Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part II: Rise of the Jedi

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

A Republic Star Destroyer cautiously lurched across the skyline of Taris, attempting not to be noticed by the Sith Blockade. On the bridge of the Star Destroyer, Komad Kaltas, a young Human-Twi'lek hybrid from Coruscant, looked at his wife Greea Bodonawieedo Kaltas, a Rodian from Corellia. "You alright, you look like you've seen a ghost for the first time." He asked her.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alkea was running through the swamp with great speed and dexterity. She flipped over fallen branches and climbed the many vines. She fell once over a hidden root and fell, scrapping her knee but she welcomed the pain. She got up and again kept running. The pain was nothing compared to what her heart felt. For a time she had been living on Dagobah, training in an effort to forget her pain. She had hoped that she would be able to let go but she hadn't let go of that battle still etched in her mind like a raw scar. For many months she had been training and her body reflected it becoming hard and muscular to a point where she didn't look like the little sister of Komad anymore. She learned new maneuvers in her stay and develooped an increased awareness of her surroundings. She didn't maintain contact with anyone save one and that was her secret to tell.

High above the planet of Amshrey, Cronus Tyrannus gazed at the surface. From space it looked like a peaceful and beautiful world. He knew different. In the months that passed, he gave the impression that he wanted to conquer as a Sith but had no desire to. He had allegiance to no one except to the Force. A strange one due to the fact that he was neither a Sith nor Jedi. After the incident on the command ship above Rhen Var, he changed somewhat, much to his chagrin. He knew that Dar had taken half of the galaxy and the Jedi were floundering. He saw the Republic in shambles if it kept going the way it was going. Feeling a surge of annoyance, he headed towards his shuttle. He promised never to go there until he was sure she was ready but time was shortened now. He had to somehow get her to return back.

Back on the Star Destroyer, Greea answered her husband, "A tremor in the Force. The last time I felt it was above Rhen Var."

She knew what it was. She knew that Tyrannus was on the move again. In the back of her mind she wondered about her sister-in-law Alkea. She had taken off and hadn't been heard of since. She hadn't become one with the Force for even Komad would have been able to sense that. She continued to gaze out at the world of Taris.

It was hot and steamy as Alkea finished her training for the day. She went to where the hut of Master Yoda used to stand. Next to it was a hut she built for herself. She crawled in to a fire burning in the hearth and a couple of snakes slithreing about. Paying them no mind, she fixed an early supper and went to bed but didn't sleep for long. Again her nightmare of seeing him die came again. She had an uneasy sleep the rest of the night, not knowing that Tyrannus was coming to see her.

Jedi Master Yado and his Apprentice Karn Tofi, were on Taris aiding the Republic. They had to scout the Planet to see what the Sith were planning. The Republic hoped to liberate the Planet.

"I sense something Master." Karn Tofi said.

"That is the Sith my young one," Yado told his Apprentice, "Come we must keep searching, we must."

"Yes, but I believe it is only a remnant of the battle there three years ago. I doubt it is anything we should worry about." Alkonium replied.

"I sense it too, we should probably meet up with Yado as soon as we-" Komad was interrupted by the ship rocking. "What in the blazes is going on?!" He shouted. "Sir, we're under attack!" An young Zabrak informed him. "Stand your ground, we're not going down without a fight!" Komad replied.

Matthew was shaken to the ground. He slowly stood up, looking around a little, his hand jumping to his lightsaber. "They've boarded the ship.. that collision wasn't a missle, it was a ship." He spoke silently, slowly walking towards a hallway behind the cockpit. "Master, what should we do?" He said, not yet grabbing his saber from it's sheath.

The morning was just as dreary as the last in what Alkea called a slimy mudhole. She was out doing strengthening techniques when a familar voice said, "Training in mud? That's a new one."

Turning she saw Tyrannus not looking a day over thirty though she found out that he was actually over a hundred. He was looking at her with an observant expression and was dressed in robes like a Jedi but black and the hood was up. She got up and dusted herself off and replied, "What do you want?"

