Home

Are Arren Kae and Kreia the same person?

RobQel-Droma

This was also an argument over at Obsidian. But the counter claim is that... do you know for a fact that she isn't only 15? No. But what we do know is that she is youngest of her sisters. And how many are there of them? Also, Natalie Portman was supposed to be a 15 year-old Queen of Naboo while she was 19(?). And Leia was originally supposed to be 16 years old in ANH. Though this changed with Episode III, which made the character older.

It is not far-fetched at all to consider Brianna as 15. It doesn't change anything in my opinion.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How could Arren possibly have been one of Revan's masters if she was only the rank of Jedi Knight?

The term 'knight' is a broadly used term for the Jedi. You have the official title, Jedi Knight, meaning a padawan who has passed the trials successfully. Then you have 'Jedi Knights', meaning all of the Jedi Order. Believe it not, Jedi Masters or considered Jedi Knights, but they have achieved a higher position. But to not carry on about this, I'll just quote Kreia;

Kreia: Her mother was a Jedi Knight, a Master, named Arren Kae.

and Mical;

Mical: Zhar, Dorak, Master Kae before Kae left for the Wars.

She was a Jedi Master.

I just want to put in my two cents about Handmaidens mum. Brianna says that her father left to join the Mandalorian Wars to be with Arren Kae, they did not meet during the war. She also remarks in the difference that was in him when he returned which means Handmaiden had to have been old enough to remember her father leaving. My guess would be that she was about 10. Add ten more years to that and you have the events of K2. Handmaiden is about 20.

Handmaiden also mentions that she never saw her mother, that Yusanis kept her and raised her with her sisters.

How could Arren possibly have been one of Revan's masters if she was only the rank of Jedi Knight?

When Kreia was in the Jedi Order, she was at the rank of Jedi Master. At this same time, Arren Kae was in the Jedi Order, and she had only achieved the rank of Jedi Knight.

Wasn't Obiwan just a Jedi Knight when he was Anakin's Master?

That may be something, I don't know. As Atton says, Kreia has wrinkles from "hard living", so we don't really know what she once looked like. If it was similar to the Brianna's face, that might be even more evidence. Of course, even though everyone said Brianna was different than the other Handmaiden's, I for some reason couldn't tell. :dozey:

As Atton says, Kreia has wrinkles from "hard living", so we don't really know what she once looked like. If it was similar to the Brianna's face, that might be even more evidence.

I think you're just looking for an added twist to the story that just isn't there.

I know that whereas before this thread I didn't think there was any important connection between Kreia and the Handmaiden's mother but now I think there is definitely something going on there. I've added the Arren Kae/Kreia question to my list of things I hope will be addressed in the next KotOR game.

Well, there are a LOT of coincidences pointing to them being the same person, but I just cannot imagine such a thing. And just because Arren "died" on Malachor V doesn't necessarily mean physically. Obi Wan told Luke Vader killed his father in the sense the the light within Anakin had died and he became Darth Vader, not one killing the other in the sense of two people.

Its plausible, but I really don't want to think its possible :eekanime:

Umm... The evidence that I posted in my first post. Did you read any of that?

I sure did.

There is some debate whether Kae is Kreia. They do indeed have something in common—they were both female Jedi Masters

That isn't evidence.

both taught Revan

Revan15.jpg

It says here that Revan had many masters.

And it never says that Kae taught Revan.

Revan17.jpg

It says here that Revan welcomed Kae in his effort against the Mandalorians after she was exiled. Nothing about being Revan's teacher.

and Atris' exclamation "Kreia? That is not her name".

Yeah, it's Darth Traya.

You are right, Hai Wan. But I'll quote Mical again, just for emphasis...

Mical: Revan had many Masters. Zhar, Dorak, Master Kae before Kae left for the Wars.

So yes. Once again it is settled that Jedi Master Arren Kae did train Jedi Padawan Revan.

Phew! How many times does one thing have to be said before it is no longer disputted? :rolleyes:

You are right, Hai Wan. But I'll quote Mical again, just for emphasis...

Mical: Revan had many Masters. Zhar, Dorak, Master Kae before Kae left for the Wars.

So yes. Once again it is settled that Jedi Master Arren Kae did train Jedi Padawan Revan.

Phew! How many times does one thing have to be said before it is no longer disputted? :rolleyes:

Heh. Many time. And for those who still don't believe it....

disciple014am.th.jpg disciple020ht.th.jpg

But I still don't think Kreia and Kae are the same person. Kreia seems to have been Revan's first teacher and Kae was not her first.

kreia271kr.th.jpg kreia280fo.th.jpg kreia297le.th.jpg kreia317ts.th.jpg kreia321ue.th.jpg kreia338gx.th.jpg

The looks of the 2 is a mute point at this stage, considering we know from Kotor1 that the force can manifest itself visibly, like making the exile glow, or disfigurements, as said by Yuthura.

Consider this.

IF and i stress IF they are one and the same, Kreia's students all fell at some point or other. Kae fell in love with Yusanis and the 2 had Brianna. Atris then kept Brianna around, "Possibly" knowing who she was, Brianna had to find out from somewhere, considering Atris isnt exactly a prodigal Jedi, she may have intended Brianna for her apprentice, the force runs strong in children of jedi, if Kae is Kreia then Brianna may have been more receptive towards the dark side. Atris seemed to care more for Brianna than the rest of the handmaidens, as we know what happens when it all kicks of.

Kreia is blind, she never said how she became blind, aside from "atrophied from use or age" and i think we can all take what Kreia says with a pinch of salt.

If she sustained the injury from Malachor, survived the mas sshadow generator and found Trayus, it would explain how she fell, where she got the name Traya and where she was hanging out for 10 - 15 years.

The she suffers her own exile, suffers disfigurement from said exile and takes the shrouded jedi look.

Goes in seach of Yusanis for memorable memories, or protection.

Discovers he is dead, Revan is also missing so she has nothing to direct her anger except towards the ones who cast her down.

She objects to Brianna's presence on the Hawk, scared of confessing all, scared of feelings being revealed or simply scared of hurting her.

And we know Kreia changes her name to Traya, so why shouldnt she change kae to Kreia?

Kae was the jedi persona, Kreia, the grey persona and Traya the Darth.

Its all plausible and yet so far fetched at the same time, dont suppose anyone has there hands on the cut content incase theres some backstory at the ending conversation. Or what Atris spills once she is at your knees.

Archived