Home

Should Revan or Exile die in KotOR 3? (Possible Series Spoilers Inside.)

The Source

Should Revan or Exile die in KotOR 3?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Should Revan or Exile die in KotOR 3?

• Reven: Will die in KotOR 3.
    • Revan: Will live in KotOR 3.
    • Exile: Will die in KotOR 3.
    • Exile: Will live in KotOR 3.

But... but... but there's no way of showing the Exile without contradicting the choices from TSL.

It wouldn't break my heart to see the Exile canonically turn out different from how he was when I played him, and I don't see why people are so against seeing him/her in KOTOR 3.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I don't. It solves nothing. The point of KoTOR 3 must be to finaly learn what happened to Revan. I don't think the storymakers would simply kill him off like you two are suggesting, he's just too important a character to suddenly get killed and only briefly mentioned.

None of us really have any sort of idea on what the plot is in K3. Other than that Kreia pretty much tells you where Revan goes, and probably what Revan went to do. I would prefer if Revan's fate remain unknown, if you need closure I would prefer if Revan were found dead probably trying to find a weakness to whatever enemies lurk in the UR. I don't think we need anything to do with Revan other than what he/she might have found out during the time spent in the UR, no need for a return or anything.

What makes me curious is after reading up on some things T3 was supposed to return to the known galaxy if something happened to Revan, the secrets probably lay with that dang droid for the most part.

It wouldn't break my heart to see the Exile canonically turn out different from how he was when I played him, and I don't see why people are so against seeing him/her in KOTOR 3.

It may not break hearts but it sure would break rules. The dev's worked hard so as to not contradict themselves to much in TSL, I highly doubt they'd just give up now. Also why do such a thing when he/she ISN'T NEEDED?

I agree with Prime.

Revan Should Live and be a NPC who gives you a mission at the beginning of the game to help him/her in the unknown regions, however he/she shouldn’t join your party until the later part of the game.

As for the Exile, he/she should not appear, and should be left at that

well i think reven will still live least till kotor 6 that i heard they might possibley be making and canderous will be still around come kotor 6 but its just a little thing i heard

Oh. Now I get it. This guy is a joke account. Not a single post of his can be taken seriously.

I think they should both die. Then we don't have to play as either of them. :)

Absolutely! ;)

We can pick up Revan's cool robes from Revan's corpse, along with some clue as to how to defeat the main baddies, same with the Exile, yeah...

I think they should both die. Then we don't have to play as either of them.

Absolutely!

We can pick up Revan's cool robes from Revan's corpse, along with some clue as to how to defeat the main baddies, same with the Exile, yeah...

Ooooooooooooo, how original. :xp:

Fresh, yeah right.

My point - if the devs decide to put a new character we won't be playing (obviously) as either of the previous two, we don't need the previous two characters (well, I could live with the death of the Exile :D) killed for that.

I believe that the exile will either die or realize he is a wound in the force and have the force removed from him, by Revan or someone else. Revan on the other hand could possibly die in kotor 3 (way later, because Revan is too important to the kotor series. Even if he isn't the playable character, which would make the most sense, he'll have to be envolved someone in the main plot.)

But... but... but there's no way of showing the Exile without contradicting the choices from TSL.

The more I think about it, the more I think with the Exile they'll just have a little nod to him like they did with Jolee in TSL. Like an "Exile Robe" or somthing.

But Jolee wasn't the main character, so it's easy to just mention him. I think when/if they make kotor 3, both Revan and the exile will have cannon light side endings.

It may not break hearts but it sure would break rules.

What rules?

I think they should both die. Then we don't have to play as either of them.

We don't need them dead to prevent us from playing as them.

Why must it?

Revan is needed to wrap up the story because it ultimately revolves around him and his actions. The Exile isn't needed anywhere, and neither of them should be in the player's party.

I would hate the game if Revan had to die. That would be the dead of the game. It is quite unrealistic that he/ she would die as Revan was the most powerfull Jedi of that time. Maybe s/he will become an immortal ghost (like Ben and yoda). But once again, Revan has to stay alive! The same is valid for the Exile. Both are important for the fate of the galaxy. But Revan is the most important character of the whole game as s/he is designing the furture of the galaxy and that of the Sith and Jedi.

Sorry, but I hate bad endings in which the hero dies. Would never play it again.

Why must it?

Well what's the point of the big mystery of TSL, if not to introduce the final chapter of Revan's story? You can't seriously think that the devs will introduce a new story just like that and just quickly mention Revan's fate at the beginning of the game.

What story? Revan's story is over, it ended with KOTOR 1. If Kreia never told you Revan probably went to the unknown reigons, what other excuse would you guys find in order to bring Revan back?

Revan is really not that important at this point.

Kreia wasn't the only one, there's T3 with his holorecordings (or Bastila's message on the Sith holocron in the Koriban academy, if you choose DS K1 ending), HK-47 with an inexplicable memory loss and the Ebon Hawk's mysterious reappearance in the game. And since they expanded Revan's story in TSL, that means it's not yet over.

:eyeraise: Erm?? WTF?

I didn't spend 30+ hours(multiple times) on each game to come across my character's bodies in the (presumably) last installment. This would cheapen my experience with the games.

Do we have to play as Revan/The Exile? No, it would not work in this type of game. No more amnesia or loss of power. It should be a raw recruit who is honing his power.

Do we need to interact or recruit them? No, this would not be necessary and might be hard to implement story-wise given all the different variables from the first two games.

What we should have is a new character who story arc intersects with what has been established from the previous games and then continues on with Revan/The Exile’s path.

We should learn of Revan/ The Exile’s fate through a cut scene/movie as told by a third party that witnessed the events. One that would be a party member mentor type. Or an ally to your cause that gives you your main quest.

To comes across a datapad that says “They got pwned by some super baddie.” Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

My 2.5 cents.

Even with your arguement though, theres no point in keeping Revan or the Exile alive. A good writer can easily come up with a great storyline surrounding the mysteries of the UR, Revan & the Exile's fate without keeping them alive. Not to say they didn't do anything important, but they're not needed alive to give you some sort of quest or come along your party as a companion. I would have it so that perhaps both characters leave a large amount of "clues" that your character has to follow throughout the story.

i think revan made the kotor series. not literally made it, but his/her storyline was epic, therefore resulting in such a great game. It would be a shame to see that oppurtunity to finish his/her story off for good.

i want them both to live and darth sion why do you hate reven so much as he could wipe the floor with you because all you know is pain power and suffering and nothing of teaching,learning and strength as it is some times harder to turn away from power than to give in to it that is strength not youre petty dark side power, the dark side may be more seductive and easier to learn but it is not more powerfull than the light

so there. :lips1:

They should live in the game. They could possibly be killed during the plot, but I'd hate it if either of them is casually killed off in the background - they both have far too much story potential for that.

Actually, I think they'll both be villains in K3, but that's just my own theory...

Archived