Not taken aback by her bluntness he responded, "What my people have always wanted: balance. Tell me, do you still think that three years of exile and intensive training will erase the memory, the wound?"

Alkea replied, "What do you think? You sent me here."

"You came here yourself. I suggested time away from politics to reconnect. Your powers seemed to have diminished the last time I saw you and now you have acquired them back."

"I had a lot of time on my hands."

"Time is something we don't have a whole lot of. The time exile is over. You must return."

"I can't. It's..."

"Still painful? The fact that your brother saved him and then what controlled you killed him? The fact that you loved him?"

"He betrayed us and yet I still loved him," and a tear splashed down.

"Betrayal happens all the time. Let it strengthen you, make you wiser in the ways of the galaxy. My people wouldn't have survived for over a hundred thousand years if they let every betrayal get to them," seeing that she wasn't moving or going to say anything he turned to leave. Before he left, he said, "But I see I am wasting time here. Go back to your pathetic hole and stay swallowed up by guilt and pain. Perhaps you won't have to see your brother's fate."

That turned her on. Next to him, Komad was the most important person in her life and she wouldn't let anyone harm him or her sister in law Greea. She realised that Tyrannus' paradoxical conversations were right in their twisted way. If anything he had never betrayed them; he was always right. She turned and said, "Wait. Where do I go?"

Turning slowly Tyrannus faced Alkea and said, "Taris."

Unenthusiastically yet determined, Greea had her lightsaber in her hand but unignited. She would fight for the Jedi but she wasn't anxious to kill. The incident at Rhen Var proved that killingalways had pain no matter who it was. Once again her thoughts drifted to Alkea and turning to her husband she saked, "Is there anyway to call her even if it is through the Force?"

Again Greea implored her husband, "Is there?"

Alkea managed to get the fighter she had not used in three years off the ground, after clearing out the critters that had made their homes in it. Tyrannus had implored her to think carefully on her choices once she came back and that many things had changed. She thought about this as she made the jump into hyperspace to Taris.

(@Xbx: Alkonium and his apprentice are not on the Star Destroyer near Taris, they're on Coruscant)

"I can sense them. Tell the crew to clear the corridors, then activate rayshields." Komad replied. "That should hold them for a while, but we should still be on our guard."

Alkea hoped that she wasn't too late as her fighter made its way through hyperspace to Taris. She saw the Star Destroyer and oter vessels trying to board. Guiding her fighter she navigated to an empty docking port. She hoped Tyrannus was right as she got out her lightsaber to cut a hole to let her in.

@Alkonium: I know, I just wanted to add some suspense, like they decided to follow Alkonium to coruscant :p))

He nodded, straightening back up and walking back to the control brig, sitting down once more. "If you need my help, ask. Even though i'm a training apprentice, i'm better than nothing to repel a Sith ship.."

((@JM12: I don't think Alkea would have known that Komad and Greea are married, since they got married a year after The Sith Resurrection, and Alkea has been in exile ever since the end of The Sith Resurrection))

A Proton Torpedo from a Sith Star Destroyer then hit the Republic shield generator, effectively deactivating the Rayshields. "Alright, stand your ground, this is about to get ugly." Komad said, activating his lightsaber. He then spoke into the comm. "All pilots, get to your ships, this is not a drill!"

"Matthew, how good are you with a lightsaber? Try and hold off those Sith!" Komad said to his father's apprentice. He then left the bridge to help defend the ship. First he met up with Gamma Squad, the same commando squad who assisted him on Rhen Var. "Alright commandos, looks like I need your help again. I'm going to need you to destroy the boarding tube between our ship and the Sith. Use any means necessary, but try to regroup with us on the surface." He said to the squad as they left to do their job.

