Home

Let Lucas Arts hear our voice about Venator...

Athanasios

What do you think about the "deletion" of Venator from EaW?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the "deletion" of Venator from EaW?

• It's crazy! Venator class must be included in the game!
    • I definitely agree with Petro and Lucasarts; i'll send them a gift!
    • I don't care/ I don't know...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then so are Acclamators. They seemed to get the AT-ATs down to the surface without any problems in ESB. There were no Accs assigned to Death Squadron, so they must be outdated as well. Z0MG REM0VE!

If we follow the route that it's outdated, then we can complain that the Victories are outdated. We can complain that Y wings are outdated. We can complain that the flip-flops that the rebels wear are outdated. If things are decommisioned as soon as they become outdated, then why were the Imperial class Star Destroyers at Endor? They're just outdated pieces of junk! No point in having them, they should be at a shipyard being taken apart, surely? No point in having the Y-wings there either. B-Wings were far superior.

Simply, stop using the outdated argument. The Empire doesn't have enough resources to mothball it's entire fleet becuase it's getting old, then come up with a whole new fleet without leaving any holes in it's security. It needs old ships to cover gaps. War needs ships.

One objection; 2 ships from Ep3 won't make player feel the passing from Ep3 to Ep4, don't kid ourselves. There more than this that must be included so that the stated timeline is covered. I know "you ask a lot", but you stated a lot too.

One objection i guess noone noticed. So, let me be more precise since this is too important about EaW.

Ok, take Venator class out (don't mention Acclamator...). Take the latest clone troops' outfits seen in Ep3. Take out many of the ships of Ep3 and ground vehicles. Keep Acclamator and that imperial repulsor tank (or whatever is officially named) which is similar to the clones' tanks. Well, check above and tell me how you jump from Ep3 to Ep4 with 2 units from Ep3. Prove me wrong, but every single screenshot and trailer released so far about EaW shows me a pure Ep4 game. Offcourse, we can lay down the start production dates of each ship/vehicle and see that, indeed, most were made between the gap Ep3 - Ep4. But, logically speaking, every non-SW familiar (and not only) player that have seen the first trilogy and turns his attention to EaW will correlate it to Ep4 (and above) episodes, not backwards, simply because everything shown so far connects immediatelly to the first trilogy, not the newer one (1st trilofy: Ep4-6, newer: Ep1-3).

Thus, the point is not Venator class itself, as if we cannot play without it, but what it represends, what it stands for, and this is the connection between Ep3 and Ep4. Furthermore, it's clear that one ship and one tank won't fill the gap of Ep3-Ep4, or, as someone pointed, the gap of "few years before Ep4"-Ep4, which turns to be the same thing if you calculate the years. In simple words, Eaw, in this current stage of developement, seems to has a serious problem as far as the connection of Ep3-Ep4 is concerned.

And as T10 said, it's obvious that an expansion is already decided. When you know that there are 50 modeled ships out there, who knows how many ground vehicles,troops and heroes, when there's a great potential of expanding the galacitc map and when you see some lacks in EaW that can be fixed (ie. incapability of vehicles carrying troops) then it's more than certain that an expansion is already scheduled. Exactly as with Battlefront II, EaW's expansion pack will propably be released within a year after EaW's release and will be a quick-made expansion based on EaW's engine, maybe with some few enhancements.

All in all, if EaW was stated as a pure Ep4 game, then such issues would never arrise.

I agree that the Venator is the very link to Ep3 for the game as there is so much OT stuff in the game it should have some links to Ep3 not just the clone wars but as for it will be in a Clone Wars Expansion this is a Waste when the tech will have to over right a load of other ships that are in from the OT it makes more sense just to expand it through the OT and arrive at the NJO series. therefore the game would be the only sensible time to add the Venator as they Cannot Expand backwards.

You're right Athanasios! You're completly right!!!! Im one from the young generation of starwars fans... so i've only seen the new episode in cinema! shure i have the old ones on dvd but i've grew up with ne episode! its just stupid to make a pure ep4 game!! i mean, people who have seen that movie original in cinema are now about 40, 45 years old, most of them dont play a game like that. but why the hell ar they still developing a game for this generation????????? and my question is: was venator-class destroyed from one deay to the next, right after ep3 ends?? NO!!! so why are they taking it out? THE ACCLAMATOR IS ALSO STILL IN IT, BUT ACCTUALY ACCLAMATOR ISN'T EVEN IN EP3 ANY MORE!!! take a look on startingbattle of ep3... do you see any acclamator? NO!!! and why? BECAUSE THEY ARE IN EP3 ALLREADY 12 YEARS OLD!!!!! but the venators where just made at the end of clonewars, so beginning of ep3, so acclamator were 11 years in use.... at the time when empire at wars starts, venator are just 3 years old!!! DO THEY HAVE SO ****ING MUCH MONEY TO BUY A TOTAL NEW FLEET WITH 2000 SHIPS ALL 3 YEARS?????? i dont think so......

