Home

Forum Doesn't Update

kookaburra

Hi

I've posted a few updates to the forum but the forum just goes to the blank white screen and says an error message then says I should contact the tech support for the forum, I don't know whats going on but there could be a bug in the forum thats causing the forum not to up date.

I've noticed the same problem and PMd DarthMaulUK about it yesterday. Also, I find that I can't edit any of my posts either. Very strange problem, but think it must have something to do with the LF database. Hopefully, the Admin staff will take care of it soon. :)

It updated the fact that you delete posts. I deleted some in a thread that I.... well, the mods will know what happened. I deleted all of them, and my post count dropped - without ever having risen with those accidental posts. So, I'm down like... 20 posts.

^ That's what they told us after the site experienced frequent 'database errors'. 'Oh, don't worry, it's a rare occurrence' they said. 'It doesn't happen that often', they said. And, you know what? It was not a rare occurence. It did happen often. How can we not worry about it if we have no way of knowing what's going on? For all we know, the database could be infected with a fatal virus that will delete the very site as we know it, and we would never know.

^ That's what they told us after the site experienced frequent 'database errors'. 'Oh, don't worry, it's a rare occurrence' they said. 'It doesn't happen that often', they said. And, you know what? It was not a rare occurence. It did happen often.

As far as I know these errors are very rare since we switched to vb3. It's been a while since it happened. In any event don't worry. It's not a virus and it won't affect your PC in any way . It was just a temporary bug that's been fixed.

Go play outside and come back later when it happens :p

Go play outside and come back later when it happens :p

See, the condescending attitude does not help matters. Don't get me wrong, D3, you do it the least often and to a small extent, but this 'we're mods, so we can treat you like dirt' kind of attitude really just makes people mad - it does not endear you to them. I won't point any fingers, but one of the moderators in particular that frequents this area is far from the ideal staff member, in my honest opinion. I can give examples, if you like. Sorry, but that had to be said.

Look, all I'm saying is, you guys, as mods, need to give us a hand here. Instead of just telling us to ignore the problem and be happily on our way, you need to say to us, 'Alright, there's a problem with the database. We're not sure what the problem is, but it's being solved.'. The bolded part is what I'm looking for. I want a moderator to be honest with me. And if you do know what's going on, but for any reason can't tell us, let us know that something is going on, but you can't be more specific. Don't insult our intelligence by claiming that there's nothing wrong! You guys need to come down from the high horse every once in a while, and treat the rest of us with the same respect you ask of us.

See, the condescending attitude does not help matters. Don't get me wrong, D3, you do it the least often and to a small extent, but this 'we're mods, so we can treat you like dirt' kind of attitude really just makes people mad - it does not endear you to them. I won't point any fingers, but one of the moderators in particular that frequents this area is far from the ideal staff member, in my honest opinion. I can give examples, if you like. Sorry, but that had to be said.

Look, all I'm saying is, you guys, as mods, need to give us a hand here. Instead of just telling us to ignore the problem and be happily on our way, you need to say to us, 'Alright, there's a problem with the database. We're not sure what the problem is, but it's being solved.'. The bolded part is what I'm looking for. I want a moderator to be honest with me. And if you do know what's going on, but for any reason can't tell us, let us know that something is going on, but you can't be more specific. Don't insult our intelligence by claiming that there's nothing wrong! You guys need to come down from the high horse every once in a while, and treat the rest of us with the same respect you ask of us.

You're not entitled to use this forum, it's a privilege to do so, and at no cost to you either. And if you don't like it, well, no one is forcing you to come here.

I am, however, entitled to voice my opinions, concerns, and questions. That's what a forum is all about.
Not really. Unless you've started paying for this site, you aren't entitled to anything here, and, since this isn't your "blog" or LiveJournal...

At any rate, this discussion is way off topic.

oh really?? you see, its kind of difficult to show respect to people that don't show respect to others. in particular, its also quite difficult to show respect to those that directly focus their venting at myself or other staff members when it is quite apparent that it isn't our fault.
Look, all I'm saying is, you guys, as mods, need to give us a hand here. Instead of just telling us to ignore the problem and be happily on our way, you need to say to us, 'Alright, there's a problem with the database. We're not sure what the problem is, but it's being solved.'. The bolded part is what I'm looking for. I want a moderator to be honest with me. And if you do know what's going on, but for any reason can't tell us, let us know that something is going on, but you can't be more specific. Don't insult our intelligence by claiming that there's nothing wrong!
quite frankly, i'm still not aware as to what exactly happened with the forum. why i'm supposed to give you an update after the fact that the problem has been solved is not something i'm completely understanding. and, to be honest, if there is a serious problem, you get a screen that tells you something is wrong. if you need somebody to hold your hand every time a fairly minor problem occurs, you're in the wrong forum.
You guys need to come down from the high horse every once in a while, and treat the rest of us with the same respect you ask of us.
like i said earlier, its difficult for us to treat members with respect if they don't treat us with respect to begin with. and, by the way, don't trip on the stirrups on your way down from your horse. :dozey:

and for further measure: :lock:

Archived