Home

Knights of the Old Republic: Darkness Falls II - Alliances

"Understood. Well we'll be at the Almanac in 15 minutes. As soon as I get this ship on corse, I'll gather a group of marines in the armoury." Marhshall then left the medbay and headed to the bridge to change the ships corse.

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I'm on my way Jasra." He said, blinking a few times ... the connection felt so weird, but it was calming. Very calming. He slipped out of the room, and down the ramp. Stopping to look where Kira, and Revan were also disembarking. "I have to go, I've found Jasra. We'll contact you once I've rendvoused with her, she's not that far from here."

He nodded and his ship decloaked, it was hovering int he air next ot the hawk. Having rode it's own hyperspace trail to naboo. He lept and landed int hte cockpit, and the ship disapeared again.

“You alright?” Karda said, looking down at Jasra as she came out of her meditative state.

“He’s coming,” she said calmly. "Brax. He's coming to me."

“And how do you feel?” Karda asked.

“Good.” Jasra grinned. “I feel… good. Perhaps meditation has its merits after all.”

Karda exchanged looks with the medic.

Jasra frowned. “What?”

“I think the reason may be more chemical in nature,” said Karda. “But we’ll find out more about that when your Omwati friend arrives.”

“What do you mean?” she asked, frowning.

“Pheromones,” said the medic. “We think you may have an addiction to one you’ve been exposed to.”

Jasra glared at Karda. “The bond is deeper than that, and you know it.”

“Perhaps,” Karda said. “Suppose we’ll find out when he gets here. In the meantime, we have work to do. We’ll be arriving at the Almanac soon, and Tylor will be sending a boarding party aboard. And we’re going with him. Crystal, too.” He turned and headed for the door. “I’ll meet you and Crystal on the bridge in ten minutes.”

Jasra sat up and stared at the closing door. Then she turned to the medic. “Pheromones?” She shook her head with disbelief, slid down off the table, and headed for Crystal’s room.

She tapped on Crystal’s door. “Crystal? We’re wanted on the bridge in ten minutes,” she called through the door.

Instead of any sort of verbal response, Jasra heard several thumps, crashes, and yells coming from Crystal's room. This went on for several seconds before Crystal came sliding along the ground through the still closed door. She slid across the hallway, stopping herself by putting her hands against the opposite wall. Getting up quickly, she walked back to Jasra.

"Well..." she said, straightening her clothing and her hair, both of which seemed to have evolved minds of their own. "That was... interesting." Shaking her head and clearing her throat, she looked at Jasra. "So I didn't catch that... where were we wanted?"

Crystal's eyes flicked to the door and then she nodded. "I'm fine. Just..." She laughed softly and shook her head. "I'm definitely a different person than the one you got to know. More powerful." She laughed again. "And let's just say some of the new powers aren't as easy to control..." Sighing, she headed for her door and again passed through it. As if on a delayed reaction, the door opened behind her, allowing Jasra to enter.

The room was a mess. Half the lighting was damaged, the bed was a mess, clothes were scattered throughout the room, and the computer console Crystal had used before to look at hyperspace routes was sparking out one side and the screen was flickering.

Jasra looked around the room. "Nice," she said with a hint of sarcasm. "Love what you've done to the place. I had no idea you were into the chaos-grunge look," she added, grinning.

She jumped slightly, as a shower of sparks erupted from what used to be the computer terminal. "You know, I vote we don't tell Karda about this," she stated. "You?"

"Watch it," Crystal teased. "I can throw you against a wall harder than you could Force push me." She glanced out the window for a moment before turning back to Jasra.

"As for telling Karda..." Crystal began, stopping to look around the room. "I completely agree."

Without warning, she appeared to slip through the floor to her waist. Wincing slightly, she pushed on the floor with her arms, lifting herself out of a hole the size of her waist. Once she stood again, she turned to Jasra. "Not sure exactly what happened, but that kinda hurt..."

"I'd better watch it?" Jasra shook her head, and tried to keep a straight face. "You'd better be careful. You don't want to go sliding all the way through the hull. Although, not having to open locked doors might be handy when we get to the Almanac. Karda said we're boarding with Tylor's team. That's why he wants us on the bridge. And we'd better get going or he'll be sending someone down to fetch us."

She turned toward the door, standing in the threshold to keep it open for Crystal out of courtesy. "Oh, and Brax is coming here to meet us, by the way. Maybe he can help you control your new 'gifts'. You should talk to him when he gets here."

She and Crystal headed up to the bridge.

Karda was waiting for them, and gave Jasra and Crystal a look that said they were very nearly late.

