Home

DS/LS alignment.

helljumper51

i think that force alignment should be more advanced than just turning ur skin grey. i think in kotor 3, if u start to go to the darkside, then there will be less and less ways to get get ls points. but becuase the darkside is always calling u, there are more and more when u go to the higher LS, becuase of the incresing temptation. but also, ur friends can't turn u back to the LS becuase they follow ur alignment. and thier DS thouhts will increase till they r dominated in the head by evil thoughts!Muah Ha Ha Ha Ha. Muah Ha Hee Hee.

I did like the idea of your face changing as you fall to the dark side. It was a kind of nice touch.

But i do believe that it i too easy to switch from one side to the next.

I mean you brutally kill a peron to get some DS points, then you suddenly do a good deed and poof that evil act i suddenly gone.

Imo if u do something evil... instead of people asking you for help, as they would LS. They would fear you and beg for mercy, or favours. Hell the missions could be even more blood thirsty. And to regain LS points will require considerable skill in Charisma and Persuation, to choose the LSed option in that convo.

I geuss that it was ok to see some indication of falling to the dark side (but that wasn't exactly any different from KOTOR 1)...but I almost felt that there was no point to it...other than your companions, nobody noticed - and when your companions noticed, it was like, "Hey guy/gal, you're falling to the dark side big time try to be a good person". I was always frustrated by this aspect of the game - if start to influence you to be a bad @**, be a bad @** don't come back with this wimpy turn back to light crap. That's why I hope that the influence system isnit used the same way again...Things that I would like to see happen concerning alignment include:

1. More influence over which characters would join you group - if you're LS no DS NPC's (unless it's plot driven) and vice verse.

2. If your alignment changes, NPC's leave if they are opposite aligned.

3. I would like to see the nature of the force power levels up change - I think that they should create a larger pool of universal powers that you choose from, and then award LS/DS force powers based on level, usage of powers, etc. (eg 10th level sith recieves force lightning > if used 50+ times @ level 15 granted force storm w/o losing force lightning...

4. Dialogue options that are more diverse for darkside...I loved the option on Nar Shaadaa when you can tell the thugs to give credits and jump in pit - just not enough of this type of thinking

5. Also more freedom in gameplay - I mean if I am playing a dark jedi and someone steps on my shoes, I want the option to be able to out my lightsaber and decapitate that poor fellow.

6. Two completely different game paths for LS/DS - does it really make sense that LS/DS would not only travel on the same road, but make all the same pit stops? I think not.

What I'd like to see is that your character's appearance changes if you follow the light side as well as the dark side. Where if you went evil, you look more and more evil, if you went good, you look more and more good. Plus, your alignment should be affected by force power usage.

it does to some extent. like ur face cracks and turns gray. but that is stupid. i think for each portrait there should be a different DS look. not the same. but i like the idea of the whole, if u make me upset i will kill u thing. but i would also like to see a more diverse plot. like in KOTOR 1, on the leviatan, saul says that malak will come soon and u can surrender and meet him. i think u should be able to surrender and then join him as an apprentice, or kill him unexpectaly. that would make it so u can play the game many times but be able to do different things and go to different places. what do u think of that?

Um...but if you killed Malak on the Leviathon then that would have cut out a big portion of the game, so no.

i see what u mean. but porbably 75% of the game is to destroy the star forge. so, u can have his apprentice(or any strong dark jedi) to take over the forge and that can be the offset to that.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived