Home

Mercenary Crew: Age of the Empire

starmark2k

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beryl swallowed before answering. "Jana, if there's one thing I've learned, in this Galaxy, there are always exceptions to every rule." She flicked her eyes towards Jack. "But I agree, typically, yes, most everyone has parents." She took a sip of her drink. "Speaking of parents, have you heard from yours lately? Since my dad died, I don't get much news from home anymore."

"So Miss Uti, Care to tell us why you are going to Alderaan?"

For the first time, Ryshana's heart skipped a beat. So far, she had done quite well in maintaining her backstory, but this was a question she hadn't completely thought through. Quickly taking a bite of the food so she could think it over for a second, Ryshana paused to take in the flavor of the food.

"Mmm, now that is good," Ryshana stated after swallowing the food. "As for Alderaan, I have a couple of friends that I've been wanting to get together with for quite some time. But with the work I've been doing since the war, I just haven't been able to do it."

At the mention of the 501st, Jana grimaced. "Vader's Fist," she muttered. Then, she nodded to Ryshana. "War changes things... that's for damn sure."

She shook her head. "That's part of the reason I don't want to go home... don't much like the idea of how much it might've changed since I've been there last."

Nic Had eaten about a third of his meal listening to the various conversations around the table, He always liked it when the crew ate together. Everyone seemded to get on, even when they argued.

Jana shook her head. "That's part of the reason I don't want to go home... don't much like the idea of how much it might've changed since I've been there last."

"We're all here to get away from somewhere or someone, otherwise we wouldn't be on this ship." Nic took a sip of the Corellian ale he tried to keep a crate of in the Cargo Hold. "Everyone needs to escape once and while, this ship is just an opportunity to do so."

"I think i must come along" Oliver mumbled, why he changed clothes. He coulden't understand, why he did vormiting. "Maybe it was because of the jumba juice?" he asked himself.

Oliver changed his clothes to a nice siut, he had bought in Naboo. Maybe some spots of mud and cofee, but the spots could be covered by Olivers long hair.

He didn't say a word, when he jumped into his his chair. He looked on the new passengers, but none of them looked really interesting to him.

"Well, I do have to ask: why does everyone seem to find me interesting? I've never seen such a curious crew of mercenaries?" Ryshana asked with a smile.

"If it makes you feel better I'm not curious." Said Jack "Quite the opposite attacually." Jack quickly finished he food and left for the cockpit "We should be coming up for our first stop."

Nic watched Jack leave and walk into the cockpit. "Don't mind him he's not to good with passengers... or people in general actually. Anyway We're not your average Mercs and Is it so strange for a captain to want to know who's on his ship?"

"Really, now that's a rather sarcastic way to see things. If you want my opinion, I'd say that Palpatine has brought about the darkest time in the history of the Galaxy. Sure its 'security for all', but at the price of all but the most personal freedoms. It is tyranny at its darkest and most pinnacle point," Ryshana replied.

While Nic and the passenger has the Palpatine debate, Oliver did suddenly wake up for his hangover.

"Well, the Empire and the Rebel Alliance is doing wrong things. It's not very democratic, that the Rebel's is fighting the Empire with many civilan costs. I would wish, that the civilian actually could say their opinion, without all the propaganda from both sides".

Beryl had been trying to concentrate on eating, instead of entangling herself into a potentially contentious political debate. Sure she knew about the 501st. Did a nerf have antlers? She knew about them. And Vader. And Palpatine. And she hated them. Hated all of those who willingly served the Empire. Well, all of them except one.

Two of her brothers, Rayne and Nuss, had gone to fight with the Republic and their 'wonderful' clone armies during the Clone Wars. When Palpatine had declared himself Emperor, Rayne had returned to Corellia. Her brother Nuss, however, had not. She had said as much to Nic once, but hadn't bothered to correct his assumption that her brother had died. Nuss hadn't died. As far as Beryl knew, he still lived. And still served the Empire. Somewhere.

It was a secret that she had no wish to mistakenly divulge to anyone. Especially to an Alderaanian policeman or a T’wilek that seemed to have Rebellion sympathies. It was time to change the subject. And Cloud had just given her the opportunity.

"Ah, speaking of droids...," she said to Cloud, as she too rose from the table. "You don't happen to have a gasket for a D-size transversal ring floating about in that scrap heap of a room, do you? My flight sim's busted again. And since Nic is obviously not ready to lose again at cards..." She gave Nic a challenging grin. "...I figured I might need something else to occupy my time."

"Well, the Empire and the Rebel Alliance is doing wrong things. It's not very democratic, that the Rebel's is fighting the Empire with many civilan costs. I would wish, that the civilian actually could say their opinion, without all the propaganda from both sides".

Jana glanced over at Oliver as he spoke and then shook her head. "You can't expect democracy from a dictator," she sighed. "But really, this discussion is getting entirely too political for me! Can't we think of something better to talk about?"

Ryshana laughed lightly to herself, partly in relief that she wouldn't have to betray any of her true feelings that might give her away and also partly because she found all this uneasiness a bit humorous. "So, Jana, I take it you're a gunner of sorts on this ship. What kind of systems are you using for it??"

"First mate and primary gunner," Jana agreed. She then went into great detail concerning the turrets, the targeting computers, and anything else that had anything to do with the ship's guns.

((Which I didn't explain since I'm not entirely sure :D ))

"Ah, speaking of droids...," she said to Cloud, as she too rose from the table. "You don't happen to have a gasket for a D-size transversal ring floating about in that scrap heap of a room, do you? My flight sim's busted again. And since Nic is obviously not ready to lose again at cards..." She gave Nic a challenging grin. "...I figured I might need something else to occupy my time."

"Yeah, I do." Cloud told Beryl. "I'll go get it." Cloud then left for his room.

Cloud was looking in his room for the D-sized transversal ring when he seen that his computer was still on. "Oops." thought Cloud. He looked into the screen and it shown a link to the Galactic Databank. That shows every citazen in the Galaxy. thought Cloud. Cloud, agenst all of his principals, opened it and searChed for 'Ryshana Uti'. There was no file. There was one similar to it, but Cloud's Jawa Beer effect wore off and he closed the link. Strange, how can someone exist without their file in the Galactic Database?

Cloud returned to the table, carrying the part Beryl wanted. "Here you go, Beryl." Cloud said handing the part to her. "Nic, I need to speak to you and our passenger, Ms. Uti, alone for a minute."

((ExtreamJedi12, do you have a problem with characters that have secrets? Is that why you feel you have to expose them? Did you get a PM from Starmark? If not, let me know and I'll forward it to you... we've been planning how Ryshana's identity is exposed... and your post is a bit off track...

Starmark: I suggest that, from now on, we use the Discussion Thread to talk about stuff like this too... I wonder if the PM really got to all of us :) ))

((ExtreamJedi12, do you have a problem with characters that have secrets? Is that why you feel you have to expose them? Did you get a PM from Starmark? If not, let me know and I'll forward it to you... we've been planning how Ryshana's identity is exposed... and your post is a bit off track...

Starmark: I suggest that, from now on, we use the Discussion Thread to talk about stuff like this too... I wonder if the PM really got to all of us :) ))

(OOC: 1. No, I don't. 2. I didn't get a PM from Starmark.)

Archived