Home

EaW.net can whats missing?

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Firstly I would like to thank each and every one of you for your support here. Its been fantastic. Also, I would like to thank our team of Moderators and reporters out there keeping the site ticking away.

With our new look launched site, I was left wondering (apart from the galactic map page!) if anything was missing - if any of you guys have ideas on where the site can go and areas that need improving. All comments are welcome, but please be constructive.

DMUK

I believe that little Icons next to the links in the left hand main menu might make it a bit more visually appealing. Also i find the overall design lacks... well, something. It just doesn't look all that professional compared to sites like, say, inwarcraft.de. Maybe some screenshots of other media to go along with your news would be a first step.

Most importantly I think there should be more user created content - you could make a section for users to submit their articles and/or columns concerning strategys, overall game thoughts etc etc. I know that a forum can cover this, too. Still it gives value to a site and helps developing some user-association with the site. Also there ARE more possibilities in such an approach. As soon as available you should get a replay section and maybe start doing high-profile tournaments. Going in-depth about a "mod of the month" or something along that lines would be nice. How about blog-like warstorys of imperial campaign games or even skirmishes?

Hm I feel I'm getting off track a bit, but there IMHO should and could be added a lot of attractivity to the site by highliting the community and adding unique features. Right now I don't see much that an owner of the game couldn't get in the forums.

I hope you take this as it's intended - incounstructive flaming!... oh wait. counstructive critique.

Just a small look-and-feel suggestion. The links on the left and top should change when the cursor is over them.

Also, I was expecting to see a "links" page, with a really comprehensive list of links to EaW, LA, and Petro sites.

On content, The news bulletins you post need to have links to the information. For example the one titled "EaW Review in PC Gamer UK!" needs a link to the review. Also, in the one titled "Lucasfiles enters the RSS world!" the link to Lucasfiles should point to lucasfiles, rather than the gamespot home page. lol

And last but not least, a link to download 1.03 patch would be great... haha

Edit: After further browsing, I see that you do have a community links page, but it's kinda burried deeper than I expected.

Just an aesthetic thing--the sidebar on the left is way too wide. This is due to the little Rebel/Imperial icon banners. They take up about a third of the whole width of the site, when the text links are much narrower. You should shrink the white bars on those banners to clean up the wasted space.

On content, The news bulletins you post need to have links to the information. For example the one titled "EaW Review in PC Gamer UK!" needs a link to the review.

Well, since PC Gamer UK is a magazin, I doubt very much they put it on the net for all to see for free.

I can give you the link to their forums though. :D

Perhaps I should have been more clear on that point, I'll admit that.

Well, since PC Gamer UK is a magazin, I doubt very much they put it on the net for all to see for free.

Now THAT's funny. My mistake, so the joke's on me. However, a hyperlink that makes hard-copy text appear in your hand would be ever-so-usefull. (links the treasury department anyone?)

The page is good but very...Dark. Dark is good but htere is no color that says, "This is a cool game with LOTS of action and we have EVERYTHING on it!" Also, maybe a thing that's on the side that lists the top ten mods released. And a page listing ALL of them.

WHOOPS! Sorry, didn't see the...wait..never mind. Not a Lucasfiles bar but a bar with ANY.

Also, a RSS feed for EAW.net in particular.

Archived