Hey,.. Nice Pants!"

Anyone wanna guess which one of those phrases came out of ol' edlib's mouth? :dozey:

Yah... welcome to my sick and twisted psyche. Enjoy the stay!

Hmmm... I'm not sure what to make of that...

Starting to find myself in a better mood. Still catching up on sleep. Still strictly decaf today. (Slipped a little last night when out with friends, had a Coke...)

Pretty chill get together last night. Only 4 of us (and my Y-chromosome prediction was true...) shooting the ****, listening to weird music, watching weird T.V., and eating overly spicy Mexican takeout.

Almost got killed crossing the street in Somerville by a woman in an SUV... Got the rear-view mirror imprint in the small of my back to prove it. That got my attention.

Nothing like a near-death experience to brighten your night.

yeah i about had an accident the other day..person decided to stop and let someone out to go to the opposing lane of traffic....it was rainy too and i almost crashed. hate when people think they're being courteous.....that's prolly what got my buick crashed last year.

walmart wasnt so bad yesterday....today it's gonna be iffy, not sure what to expect but i only work a few hours...then after work i'll be going downstairs to party w/my landlords. :joy:

I work 10-7 on tuesday.......that may suck, but i do not have to close...

This year was a pretty good year i'll say.

1. We killed zaqawi (sp?)

2. I got my broadband!

3. I got to visit an old friend

4. My sister didn't get killed in the car accident she was in

5. I got a pay raise

6. Got to experience deer hunting for the 1st time

Looking back through the thread: last year seemed to start out pretty good for me, but kind of went seriously downhill starting around September. All that cat dying, gum surgery, boss quitting, car trouble drama...

I don't believe I have yet really recovered from the truly hellish week I sustained at that time.

Don't worry Keyan... I'm rapidly approaching 37 and I still feel directionless much of the time. Or perhaps you should worry, as not to end up like me in 10 years...

I think that's what has really come to sink in over the last couple of months: "I've now achieved most my goals for my career, and home and car ownership and such... Sooooo, now what?"

It seems that's why the loneliness has really began to sink in for earnest lately. Up until now I think I was so centered on getting to the next level with my job goals to worry too much about my personal life.

Now that I've plateaued somewhat, and find myself satisfied, if not exactly happy, with the work load and the level of income... I have suddenly come to realize just exactly how isolated from the rest of the human race I have let myself become.

It didn't come with PowerDVD? I thought that came with every drive ever made...

Anyway, my Christmas was pretty good. I played the piano for Mass this morning, and I have to say...I was on. Felt damn good to nail it on such a big day with so many people there. And afterward who should be there but the young lady I have mentioned in a few recent posts. She looked absolutely beautiful. We talked for a minute, and she gave me hug. I gave her a little card with a donation to charity in the recipient's name. Not too bad at all.

Scored a few interesting items this year. (Even though I don't personally celebrate Christmas, I still go to the family get-together every year, and a few family members still feel obligated to give me things, despite all my protests. Plus, I always participate in the family Yankee-Gift-Swap game we do.)

First: Big score of the day (my swap prize... well, not really. It's what I was really after, but I got bid out at the end. My my mom traded her prize for it for me after the fact.) A SanDisk 2-GB USB2 mini flash drive. Killer!

Second: (My actual swap prize) A Stanley 500W halogen work lamp. Not sure what I'm going to use it for yet... but cleaning out the attic crawl spaces seems a good option. Then perhaps I'll bring it to work.

Also: A giant coffee cup. I already have a couple of these, but since they tend to break far more often than I'd like, it never hurts to have a spare. Plus, a box of Hershey's Kisses, and a $15 Dunkin' Donuts gift card.

It was a good day with the fam, if just a little too crowded for my tastes. Pretty much the entire extended family mangaged to make it today, meaning there was about 30 people there, about half of them kids under 12. Got a little hectic and loud at points.

Crack - Try here. You might find something that works. I seem to remember downloading at least one full codec package that also included a DVD decoder.

Otherwise, just Google ''free DVD decoder.''

Something else:

I found a website the other day that has all the original Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy radio shows available for download as mp3s. I'm not at all sure of the exact legality of this, but I've never heard all the original shows, or any of them in consecutive order. It's frikken' great!

got some pretty good gifts myself....got a nintendo ds lite and final fantasy III, as well as a bow for left handed people such as myself. :) I also got bourne identity/supremacy, and 'over there' dvd series and a few cool books. I gotta get my bow assembled at a shop though before I can use it.

bourne identity/supremacy...

Heh... I just re-watched these back-to-back the other night, on Christmas eve. Amazing stunt work! The Moscow car chase is worth the price of admission alone.

Something just occured to me:

Aren't we overdue for an annual visit from the Rabbity one?

Seems like this is about the time every year he escapes his cage for a couple of weeks.

I hope to see Zoomie. I miss him and his.... interesting outlook on life, the universe, and everything.

Christmas was lonely. Did score the aforementioned sweet swag. Love the new monitor. Now, i just need a 5.1 surround sound system and I'd be happy. :D

Other things bought/aquired during the holiday season:

Broken Heart.

Guitar Hero II

Wireless Guitar Hero II Controller

The Best of Lynyrd Skynyrd Millennium Collection CD

Another freakin' raise due to the minimum wage increase in NY.

World of Warcraft T-shirts, one with Horde, another with the Alliance emblem.

Archived