Home

Revenge Of The Studio

Guest DarthMaulUK

Ok, I'm going to give you all another business lesson :)

Another example of public/private companies:

The Kansas City Chiefs.

Since they're privately owned, they can be called this, and the lawsuits to change their name to something that's not "offensive" just bounce off- they have no grounds. They could make an NFL team called the "Nazi SS Stormtroopers Who Haul You Out Of Your Home at 3 am and Beat You Silly And Then Burn A Cross In Your Yard", and no one could do hoot about it (it would be BAD for business though- and that's the only non-legal control you have over a private company).

Business and economics are interesting reads :)

The Command and Conquer series was one of my last real EA favorites, other then the Total War series. I have been sick of sports games for a long time, and I’m sick of EA spamming out a new one every single year. Its ridiculous! I wont even bother with the x-box 360 unless they come out with something other then sports games.

I'm an RTS and Star Wars fan, so its obvious which one I will buy. :)

Ok, I'm going to give you all another business lesson :)

Another example of public/private companies:

The Kansas City Chiefs.

Since they're privately owned, they can be called this, and the lawsuits to change their name to something that's not "offensive" just bounce off- they have no grounds. They could make an NFL team called the "Nazi SS Stormtroopers Who Haul You Out Of Your Home at 3 am and Beat You Silly And Then Burn A Cross In Your Yard", and no one could do hoot about it (it would be BAD for business though- and that's the only non-legal control you have over a private company).

Business and economics are interesting reads :)

dont you think a law suit would be "BAD for business", bringing on a suit (if highly publisized) would have a negative effect on the business.

1. That article does bash EA, you can't deny it.

2. I've heard a lot of "I'm not getting BFME2 because the first one sucked" BAD VERY BAD you can't judge a game from the first one especially since it is a completely new game or does the "2" mean nothing. And then...

3. No one here has played either of these games yet your saying that one is going to kick the other ones ass. Play them and read the reviews (which are still bs) before you say anything so basically play the game for yourself and don't listen to anyone elses lies.

anyways i plan to get both bfme 2 and eaw, im looking forward to them both since so far both rts games for these titles suck ass and frankly i dont care if both of these companies wipe themselves out in this "war" because im in it for the games not the companies.

Everyone hates large companies because we all naturally root for the small guy. When any company/government gets too large we automatically hate them. I prefer to judge things on their merits not on their size.

As Yoda said "Judge me by my size do you?, As well you should not !"

I think that all EA products should be boycotted. That will teach them a lesson not to mess with us. Seriously, who doesn't like EA, shouldn't buy their products, I don't buy their products for example.

About Battle for Middle Earth 2: I really don't get why are they remaking the same thing they made last year. The only thing that I could think of are larger maps and bigger armies.

Guest DarthMaulUK
Everyone hates large companies because we all naturally root for the small guy. When any company/government gets too large we automatically hate them. I prefer to judge things on their merits not on their size.

Its not so much the size of EA, its how they do their business. Closing down a popular studio(s) like they did/do is not good for the community at all. Thats the one key reason I dont like them and the fact their games do suck. Im not a sports game fan and BFME was awful - compared to the industry benchmark at that time and the way they also do business with retail is an insult to the community.

DMUK

Its not so much the size of EA, its how they do their business. Closing down a popular studio(s) like they did/do is not good for the community at all. Thats the one key reason I dont like them and the fact their games do suck. Im not a sports game fan and BFME was awful - compared to the industry benchmark at that time and the way they also do business with retail is an insult to the community.

DMUK

I agree that the way they do business is terrible for the community. Most large companys are slow to react and take forever to decide the to do the things that make the community happy. Its the "too many bosses" syndrome that prevents them responding to the community quickly like a small company can.

EA is butchering the LOTR license. It's sad to watch. So much potential. This is a small rant about EA's treatment of the license

Many on this forum would (and have) complain if EaW drifted away from the source material. The look of the broadside, timeline etc....

Now consider how a LOTR fan of the books and films feels about EA and the BFME series. Especially BFME 2 which has totally IGNORED source material, come up with lots of cliche fantasy things (for that coolness factors it's whining fans demand) and has absolutley HORRIBLE art design. Absolutley awful. Especially when compared to the unbelievably awsome work WETA did on the films.

But the fact is, EA don't give a hoot about LOTR or Tolkien They just want the money.

Once we get past the horrible original art and inaccuracies to the book, we get to the horrible quality of the skins, the recycling of BFME skins and inaccuracies to their movie counterparts.

BFME skins were horrible, 64x64 things. They used nice high res skins in trailers and cutscenes, and removed them for release. They used horrible gold armor for upgrades. They had glowing swords for all. Not only that but the skins and models were horribly inaccurate. This time round the skins are higher res, but due to .dds compression etc.. they still look awful ingame.

Now for BFME 2, they've simply recycled a bunch of old skins. Oh, and re-skinning them for new units. Dunedain rangers are ithilien rangers, wearing grey, with silver bracers. Dale archers are a reskin of Yeoman archers. The list goes on.

BFME 2 is an attempt to leech more money from the LOTR license... EaW will beat it hands down.

Eh... I don't naturally root for the small guy, but I see where your coming from. I do know some people who do. But fact is im mad at EA for disbanding Westwood, on of my most favorite developers, and then moving them to EALA. Im just glad some of them didnt go and formed their own company. That's why im mad, not just because Petro may be the small guy.

2. I've heard a lot of "I'm not getting BFME2 because the first one sucked" BAD VERY BAD you can't judge a game from the first one especially since it is a completely new game or does the "2" mean nothing.

Well, if BattlefrontII taught us anything, it's that the second one will suck worse than the first.

EA hasn't made a good game in nearly a decade. They've published some decent games, but they themselves, haven't made any.

Eh... I don't naturally root for the small guy, but I see where your coming from. I do know some people who do. But fact is im mad at EA for disbanding Westwood, on of my most favorite developers, and then moving them to EALA. Im just glad some of them didnt go and formed their own company. That's why im mad, not just because Petro may be the small guy.

I too was very upset that they axed Westwood, I loved their games and was very happy to see they set up Petro and will now bring us the best RTS ever.

I always root for the best guy regardless of size and in this case its petro over EA any day of the week.

Well, if BattlefrontII taught us anything, it's that the second one will suck worse than the first.

EA hasn't made a good game in nearly a decade. They've published some decent games, but they themselves, haven't made any.

That is very true, BFII was not quite what I was expecting to say the least.

I like the EA sports games like Madden and Live, but their original titles aren't the greatest.

What video game companies need to start doing is stop with the corporate wars and start producing some good quality games. I've noticed a slippage of quality in games in these last few years. It is becoming more and more for the money and less for the quality of the game. They don't understand that making less games with better quality and the companies support for years to come will increase sales and make the community happier and the game more popular. For example both Bungie and Blizzard have supported and are still supporting their games which are all high quality and are still being played by hundreds of thousands today, including myself.

Ok here's my say ALL OF EA'S GAMES HAVE SUCKED ASS ECCEPT 4 THE FIRST 1'S NEED 4 SPEED AND C&C GAMES... SO AS FAR AS I'M CONCERED EA CAN GO JUMP IN THE LAKE PETRO ARE GONNA PWN YOU U NOOBS EA ARE NOOBS N.O.O.B.S EaW IS GONNA ROCK YOUR SOCKS LOL but than again i'm a Star Wars N.E.R.D LOL

EA SUCKS ASS

Archived