Home

[TSL] mjpb3's BloodRayne PC

mjpb3

This skin replaces the RGB Redhead I was using for development of TSL Enhanced so I have a new looking PC to play with :-)

Edit: It would be cool if she had a DS Transition.

I worked too long on her to make her look zombified, hence no true darkside transitions, except for eyes and lipstick color.

(Besides, I hardly ever play darkside, so when I do play a ds game, the transitions are quite shocking shock1 )

You are more than welcome to make your own for your game :D

Thanks to oldflash, this is now available on PCGM.

oldflash used his account to upload BloodRayne to PCGM, so check the

first message in this thread for the link :)

My everlasting thanks to Chainz for hosting this for me in the meanwhile. :)

(Just remember that oldflash uploaded this for me, so if you click the

author link on PCGM, it will go to oldflash's mods, not mine :))

Anyway, thanks to all of you who have helped me with this mod.

You ALL rock in my book :)

:band1

My pleasure mjpb3, but since hosting your mod isn't draining my resources (and you've received well over 50+ downloads so far).. I can leave it on my site so that you have a "backup" in case PCGM goes down (rare, but it happens sometimes)..

If you want me to perma-delete it off of my site, just say the word.. but you're more than welcome to leave it on my space as well :)

Ok, got it fixed.

I know I have written this MANY times (:)), but I really mean it!

Thank you so much Chainz... oldflash... Darth 333, everyone

who has helped me out with this mod.

I sincerely appreciate it.

You guys (and gals :)) are awesome!

• 3 weeks later...

This is a great idea.

I just started Kotor modding after I recently got the game for my mac (right after Bloodrayne!). Unfortunately Sith Lords isn't availble to me (well I have it on Xbox) so I grabbed your mod and a twinsun player pc mod from PCGM and botched them to work in Kotor 1 (following your great 2da examples). I just had to point the texture to fit on the twilek_f model from K1. Then I started fooling around with the textures to try that for myself too.

I'm not keen to steal any thunder though so I'll just post some preview pics of my version rather than release them as a mod.

*snip* Images removed at mod makers request. -RH

*snip*

I'm not keen to steal any thunder though so I'll just post some preview pics of my version rather than release them as a mod.

Ok, I don't want to sound mean or anything, but I have no plans to give permission to anyone to make a mod out of this one.

Also, I'd prefer you wouldn't post those pics. If I wanted this mod to be for K1 I would make it for K1, since it is my mod.

I worked VERY hard on this mod. It is one of the best reskins I have ever accomplished and I am very proud of her, so I don't much like seeing Rayne's body with a Twi'lek head. (Even if you did change a few things on the textures, it is clearly still made from my mod.)

I am asking nicely, please remove the pics. Done! :D -RH

I don't mind if you make changes to my mod in your game, but don't show the changes off in my thread, okay?

I have no control over what you do with my mod once it is on your computer, but please keep it on your computer.

(And one other thing, if that is a Twin Sun head you're posting a pic of, I think you might get in trouble for posting that pic, since that is clearly a K1 screen. Just so you know, porting items and such between games is firmly frowned upon here at Lucas Forums.)

Ok, I don't want to sound mean or anything, but I have no plans to give permission to anyone to make a mod out of this one.

Also, I'd prefer you wouldn't post those pics. If I wanted this mod to be for K1 I would make it for K1, since it is my mod.

I apologise if my meaning was not clear, I did not intend to make a player as rayne mod for Kotor, nor upset you at all.

I just peeked through your 2da files and had a look at your body texture. When I noticed that it was a repainted twin sun texture (which I had from the twin sun player mod) I just tried my hand at it too, I only wanted to 'do what you did'. No offence intended.

I worked VERY hard on this mod. It is one of the best reskins I have ever accomplished and I am very proud of her, so I don't much like seeing Rayne's body with a Twi'lek head. (Even if you did change a few things on the textures, it is clearly still made from my mod.)

Having copies of the obsidian original twin sun sister textures, I recoloured and edited those, trying to match what you changed just as a learning curve (which is why i posted the close up pic of the skin file to show I didn't just tweak your texture). I was just trying to learn by your example.

I don't mind if you make changes to my mod in your game, but don't show the changes off in my thread, okay?

I have no control over what you do with my mod once it is on your computer, but please keep it on your computer.

(And one other thing, if that is a Twin Sun head you're posting a pic of, I think you might get in trouble for posting that pic, since that is clearly a K1 screen. Just so you know, porting items and such between games is firmly frowned upon here at Lucas Forums.)

Again, I can't use your mod (in its present form). I don't have a mod friendly version of TSL. I just noticed the twilek female model from Kotor 1 is practically identical to the twilek female in Kotor 2, so I started playing around with textures that where freely available at PCGM (which is why the pics where of a twilek female wearing my attempt at a bloodrayne skin). I haven't made a rayne head texture or used your models or anything else.

I love your mod, but at the moment only for what I can learn from it (as I can't use it). I apologise for trying to show and share a little of my enthusiasm. I love Bloodrayne and was inspired by your mod to try my hand at it also. I will happily make the .psd file for the texture available if you wish for further proof.

Regards,

CIM.

*Snip*

I just peeked through your 2da files and had a look at your body texture. When I noticed that it was a repainted twin sun texture (which I had from the twin sun player mod) I just tried my hand at it too, I only wanted to 'do what you did'. No offence intended. Having copies of the obsidian original twin sun sister textures, I recoloured and edited those, trying to match what you changed just as a learning curve (which is why i posted the close up pic of the skin file to show I didn't just tweak your texture).

*Snip*

I just noticed the twilek female model from Kotor 1 is practically identical to the twilek female in Kotor 2, so I started playing around with textures that where freely available at PCGM (which is why the pics where of a twilek female wearing my attempt at a bloodrayne skin). I haven't made a rayne head texture or used your models or anything else.

If things are as you say they are Then I would recomend starting your own thread and explaining that you got your inspiration from this mod. A simple WIP thread at Holowan Labs untill you decide to release it. However I would make certain to include a disclaimer to avoid badblood. Also by starting your own thread it won't seem like hijacking somebody elses thread.

*snip*

I love your mod, but at the moment only for what I can learn from it (as I can't use it). I apologise for trying to show and share a little of my enthusiasm. I love Bloodrayne and was inspired by your mod to try my hand at it also. I will happily make the .psd file for the texture available if you wish for further proof.

Regards,

CIM.

I am sorry I came across as harsh in my above post, CIM, but it really threw me for a loop when I was browsing through the posts last night a saw *gasp* someone had changed my Rayne texture!

Now, I understand what you were doing, and I totally apologize for seeming rude. But as I wrote, it did throw me for a loop when I saw you changed my textures. I admit, I got a tad bit proprietary when I saw those.

I am happy you like the mod. Very happy. And your texture was very good! BUT, it did make me mad, and for that I apologize.

I can totally relate to being enthusiastic about something you've made that really looks good and wanting to show it off. But one suggestion... PM someone before showing it off in their mod thread next time, and ask permission first. That way nothing like this happens again. :)

Now, with all that said, I am glad that my 2da files helped you. I try to make those as un-confusing as I can. TSL's appearance.2da, heads.2da, and portraits.2da file are quite confusing to me, because they are sooo jumbled with entries from K1 that sometimes I confuse myself when I edit them. I am glad you were able to start learning from mine :)

• 11 months later...

Archived