Matthew stood up, nodding to Komad as he walked off, Matthew was left standing, but before long he was calmly walking down a hallway to the tubing, taking an alternate route than the commando's. He made it halfway there when he met up with a Sith, a Dark Jedi brandishing a doublesaber. He blinked a few times, nodding to himself and twirling his saber in his right hand and igniting it, putting one hand behind his back and positioning one foot behind his other, a style long forgotten, used against double-bladed weapons. He had learned it when he had free time, against Alkonium's will.

"Come.." He said, pointing the saber towards the Sith. The Dark Jedi rushed towards him, pulling into an intricate twirl, the saber blades spinning around his body and one coming down hard onto Matthew vertically. Matthew quickly brought his amber blade upwards, striking hard against his, pushing away and leaping over the bottom saber blade and leaning towards a wall in mid-air. He managed to kick off of the wall and twist into a roundhouse kick, his right foot connecting with the Sith's right side of the jaw, making him spin backwards onto the ground, his saber rolling feet away.

Matthew landed and aimed his free hand at the doublesaber as it leapt towards him, but was caught in mid-air by the Sith's own pull. For moments, this kept on before the Sith dived forward, catching his saber and igniting it, swiping left and right at Matthew, each slice being deflected masterfully with one hand. Matthew managed to leap over a low swipe and while the Sith was crouched, he flipped over him and ran down his back, knocking him to the floor.

Matthew turned around and front flipped onto his back, but was caught and thrown towards a wall by a Force push from the Sith. He flipped forward and landed sideways on the wall, jolting out towards the suprised Sith and driving his shoulder into the Dark Jedi's stomach, knocking him into the wall. Matthew flipped away from this attack and stuck his free hand out as the Sith's fallen saber jumped to his hand. He threw out his own amber saber as it struck the falling Sith across the chest, finishing him off before he landed onto the ground, dead.

Matthew started walking away as his saber spun back to his backward-facing hand. He sheathed his saber and stuck the doublesaber in his sash, heading towards the tubing.

((I would think that she had a lucky guess. She knew of her brother's feelings for her))

Greea tugged on her husband's arm and said, "I think we should help them. We need to cover all the corridors. There is probably more than one point of entry."

Alkea heard the general alert for all fighters to get to their ships. She instead went the opposite way towards where the umbilical was attached to the ship. She had her newly built lightsaber out and ready to go. She caught the attention of some of the Sith and she ignited her saber, the beam was rather white, more than silver. She disposed of the Sith in her waywith relative ease. Putting her well tuned muscles to work, she scampered up the ventilation shaft and concentrated on the Force to lead her to her brother.

Tyrannus had followed Alkea and saw the battle with the Star Destroyer. His shuttle wasn't the best there was to offer but he had operational systems to allow for him to watch undetected. He was hoping to find Dar. Sooner or later what he had forseen would come to pass. He only hoped that Alkea was strong enough.

He made his way to the tubing and saw a group of sith assault soldiers scampering across it. He leapt in the way and brought his ignited lightsaber in a crescent above him, flipping backwars and shutting the bay door, slicing off the remainder of the tubing. He deactivated his lightsaber as he looked out the nearby window at several sith soldiers floating limp in space. Master, one tube is gone. He sent to Alkonium.

A couple of Sith that were still on board were making their way behind the Jedi that had just cut off the umbilical. Alkea saw it through the shaft and burst through it drawing her lightsaber. She swung with power, disabling them. She turned to the apprentice and said, "Lucky they weren't able to use you as fencing practice otherwise you'd be a kabob."

Greea followed her husband to where the second umbilical was attached. She sensed that one had been cut by the apprentice Matthew but the Sith may be more bold and blast their way on.

"Signal the Republic for backup." Suddenly the ship shook. "Scratch that, it looks like they took out our communications array. Do what you can to help Gamma squad." Komad said to John. He then placed a number of explosives inside the umbilical tube got back in the Republic corridor, sealed the hatch, and set off the explosives.

Archived