"We're just approaching the Almanac," he said to them, pointing out the window of the bridge to a small Republic transport ship in the distance. "As soon as we dock, Tylor's team of marines will secure the vessel. There could be salvagers or pirates aboard her by now. Our job is to look for clues--personal logs, nav charts, anything that might have been missed to let us know where to start searching for Bastila."

Jasra nodded. "Understood," she said to Karda. Then she looked at Tylor. "Erm...there is another ship that will be arriving here soon. It won't be like anything you've ever seen before, but if it's been piloted by someone named Brax, it's friendly. Please instruct the crew not to fire at it, okay?"

((OOC: Brax isn't there yet, Steven. Jasra's just warning Tylor about him before he shows up.))

"Brax, a Jedi? Erm...not exactly." Jasra quickly glanced at Karda uncomfortably, then turned back to Tylor. "He's a... erm... well, he's a Force user, but he's not a Jedi."

Karda snorted. "I'll say," he muttered.

"But he's not a Sith, either," Jasra said quickly. "Contrary to certain other people's opinions," she added, glaring at Karda. "He's a friend. Well, my friend." Jasra felt herself blushing, and she turned slightly away from Tylor. "Just let your crew know not to shoot at him and to notify me when he arrives."

"Not that it will matter if you notify her," Karda commented to Tylor. "She'll know the second Brax arrives," Karda said icily. "Won't you?"

Jasra's jaw set at Karda's remark. "Brax's ship's called Ssss, Tylor. Just instruct your crew not to fire upon it."

((I ment Karda))

"Okay. Your the bosses." Tylor then walked over to his consel, press a butten and spoke into the microphone "Attention Gunners. We are expecting an ally ship to be heading in our location. Please wait for conferation from the bridge before opening fire apon any ships heading in the location."

Tylor then stepped back and turned to the jedi "Okay, now what?"

"Whenever you're ready, take your security team and board the Almanac," Karda said to Tylor. "If you find anyone aboard, I'd like them alive, if possible, just in case they may know something about the disappearance of the crew. But, why am I telling you this?" He grinned. "Captain Ford said that you were handpicked for this mission. I'm sure you know what to do. While you're securing the ship, my team will head to the Almanac's bridge and start looking for any clues on Bastila's whereabouts."

After a quick interrogation, Rose and her companion were taken to the communications terminal on the third level, where the soldier opened a channel to the Dreadless.

"She's all yours," he said, stepping back so that the Doctor could speak.

"Thank you," said the DOctor, nodding. "This is the Doctor. I wish to speak with Karda Jal-Ordo or Jasra Lantill. Or Crystal Grey, if she happens to be there."

"Mr.Tylor!" said the comm officer. Tylor walked over to him and the office informed Tylor of the call.

"This is the Doctor. I wish to speak with Karda Jal-Ordo or Jasra Lantill. Or Crystal Grey, if she happens to be there."

"All three are here." Tylor replied and told the comm officer to put the loud speaker. Tylor then threw Karda the microphone and said "It's for you. Some guy calling himself the Doctor."

Karda and Jasra both raised eyebrows, then exchanged looks with each other and Crystal. “That doesn’t sound like our ‘Doctor,’” Jasra said. “At least, not how I remember he sounded.”

“Maybe… maybe he ‘changed’ again,” said Karda. “Regeneration, I believe he called it. He did that after Brax….” Karda paused, and his expression became a bit smug. “After Brax fatally stabbed him on the Ebon Hawk. Or didn’t you know that?”

Jasra frowned. “No. I didn’t know that. But he must have had a good reason,” she added in Brax’s defense. "He wouldn't kill without a good reason."

"Denial and self-justfication. See? You're obsessed with him," Karda whispered to her in her ear, then he snorted with disdain, and went to the microphone. “Doctor? This is Jedi Knight Karda Jal-Ordo,” he said into it. “I would say it’s nice to hear your voice again, but….” He sighed. “Anyway, we heard that we might find you on Naboo. We could really use your help in the matter of a missing Jedi. Would you, erm, care to assist us?”

Jasra rolled her eyes. “’Would you care to assist us?’ What kind of lame request is that?! Just tell him that you suspect something is messed up in time and that he needs to fix it!” she hissed, just loud enough for the microphone to pick up her voice in the background.

Karda stared at her. “There is no passion, there is serenity," he quoted to her. "Meaning patience, Padawan. Remember, I’m in charge here, not you.” He cleared his throat and spoke into the mic again. “Doctor? What do you say? Are you able to render assistance in the matter? The Jedi Order would be most appreciative if you could.”

