Home

Just got KOTOR 2. . .

CommanderKane

In general, I liked the characters in K1 a little better, simply because they mirrored the SW feel a little better. However, I agree that the TSL characters are intriguing, to say the least, and far less black-and-white or good-and-evil in personality. Kreia drove me crazy and fascinated me all at the same time. In that respect, I think that TSL had some interesting character development. I do wish that some of the characters' stories had been a little more fleshed out, and my hubby wishes that he wasn't given paragraphs of dialogue all at one time--he hated reading through a ton of conversation in one sitting, but I didn't mind this.

Well, the ending of TSL is without a doubt, weak.

But other than that its not as bad as some may say.

Ok, the glitch part, its bad bad bad. But by making mroe saves you can avoid most of the problems.

Yes, its sad they don't do the HK part when there are so many hints in the story. But apart from that, and the unclear ending (yes its the problemetic ending again) of BaoDur everything is fine.

I wish they would come up a "redubbed" version with fixed endings, maybe release it as part of a "kotor triology" box set?!?

• 2 weeks later...

I had bought TSL first and enjoyed it, then bought the first game and am loving it. I have characters from each game that I dislike and rarely use(ok its shows more in TSL). But overall I feel the characters in the first game were more intriguing than the second.

The TSL characters are more creative and not so black and white but what really bugs me about it is the ton of dialogue you have to read just in one sitting and the fact that the game does a lousy job of deleting dialogue choices youve already picked so you dont have to accidentally waste time repeating the same stuff and not remembering what youve already read and what you havent.

The TSL characters are more creative and not so black and white but what really bugs me about it is the ton of dialogue you have to read just in one sitting and the fact that the game does a lousy job of deleting dialogue choices youve already picked so you dont have to accidentally waste time repeating the same stuff and not remembering what youve already read and what you havent.
But it is nice to be able to go back and get information if you missed it...

Well, the characters themselves can be good, but the way it is done is kinda weak I have to say. The quests themselves are sometimes to easily missed.

Like, G0t0 is a good concept, but the way it is done(and his related story) is so poor that g0t0 ends up the least liked character.

Atton is done smoothly, a rarity in the series.

BaoDur lacks a good ending due to the cut content thingy.

Handmaiden... I mean, I wish there is more to it. At lease something close to the Bastila/Revan thingy.

Visas... her whole story is wonderful, and unlike handmaiden you at least get to "make out" with her... but her so called "side quest" is cramped into a single long dialogue sequence. She could have been so much more.

Michel/lowlife we call Desciple... annoying basturd and not so interesting story either, basically I hate him.

Nira/Hanharr... good only if you play both sides of the story, and hear both versions.

they may be less 1 dimensional in kotor2 but they are no where near as well developed as those in kotor1. in kotor1 you get to feel the character, there was a sense of closeness and progression, here they felt lacking, so many things started that were never concluded - so much potential wasted. It was almost as if a detailed character portrait is painted at the character's first meeting through the many dialogue options and then afterwards he/she is completely neglected.

Archived