Home

Bastila romance fix

Seamhainn

Hello!I just finished the Bastila romance, and spoke with her afterwards about it. Now I discovered that it breaks the romance because of a bug. Can that be fixed?

Thanks and take care

I think you're talking about how it effects the dialogue at the Rakatan Temple. It's like the romance/kiss never happened if you talk to her about it afterwards, so I never do.

If you really want it creative, ask someone make it so you can see the actually physical kiss between Revan and Bastila.

Just thought I'd add on that if someone were to actually make it show "the actual physical kiss"--which would be quite nice, by the way--hopefully it would also work with a female Revan. (Be that with or without, say, something like I think it's Hoa_Binh's RomanceMod). Again, that's "if", but thought I'd add that "just in case". :sweat:

I doubt you can see the kiss, because if there was an animation for it, wouldn't they show it isntead of the screen going black?

Well, I'm not sure there's a kissing animation per se, but this mod certainly achieves the desired results, albeit with a female Revan... Check out screenshot #3.

Heck, if a mod can fix the male Revan-Bastila romance, it'll have a permanent place in my override folder.

I finished the game and I could save Bastila from the dark side this time on the star forge. Though I have a savegame on the top of the Rakata temple, if someone in the know can give me the settings for the fix.

All in all: what does one miss in the dialogue with Bastila on the top of the temple if one destroyed the romance due to talking to Bastila after the kiss?

Thanks for any help and take care

• 4 weeks later...

In researching this issue on this and other forums it seems that there are two conversations after the kiss, and that if you get those conversations on the PC you will not have the romance dialog on the temple roof, nor the romance redemption dialog in the Star Forge. Rumor has it that these work fine on the X-Box.

While it would certainly be nice to have the kiss scene adjusted like the Carth Romance Fix did with its counterpart, I'd settle for reaching a "working as intended" state with the dialog on the PC version. Can anyone point me to the variables that need to be changed using KSE?

This sounds pretty ambitious but if put together right could be amazing. Hell, you could colaborate with whoever made the Carth Romance fix to combine it work with Bastila and have The Ultimate Romance Fix (URF). I really have no experience modding with Kotor, or any games for that matter, but I'd like to be a part of this project. Whoevers workin' on it, contact me if you'd like.

E-mail: Do not post your email address

AIM: DoubleDownSpade

MSN Messenger: Do not post your email address

lightexile, please read our Forum Rules as posting your email address is verboten. Thanks. -RH

This sounds pretty ambitious but if put together right could be amazing. Hell, you could colaborate with whoever made the Carth Romance fix to combine it work with Bastila and have The Ultimate Romance Fix (URF). I really have no experience modding with Kotor, or any games for that matter, but I'd like to be a part of this project. Whoevers workin' on it, contact me if you'd like.

Well, I did mean the MALE Revan. -girl romance? YUCK!! (vomit) If you didn't mean that, please disregard.

andyfed83, this post adds nothing relevant to this thread, thusly it is called spam, please make yourself aware of our Forum Rules before posting here again. Thanks. -RH

Oh I think I've found the bug to which you're referring.

In k_hbas_dialog.dlg Reply 27 calls the script k_swg_bastila20 which is used for incrementing the Bastila romance index, K_SWG_BASTILA.

The dialog that reaches this point:

Bastila: How can I help?

PC: I want to talk to you about what happened between us (condition: K_SWG_BASTILA=12)

Bastila: We've... we've already been over this. It was a moment of weakness (blah blah) We shouldn't speak of this anymore... not until Malak is defeated!

<k_swg_bastila20 fires>-->K_SWG_BASTILA=13

I assume the developers simply wanted Bastila to have the final word on the Ebon Hawk about keeping quiet about the kiss. By incrementing K_SWG_BASTILA to 13, they accomplish this. The problem however is that there are now two possibilities for the romance index by the time you reach the Unknown World. K_SWG_BASTILA can either be 12 or 13 depending on whether PC initiated this conversation. Unfortunately, unk44_evilbast.dlg assumes only that K_SWG_BASTILA=12 for its romance dialog options (dictated by k_punk_bastrom and negated by k_punk_bastromn) and eventually sets K_SWG_BASTILA=13 (via k_punk_bastadd).

A quick and dirty remedy to this would be to just remove the script entry attached to Reply 27 of k_hbas_dialog.dlg and put it in your Override folder. If you're already at the Temple then use KSE or KotOR Tool to set K_SWG_BASTILA to 12.

A quick and dirty remedy to this would be to just remove the script entry attached to Reply 27 of k_hbas_dialog.dlg and put it in your Override folder. If you're already at the Temple then use KSE or KotOR Tool to set K_SWG_BASTILA to 12.

Ok, quick question...

I don't play a male character, but my husband occasionally does, so I was gonna do tk102's 'dirty fix' here for him, in case he needed it, and I took a look thru the dialog in question:

k_hbas_dialog.dlg

and found the entry in question, but I have k_swg_bastila12a listed as the script that determines availability (?!)

Can that be right?

Like I wrote, I never play a male character, so the only thing I know of this bug is when it happened to my husband... once...

Should I change the entry I have, or leave it alone? I think I did a K1 update when I had to do a complete re-installation a while back because my computer crashed, so maybe the update changed it (?!)

Thanks for any help :D

I was gonna do tk102's 'dirty fix' here for him, in case he needed it, and I took a look thru the dialog in question:

k_hbas_dialog.dlg

and found the entry in question, but I have k_swg_bastila12a listed as the script that determines availability (?!)

Yes that is the correct script that determines availability for Reply 24. However, the script that you want to remove is k_swg_bastila20 from Reply 27 as shown below:

fe3c7fac.jpg

Archived