Home

Is there anyone who thinks some of the battles are wrong

Daniel333

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

true true,

although this wasn't really a battle i thought it should be mensioned:

the death of Boba Fett i mean in the prequel trilogy we see Jango as this feared and respected bounty hunter that survives endless battles (apart from geonosis of course) and it takes an extremely powerful jedi to kill him. Then we get to ROTJ and,if my memory serves me correctly han solo turns round with a weequay staff and somehow ingnites Boba's jetpack flying him into the sail barge and then down into the sarlacc pit it just seemed to me like a kinda lame way to go for a second generation legendry bounty hunter who is known all over the galaxy

Well, it is made up as Lucas goes along. Anyway, he isn't some Godlike being who I feel obliged to give "oral services" to. I look at the art and creativity of the people that worked for him, and I see some really exciting and brilliant ideas, even the ones that never made it onto screen.

As for these forums, http://www.lfnetwork.com/about.php pretty much disclaims "the ol' mighty" from getting involved.

I had a hard time with Obi-Wan jumping into the middle of hundreds of droids. Jedi or not, you can't block 500 blasters firing at you at once.

I may be mistaken beacause i haven't seen the movie in such a while but Obi-wan never fought all those droids. They surronded him but grevious tod them not to fire and Kenobi was his kill. After the grevious/obi-wan chase kenobi killed grevious without heavy fire from those droids. (again i haven't seen the movie in such a long time so if i am wrong have pity on me :rolleyes: )

Even with the force you'd never be able to block so much fire power if that was the case then a hell of alot more jedi wouldve survived the battle in the geonosis arena

Yes, true. Though, my comment was sorta ment to be sarcastic.

Also, Grievous refrained the droids from firing at Obi b/c he wanted to kill him himself.

Cause Anakin was becoming stronger

Was he really strong as yoda. Yoda was a master for 900 years and Anakin wasn't. Anakin was just a jedi for about 10 or more years plus Anakin had 20000 midichlorians and he didn't have soooo much experience as Yoda.

Dooku was cocky

Being cocky does have a point but Jedi and Sith has always trained to stay focus and disciplined and cocky doesn't have to get in the way.

Plus Sidious gained so much power when almost all the Jedi were eliminated.
Didn't quite get the point why it had some connection to Dooku and Anakin's duel.

Was he really strong as yoda. Yoda was a master for 900 years and Anakin wasn't. Anakin was just a jedi for about 10 or more years plus Anakin had 20000 midichlorians and he didn't have soooo much experience as Yoda.

Like I said, he was becoming stronger. Still, things don't happen how they should.

Anyway, Dooku was going to lose to Yoda if he didn't distract him, so he could escape.

true true,

although this wasn't really a battle i thought it should be mensioned:

the death of Boba Fett i mean in the prequel trilogy we see Jango as this feared and respected bounty hunter that survives endless battles (apart from geonosis of course) and it takes an extremely powerful jedi to kill him. Then we get to ROTJ and,if my memory serves me correctly han solo turns round with a weequay staff and somehow ingnites Boba's jetpack flying him into the sail barge and then down into the sarlacc pit it just seemed to me like a kinda lame way to go for a second generation legendry bounty hunter who is known all over the galaxy

GL killed Boba Fett off like that before he knew Fett became such a popular character. I think he thought Fett was just another henchman.

• 4 months later...
Grievous vs. Obi-Wan.

In the books we were led to think that Grievous was this monster war machine. The most feared general by jedi! Then Obi-Wan comes to Utapau, gets in a duel, and cuts off 2 of his hands, like they were nothing! Then the worst part is he died by a blaster. I mean, come on! A blaster? Laaaaaaaaaaaaame!

I must admit I too was surprised by the General's obvious lack of fighting skills in Episode 3. In the Clone Wars mini-series Grievous obliterated 5 Jedi on Hypori without hesitation or fear of being killed. The version of Grievous seen in the movie is totally different than the version in the books and Clone Wars series.

In the Books and Clone Wars series-

A powerful, skilled and obviously fearless warrior without any consideration for his own safety. He was agile in combat and used unorthodox athletic manuevers to defeat his enemies. He also respected the Jedi as warriors and prefered to get his hands dirty in a fight,

"Know that I, General Grievous, am not completly without mercy. I will grant you all a warriors' death. Prepare!" - This quote sums up the character in the Clone Wars series.

In Star Wars Episode 3-

A slimy, cowardly and unscrupulus braggart who relied on Guile and cunning to defeat his enemies and held his own safety as top priority (droid bodyguards constantly at his side). He only faught if he had unfair advantages (four lightsabers) and as soon as any battle started to turn against him he fled like a whipped dog. In hand to hand combat he could have easily crushed Obi-Wan's skull numerous times but instead toyed with him and did not respect him as a threat. When threatened he resorted to petty name-calling. "...Jedi Scum!"

I myself am a Grievous fan, but only of the version seen in the Clone Wars series and books.

Well, first of all, they are cartoons after all. Rember the episode where Mace Windu dispaches of thousands of battle droids single handedly ;)

Not to mention Grievous was wounded by Mace Windu when his rib cage was crushed. Now that has got to affect his performance for the worst.

In "Labyrinth of Evil" Mace Windu and General Grievous engage in a lightsaber duel aboard a hover train on Coruscant. At the end of the duel Grievous attacks with his lightsabers swinging toward Windu's neck when Windu abruptly ends the duel with a force push, blowing Grievous off the train. In "Labyrinth of Evil" Windu never crushes Grievous's chest.

It depends on whether you believe the Books or the Cartoon.

Well, you we refering to the cartoons, so I gave you an answer accordingly. Quite frankly, I couldn't care less about EU so I didn't read Labyrinth of Evil. I just though the cartoons were cool, but I always viewed them as just that, cartoons. Everything is a cartoon is exaggerated, ans Clone Wars is no exception.

Many characters in the series do incredible stuff, like defeating many foes, surviving high falls, jumping incredible distances, etc. But when you translate that into a movie, you obviously have to tone it down a little. That's most likely what happened with Grievous' abilities.

Archived