"There may be a few other Jedi joining us," Jasra volunteered to Tylor. "We need all the help we... can...." She slowed as she noticed Karda's stern look. "...get." She gave Karda a hopeful grin. "Right?"

Karda didn't reply to her. Instead, he turned to Tylor. "Tylor, I have every confidence in your marines when it comes to defence," he said. "In fact, I would speculate that they probably have more experience than a lot of us when it comes to routing out salvagers or pirates. But what could use is some extra pairs of eyes when it comes to looking for clues, and a few more brains in deciphering anything we find. The Doctor has some...unique expertise in deciphering hidden clues, and we could use his help. Brax, on the other hand," he said, looking at Jasra, "is only been called here to help Padawan Lantill with... a minor 'medical' problem. And once that is solved, he'll be on his way."

"He will not," Jasra muttered.

"He's only coming because of you," Karda said to her. "Once we've fixed your 'problem', then I'm sure he'll be on his way. He'll have no desire to help find a missing Jedi."

"He will stay if I stay," Jasra said. She reached out telepathically to Karda. "Our bond is deeper than you think."

"There may be a few other Jedi that may help us on this mission," Karda said to Tylor. "But rest assured, they will not interfere with your marines. I have every confidence in you, and your troops, to secure the Almanac." He looked out the window. It looked like they were getting close. "Are we close enough to dock with it now?"

Hearing the Doctor's response, Karda nodded. "I'm sending them to you now, Doctor," he said into the mic. Karda turned to their pilot. "Tylor? Please send the Doctor our exact co-ordinates. And I mean exact. The Doctor travels by rather...unconventional means. Any errors could be... well..."

"Bad," Jasra finished for him. Karda cleared his throat, clearly a sign that Jasra had again overstepped her boundaries. She bit her lip, then sidled over next to Crystal, putting her in between Karda and herself.

"And send a rough layout of the ship to the Doctor, too," Karda said to Tylor. "I know it's a strange request, but, believe me, it will be for the best." Karda didn't want the Doctor's TARDIS materialising in a bulkhead or someone's private quarters if he could help it.

Receiving the coordinates, the Doctor commited them to memory, and deactivated the comm panel. He turned to the soldier. "Well, so sorry, but we must be off."

"Wait a min-"

A screeching sound filled the air, and the TARDIS materialised beside the Doctor, he and Rose stepped inside, and the soldier raised his blaster.

"Get back here!" he said. The screeching sound began again, and he opened fire at the blue box. The shots bounced off harmlessly, and the TARDIS dissapeared into nothingness.

"It's hard to get our exact cordinants while we're moving. Put that'll screen on that consel over there should tell you. It's best to waiting untill we docked. But I should really get going now. My help isn't really needed in the bridge anywasy."

((IS there anything special you guys want me to bump into while my guy's on the Almanac))

((Steven, I've PM'd you about your question. Have fun with it!))

"Right," Karda said to Tylor. "Just let us know when you've secured the Almanac enough for us to board it." He nodded to Tylor, as the pilot left the bridge to assemble his team of Marines.

Karda turned to Jasra. "In the meantime, perhaps you should man the sensors, Jasra. Keep a lookout for any approaching ships. Or the Doctor's TARDIS," he added.

Jasra raised an eyebrow, surprised that Karda was allowing her to keep an eye out for Brax until it was time for them to board the Almanac. "Will do," she said, moving to the sensor station. "And, thanks," she added softly.

Karda merely nodded. "Crystal? I'd appreciate it if you would stay close to us when we investigate the Almanac. I know you can take care of yourself, but the Council did appoint you as an 'advisor', not a front-line officer. That means, no 'heroics' and going out on your own, if you please."

Jasra stifled a laugh, knowing full well that if Crystal wanted to do something on her own, no amount of words from Karda was going to stop her.

The Doctor leaned against the navigation console as the TARDIS shook slightly.

"Doctor, I've got a... light."

"What?" he asked, confused.

"A blinking red light. Right in front of me."

Moving towards the console she stood at, he glanced at the controls quickly.

"The temporal shielding is down. Not much of a problem, considering we're not leaving this time frame. I'll have to fix it before we leave - don't want to jump back to find that we don't exist, now do we?"

Pulling a lever on the next console, the TARDIS began to shake more, abruptly coming to a halt as the engines died down.

Mmoving to the door, he held it open for her, then stepped through it himself. Smiling at the dumbstruck look on the faces of the solderis, he rubbed his hands together excitedly and beamed at them. "Hello there," he said happily, addressing the whole of the bridge.

Archived