SO PLZ BRING BACK VENATOR IN A PATCH!!!!

Sadly, I don't think that an EP3 to 4 link can be established. EP1 to 2 was 10 years, and all that really progressed was the Republic diplomatic ship into the Jedi starfighter. Every other ship was either the same or completely new. Trying to leap about 20 years with 2 ships and a pair of costumes just won't work. In my opinion, it needs to be ANH-RotJ period. Just EP4 is too small (oh whopee doo! A star destroyer, tie fighters and a Deathstar for the imps, and a corvette and two starship designs for the rebs), while trying to do RotS-ANH is just silly. All that's really extra is the Venator. Throw in a ship from AotC and that's it for canon stuff. Everything else is EU.

2 ships (1 never seen before) does not constitute 20 years of military progression. It constitues curiosity at why so little has happened. It's not as if everybody shut it and let the Empire consolidate power (into one manageable monthly payment :D ). The Empire was always at war, and should've kept up to date.

In Truth I agree that the Venator is a link to Episode III, As well the Acclamator(sorry if misspelled) is more of a link to the clone wars(Episode II) because the main travel of the clone troopers(asside from the Republic Frigate) were transported from. The key concern to us(the fans) is whether the link should stay in the game or if petro wants a different link to something farther then Episode III. :vsd::smash:

Sadly Athanasios is right. Read this for me:

Marin County, Calif. - January 21, 2005 - LucasArts revealed today that it will give PC players the opportunity to control the fate of the galaxy in an all new real-time strategy (RTS) game titled Star Wars: Empire at War (tentative title). Set a few years before the events of Episode IV A New Hope, the game will let players rewrite history as well as experience the aftermath of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, the creation of the Rebel Alliance, and Darth Vader's rise to power. Star Wars: Empire at War is scheduled for a release in Fall 2005.

According to the official press release announcment of EaW we could expierence the history of the aftermath of Episode III. They promised us a game to link both trilogies, and yet they have delivered a pure original trilogy game. No scratch that, this is an episode IV game. It can't be totally original trilogy since we dont even have all the original trilogy ships.

This game doesnt link episode III and episode IV. This game is trying to link episode II and episode IV. Why? The acclaimator, and that tank unit we see in episode II fighting for the clone armies. But even at that it does a bad job, because the majority of this game is episode IV material.

In closing, I do have to say to Lucas Arts, that if you were going to remove the Venator it should have been done a long time ago. First, you post the Venator in the fleet section of empireatwar.com. Then second update and it's gone. Okay so maybe it was scratched early. A while later and bam, we see a screenshot of it in action. And I have to say it sure links the trilogies for me. Because among the newer high tech ships of the galaxy I can still see that link back to the old days of the Republic, and in space the Venator is a reminder that those days are done and the Empire has been created. And the day you tell us it's removed, guess what? The Designer diary is released with anouther screen of the venator in action! Now if that's not a slap in the face I dont know what is. Lucas Arts, I ask of you to give us back at least one unit in space that is a link back to episode III. Other than the Venator, theres the Acclaimator and most fans will link that to episode II. One reason being we dont even see the Acclaimator in the Coruscant space battle in episode III, almost implying it had been replaced by the Venator.

Please Lucas Arts give us back the Venator,

Popcorn2008

The game has always been set a few years before ANH, so how they can say we can experience the aftermath of of Ep. III is beyond me. Yes, we are going to experience the aftermath of Ep. III from a certain point of view, but not in the the way the Press Release makes it sound like.

Now, I have never, that I can remember, read anything that has stated that this game will bridge the gap between Ep.III and Ep.IV, other than from fans (by all means, correct me if I'm wrong :) But do it in a nice way, my Hammer is by my side, and I'm not afraid to use it :D ). I have however, read that the game will show the creation of the Alliance to Restore the Repuclic (better known as just Rebel Alliance), which according to Star Wars lore took place around 2 years before the events of ANH.

And while I'm on the subject of timelines and eras, here's the timeline for all 3 movies (roughly):

Episode I - 31-32 BBY

Episode II - 21-22 BBY

Episode III - 19-20 BBY

Battle of Yavin - Year 0

Episode V - 3 ABY

Episode VI - 4 ABY

Note: BBY means Before the Battle of Yavin, and ABY means After the Battle of Yavin. This is the way the Star Wars timeline is written, and year zero is Battle of Yavin.

The Venator-class Star Destroyer should definitely be included in-game... Simply because the game's time-line is set between Ep.3 & Ep.4... I mean, how can the Acclamator-class assault ship be in when it's far more outdated than the Venators?! Anyone would understand that the Acclamators were only in Ep.2 up 'til the Clone Wars Vol.1... Then, the Venators were introduced and they made a fine job in dealing with the Seps, as in the case of Guarlara against the Invisible Hand in the OSB of Ep.3... And, the Acclamators weren't around anymore...

Anyone who has read Star Wars Ep.3 Incredible Cross-Sections might agree that the Venators were one of the bestest-looking and coolest ships in the Star Wars galaxy, what with the Flight Decks & Opening Armored Bow Doors, even the Command Bridge looked far better than those of the Victory's & Imperator's... And the name Venator itself sounds totally kewl & profound, perhaps it means something like Hunter, as in Venatic... hmm...

On the basis of adhering to the time-line, I don't see why the Venators shouldn't be included, when the Acclamators are already in considering the fact that they are even way older than the Venators and far less powerful...

Finally, the most beautiful part of the Venators is also the saddest part... Audiences never got to see how the Carrier-role of the Venators were utilized in full glory in Ep.3, except for a glimpse of Obi Wan's Jedi Interceptor flying out of a smaller compartment... I realized that it would have been INCREDIBLY KEWL to witness a squardron of Star Fighters emerging from the Flight Deck of the Venators, a moment quite unprecedented... I feel that it wouldn't be doing justice to such a gorgeous piece of work in the Star Wars Universe, and very sad indeed, if fans of the Venators can't experience such a wonderful thing in all their lives...

I voted the second option. I hate the new movies, give me OT, please. I hope i can disable it if they include it.

To those saying the old argument of "if the acclamator is just as old, and the venetor is removed, then it should be removed too"...

Read Jan Gaarni's first post in the thread.

Guest DarthMaulUK
mean, people who have seen that movie original in cinema are now about 40, 45 years old, most of them dont play a game like that. QUOTE]

How dare you! :slsaber: People who watched the original trilogy arent that old and there are alot of 'mature' people playing RTS games out there.

DMUK

Perhaps the reason why the Venators were removed, was that it was hard to balance the game... The Venators are unique in that they can launch starfighters from an open flight deck... That might have been too powerful... But nonetheless, it's really cool! And it's really unfair not to be able to witness that!

What Jan Gaarni mentioned might have been right, as can be seen in the nugget of information regarding The Kuat Legacy in The Incredible Cross Sections...

Nonetheless, I'm sure it was a rather difficult decision for Petroglyph to remove the Venator, and I believe that they certainly didn't do it hastily & thoughtlessly... It's really sad that the Venators have to go, whether one may like it or not... Hopefully, Petroglyph would work something out that's really fair...

I voted the second option. I hate the new movies, give me OT, please. I hope i can disable it if they include it.

I do like the original trilogy and I see where your coming from. Im not to fond of the prequels except for episode III. The other two are okay in my opinion but no where match up to the OT.

But this game isnt original trilogy. It is supposed to be set before the OT. By about two years yes, and maybe it doesnt say it links the trilogies, yes. I think they should at least have the Venator be available in a few missions in a limited number, because they are outsourced. But so should the Acclaimator. Do we see one acclaimator in episode IV? Seeing as this game is about two years before episode IV, we technically shouldnt see a single one of those either. The only place we ever hear about the acclaimator during the OT is in the Expanded Universe. I understand that EaW is supposed to incoporate some EU, but it really isnt fair to the reality of the star wars universe. If the Venator is out so should the Acclaimator. In my opinion anyways :D.

im very happy its gone now u guys can now stop complaining about(hopefully)it.

Quite the opposite im afraid. Removing the Venator will only increase my complaints. :^: It may be only a ship, but it is the only link in space we will have to episode III. What other ship is there?

Whatever that was mentioned regarding whether or not the Venator should be included, I still feel very strongly that the MAIN & BEST reason that will JUSTIFY the Venator's return, will be that people should really get to witness and enjoy the launching of starfighters from the flight deck, and the opening and closing of the armored bow doors... That was something that wasn't seen in Ep.3... And it's a shame that it remains unseen, 'cuz if it really does remain that way, than why was the Venator's existence be brought into for?!

I definitely think the Venator should be in the game. It is an important link to ROTS and also a very cool looking ship IMO.

Although I think EaW will be a great game, the timeline seems to be a potential downfall. We are lacking many of the cool starships from ROTJ. I am hoping an expansion will introduce that stuff.

The Venator wasn't even just a ship! It was the most beautiful thing ever created in the Star Wars Universe! I, for once, have never seen such an intriguing piece of work in any other Sci-Fi movies... It is really injustice that something that's an INTEGRAL part of this game, in the space battles and all, can be considered as just a ship...

To anyone who thinks that since the Venator is out, the Acclamator should be out too, because the Venator replaced it .....

As far as I know, you don't replace a transport ship with a warship, or vice versa. I've never heard this to happen. Doesn't mean it didn't though just because I haven't. But I'm quite positive noone does this.

You replace a transport ship with a newer transport ship, and or better one, not a warship.

And you replace a warship with another, newer and/or better warship, not a transport ship.

The Venator got a replacement: The Imperator Star Destroyer.

So far I have not heard of any replacement ship for the Acclamator. On the contrary, it is said to have continued to serve the Empire far after the events in Ep. III.

Archived