Home

Mercenary Crew: Age of the Empire

starmark2k

Without making anything plainly obvious, Ryshana had been watching Jana the entire time. Not only that, but she was also utilizing her Jedi abilities to pick up the conversations she was having with the men walking up to her. Hmm, recruiting for a trip to Alderaan. That's interesting: what does Alderaan have besides old politicians that are powerless to do anything?

Then she remembered that both Bail Antillies and the Organa family were Alderaanians, and both were sympathizers of the Jedi that were being hunted across the galaxy. This may be the only chance I get to finally stop running. Ryshana then downed the last of her drink. Lets do this.

Getting up, she walked over to Jana's table and sat down cooly. "So, I hear you're going to Alderaan."

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jana looked up. Finally an interesting possibility. So far, she'd talked to three drug runners, a young mother and her three children, a mentally unstable old man, and a drunken idiot... not to mention the Alderaan Policeman and 'Buster'.

"Got that right," Jana agreed. "I assume you're interested in being a passenger."

"No need," Jana interrupted. She told Ryshana when the ship was estimated to take off. "If you have any questions, let me know. I'm done here, but here's my comm number." She gave Ryshana her number and smiled. "Thanks for your business."

With that, she stood, glanced over at Cloud, and walked out. Three rooms filled; success.

Cloud looked at the Twi'Lek that Jana talked to. She seemed familiar in a strange sort of way. "Must be the beer." Cloud whispured to himself. He seen Jana leave and decided to follow. There was a conversation going on between a bodyguard and a slicer. Cloud eavesdropped on them and he heard the word 'Sephiroth'. That made his blood boil. He was careful not to release his anger and left the cantina and went to the Echo.

"You owe me and don't think i forgot it." Nic said as he got up and went over tho the kitchen unit, He poured himself another drink and got beryl one. Nic walked back and placed the drinks on the table.

"we're going to be heading to Alderaan, A job is waiting for us there. We'll also take passengers there, just to keep the scratch coming in... Try not to take these people for mugs, I don't want them to use all there money from gambling before they pay us this time." Nic said remembering the last time they took passengers on. Beryl desided to hold an unofficial pazzack tournamant, She pretty much bankrupted two of the passengers.

"Passengers? Fine by me" shouted Oliver, while he leaved medbay. He has taken an old farmer shirt. Lots of scrathes and the shirt is almost to short. He dosen't stand very stabile, and without doubt, he is close to be drunk.

"Nic, can you remember your proo..mise? You said, taht we were going to Dantooine soon...?".

Jack left the cantina not far after Jacen did. He headed straight to the ships common room. He was making himself a sandwich when he heard what the captain said. "Cap, since when did we become an inter-galactic buss?" He shouted out. He did particully like passengers, they were a pain up the ass; they alwase expected to be put first and wouldnt stop bothering the piolt.

Nic looked at his almost drunk medic. "Look we go where the money is and jobs are, I said if we take a job that goes near Dantooine we'll make stop over there."

Nic said returning to his drink. "Cap, since when did we become an inter-galactic buss?" Jack said from the other side of the room.

"Since we can get money from it, Look i'll make sure they stay out of the cockpit."

Suddenly Oliver runs to his room, but his run are so unstabile, that he falls, and pukes over the floor. He does seem a rather dizzy, and he can't stand up. So he decided, that he must crawl to his room.

2 or 3 times agian, there are some puke sounds form Olivers room.

”Try not to take these people for mugs, I don't want them to use all there money from gambling before they pay us this time," Nic said remembering the last time they took passengers on. Beryl decided to hold an unofficial pazaack tournamant, She pretty much bankrupted two of the passengers.

“Take them for mugs? Who me?” Beryl said, mockingly, even though she knew Nic was serious. She grinned. “All right, all right,” she said holding her hand up in surrender. “I promise. No tourneys this time.”

She started to deal out the cards. “But you’re taking all the fun out it. I agree with grumpy, here,” she said, referring to Jack. “Passengers are….”

The sounds of wretching echoed from the corridor. “See?” she said demonstratively waving her arm towards the doorway. “Even Oliver agrees with us.” She finished dealing the hand and stacked the remainder of the deck neatly on the table. “All right. Ante up.”

More wretching sounds. Beryl leaned sideways in her chair, craning her neck to better see down the corridor. She frowned slightly. “Erm, Nic? You might want to get Jana to hire a cleaning droid before we leave. Unless our passengers aren’t that picky, of course.”

Cloud got back on the ship. He seen that Beryl was playing Pazaak. "Hey Nic, what's the job? I want to make sure we can get there cause the hyperdrive is almost dead. And when are you going to buy those cooling tanks for me? Do you want the ship to blow sky-high?" Cloud asked. I was always this way with Nic and Cloud. Cloud asks for parts and Nic doesn't buy them so Cloud has to make due with what he has. At least Beryl helps him.

Beryl examined Nic carefully. His right eyebrow had twitched a few times. He must have drawn a flip card from his side deck, she thought.

Having won one set each so far, this last one could determine the winner. He had fourteen showing, with two side deck cards still in his hand. She also had fourteen showing, but only one side deck card left—a plus four. Not useful at all in this situation. She hesitated in drawing her next card. It was a six. “Yesss!" she said gleefully, throwing it down victoriously on the table. "Twenty! I stand." Flip card or no, the worst he could do to her now was force another draw. She took a long draught of her drink.

"Hey Nic, what's the job?” said Cloud, as he appeared beside them. “I want to make sure we can get there cause the hyperdrive is almost dead. And when are you going to buy those cooling tanks for me? Do you want the ship to blow sky-high?"

“Hey, Cloud," she said between sips. "As soon as I finish beating the chief here, I’ll help you with the hyperdrive. If you need it, that is.” She grinned at Nic. “I was going to start painting another Tie-fighter glyph on the side of the ‘Z’ anyway. You know, to commemorate going over fifty-five kills,” she gloated.

Nic Couldn't beat Beryl so he just threw his cards on the table. "You win psycho." He said as he turned to face cloud "We have a job on Alderaan, It's a two day flight so you need to keep the engines running til then. We also have passengers so make sure all the facilities in the G rooms are working."

Nic looked at his watch and took another sip from his drink. "Where's Jana? She should of gotten those rooms filled by now."

Beryl greedily slid the credit chips toward her. Then she paused, and pushed a few back towards Nic. “There,” she said. “That makes us even. You can put the extra towards the cooling tanks, eh?” She winked at him.

She downed the remainder of her drink in one quick gulp. “C’mon, kid,” she said to Cloud, wiping her mouth with her sleeve. “Let’s check out those guest quarters. I’d rather get them taken care of so I can be down below when our passengers board.” She rose and headed for the door.

"Do I hear gambling goin' on in this ship?" Jana demanded, stepping into the room. She shook her head slowly and gave both Beryl and Nic the 'look'. Then, she shrugged. "You're both lucky I'm in a good mood."

With that, she turned and headed out, but was soon back, looking a little sick. "Tell me you hired cleaners before we leave."

Archived