Home

MC: AOTE: Rhea

steven

Beryl and Cloud approached Ryshana and Jana at the airlock with the stash bio-masks, Oliver appeared, carrying a med bag and a small blaster. It was good that he was coming along, Beryl thought. Medical knowledge would be very helpful where they were going. Beryl eyed him over, then two women. Then she looked at Cloud.

He had his modified bayonetted blaster and a sword. Jana had a blaster and a knife. Ryshana had her lightsaber. And Beryl would bet money that Oliver had a knife or some other sharp implement in his med bag.

Beryl looked down at her blasters. "Gosh," she said to them. "I feel a bit 'under-dressed.' Looks like I'm the only one here without a cutting, slicing, or stabbing implement. Then again, I've never really had much use for them. Well," she admitted, "except in the galley, of course."

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beryl considered Jana's suggestion, then slowly said, "Hmm.... nah." She grinned. "I'll stick with my blasters." She tapped her armour. "And this."

She looked around. There was no sign or word from Jack or Nic yet. "So, did Jack say when he was docking with this other ship?" she asked. "You don't think he's having trouble, do you?"

Nic went back into his room after sending the message across the ship. After putting his shirt on the right way he threw on his jacket with the special metal shielding inlay. He walked over to his side table and took the knife off of it and placed it in the small pouch hiddden within his boot. He took the blaster pistol and slipped it in the side holster before taking betsy and slinging the gun other his shoulder.

He ran down the ladder and to the Air Lock. "Good everyone's here. As soon as Jack's attached the ships we we'll go to the bridgeand access the databace."

There was a loud thud sound followed by Jack shouting "Hey guys, we've docked with the Rhea. I'm guessing that the radiation as long as we stay at the current level we'll be on and above." Jack then pulled out a holdout blaster from his belt holster and met up with the rest of the crew. Looking at all their armor and weapons...espically Clouds weapon "Don't you think that's a little bit big for this. What are you expecting? Several squadrons of storm troopers? The life support system doesn't have enough energy to substain much people for more than a day or two.." Jack informed.

Edit::: Here's a picture of the Rhea

http://www.imperialassault.com/rote/files/PR/venator_news.jpg

((I'm taking over Nic for a much desired facial expression... hope you don't mind Starmark :p ))

"Well," Jana said slowly, "from experience, Nic and I can say it's never bad to be too careful... I can't count the times we planned for one thing and something completely different popped up."

Nic looked ready to object and Jana caught the look.

"Need I remind you?" she asked and began counting off her fingers as she listed, "Shot Nic in the leg, picked the wrong door and barely escaped a Rancor, Nic wearing a dancing girl outfit, cutting off a Hutt's hand, the kissing, climbing a temple on Yavin IV..."

((I think Nic would want to interrupt here, so I've left him that option... :) ))

"Hey, You didn't have to shoot me in the leg... and it ain't my fault the other things happened." Nic said walking over to the air-lock controls and hitting the door release button. "Except the kiss. that was a little my fault."

The door opened and nic took betsy and pointed it forward. "Jack take point, you know where we're going. Jana cover the rear although it's suppose to be empty i don't want to be surprised, Saying that everyone keep your eye's open."

Hearing Nic tell Jack to take point, Beryl shook her head with disappointment and uttered a soft, "Damn." She gave Cloud a disparaging look, then reached in her pocket and pulled out a ten-credit coin which she tossed to him.

"So, Jack, lead the way to the command bridge," she said. "That's the starboard tower, right?"

Jana raised an eyebrow as she observed the exchange of coin from Beryl to Cloud. As they moved forward, she caught Beryl's shoulder and pulled her back.

"What was that?" she demanded in a low voice. Beryl shrugged, trying to act innocent.

"What was what?" she asked. Jana mimicked the toss of the coin.

"That."

Beryl giggled. "Oh, it was nothing..."

Jana shook her head and gave Beryl her trademark look and Beryl groaned.

"Aww... no!" she whined. "Not the look! We're about board a dangerous, radiation-filled bio-hazard ship and you give me 'the look'?"

"Only given to those what deserve it," Jana answered, grinning slightly. "Now move along."

"Okay, first we go that way..." He said pointing "Wait, no... that leads to the infirmary. That way," Jack said as he turned right and walked down a corridor. As the crew walked the ship started to give off creaking sounds. Jack ignored the sounds and asked "So what do you guys reckon that's Imperial captain wants with this ship?"

Ryshana wasn't at all concerned with this ship, and it wasn't just the fact that she didn't feel much of the Darkside eminating from the ship. Although Ryshana had never served on the Rhea during the Clone Wars, she had been on several Venator-class Star Destroyers before, and she knew their layout fairly well.

"So what do you guys reckon that's Imperial captain wants with this ship?" Jack asked.

"I'm not quite sure. These ships weren't very remarkable; well, at least by today's standards. These ships are better armed than the Victory-class, but the power systems aren't very up to date. Back in the Clone Wars, these ships could hold their own against the most powerful of the Banking Clan Cruisers. Even today, the Empire hasn't done much to phase these ships out of service just yet, at least until they finish bringing the Imperial-class Star Destroyers into service, anyways," Ryshana responded.

Behind his back, Beryl stuck her tongue out at Nic in retort to his betting quip. She lagged behind with Jana, pausing every once in a while to look over her shoulder as the ship made creaking sounds.

As she passed one of the logos for Kuat Drive Yards, the ship’s builders, she snorted with Corellian pride. Kuat was the Correllian Engineering Corporation’s prime competition, and even though she had worked for Incom, her father had worked for the CEC nearly all his life. In her mind, nothing from KDY could ever compete with the CEC or Incom.

Then an idea struck her. “Say, Ryshana,” she said, still keeping a wary eye out around her. “These ships have a really large cargo capacity, right? And they can land on the surface. And they have heavy shielding. Maybe there was something on board that was difficult to contain in a traditional transport. Or,” she added, “too large.”

"It is possible. There are a number of very experimental weapons that the Republic used throughout the war. To my knowledge, there are also a couple of experimental weapons the Republic developed under the nose of the Senate that anybody would classify as cruel or inhumane.

I doubt that those would be on this ship, though. The Jedi found out about those programs and shut them down. Reports were supposedly filed with the Senate, but there was never a single hearing on the matter. That was more than likely Palpatine's doing, but nobody suspected that then."

Beryl gave Ryshana a dubious look. "Are you sure the Jedi shut all of them down?" she asked. "Not to play the Emperor's advocate here, but it seems to me there were quite a few things that Palpatine did that the Jedi...well, missed."

She bit her lip, suddenly wishing she hadn't said that.

"But you're probably right," she said hurriedly to Ryshana. She heard another strange creak and snapped her head in that direction. But all she saw was an empty corridor.

"Erm... does anyone else feel like they're being watched, or is it just me and my nerves from getting Jana's 'look' earlier?"

Niclaughed and looked back at Beryl. "We're on a Ghost ship in the middle of nowhere, which is letting off weird radiation signals. You're just a little jumpy, I don't blame ya... but i'm sure Jana's look has contributed to your feeling." Nic said not so seriously as he continued following Jack.

Beryl's jaw set at Nic's flippant remark. "Yeah, well...," she stammered, "that 'look' of Jana's can be lethal. Especially when she makes you feel all 'guilty' for something." She looked at Jana askance. "Not that I did anything to feel 'guilty' about," she added. "Gambing's perfectly legal." She paused. "In most places."

The ship creaked strangely again. Beryl looked up and around her. "Cripe, I hate these KDY ships. A CEC ship wouldn't creak like that. Ever." She looked ahead to where Jack was. "Hey Jack, are we there yet?"

"Wouldn't make a different if it was KDY or CEC. That creaking is the sound of something reacting with the radiation... I think." Jack then came back to a large door "Damn, looks locked... anyone have any explosives on them? Or maybe a plasma torch so I can make one?"

Jana rolled her eyes. "No, they're intended to cut things a little softer. More... fleshy, really." She grinned slightly and then shrugged. "You want a weapon that's gonna cut through this, it's either a blow torch or a..." She looked over at Ryshana. "A lightsaber... what do ya say, Ry? Willing to cut us a path?"

"I think that I can manage," Ryshana replied to Jana as she removed her lightsaber from her leg brace. Studying the door for a moment, Ryshana activated the lightsaber and made a quick, vertical cut through the exact center of the door.

Deactivating the lightsaber and placing it on her belt, Ryshana then used the Force to push the two parts of the door apart. With a bit of creaking, the two door halves easily moved aside.

Noticing a "wasn't that a bit too simple" looks from Jack, Ryshana then said, "Hey, it wasn't a blast door, and it wasn't a security door. With the locking mechanism at the joint of the door rather than at the motors, it makes it easy to just cut the doors apart and push them open. It's an old trick I learned a long time ago."

"Well Beryl, we enter the turbolift and go up." Said Jack, walking in and waited for everyone else. As soon as everybody got in, Jack pressed the 'up' butten and the turbolift door's slid shut. After several seconds the turbolift's opened and Jack walked foward into another empty room "This is a locker room, the Bridge is the next door along, this door's locked too...Ryshana if you would be so kind."

Archived