Home

Inspiration thread

Seeing as everbody gets a bit of artist's/writer's block, here's a thread for people to suggest things to write/draw about. Mainly because I want to draw, but I can't think of anything to draw. So I'll be first to use this thread. Any ideas of what I should draw?

Usually I cna be inspired by just turning on the television. Lemme see the channels... *click click click* Fullmetal Alchemist, The Flintstones, and The Even Stevens...

...a show about a tribe of shamans that must battle evil demons from another dimension.

There, I came up with idea.

Yarr, why don't ye be drawin anything pirate related? Ye have pirate hotties like Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom ter use as sexy guides! Or the honorable ninja to bring you honorable honor? After all, people give you the respect that you deserve when faced with a picture of the honorable, fearsome, kickass ninja. And no, Naruto or Sasuke or anything Naruto counts! Or better yet ... draw pirates fighting ninjas!

I had this vision of a The Last Temptation of Christ painting, which stars Willem Dafoe as Jesus, Harvey Keitel as Judas, and David Bowie as Pontius Pilate. The characters are all in an epic Biblical scene together, but instead of the traditional characters, it is the Green Goblin (from Spider-man), Mr. White (Reservoir Dogs), and Ziggy Stardust. Too bad I have no art skills whatsoever.

Pirates, Ninjas, Cowboys and Robots! Such a thing would be so beautiful that words would not be capable of describing it.Also, that fire cloud thing was pretty neat too.

When I have those rare boring days at work, I draw. I never really know what to draw when I start. I just start out with shapes and just go from there. Things that have happened recently, or things that are around me inspire me. Trees outside, funny people, a car accident, long stretches of road, anything. Or just dogs doing stupid things. Just let loose, and let it come to you.

Most of my fan fictions come after listening to some description of song for hours on end. I wrote many of my fan fictions from the rush of emotive emotion things coming from listening to Green Day.

One of them came from Wake me up when september ends, and many are partly brought on from the rush of emotions I feel whenever I listen to whatsername. Also, some weird things make me think of weird new fan fictions.

Like P!ATD. That made me come up with the part of one of my fan fictions where in a flashback Sasha remembers an old girlfriend... That's insane.

The whole random guys in top hats ruining a party came from the IWSNT msic video. Other than that, I read other books. And they give me ideas for characters. Who here has read chapters nine and ten of Truman's rescue? If you have you'll know who Henrietta and Seraphina are.

They're both based on book characters. And also, Maximilian is a cross between how Maloof sees you, which I thought of whilst coming up with him, and also my friend Maximiliane. In other words? I get inspiration everywhere.

I go for walks and listen to music. My mind wonders and I wind up with fanfic and art ideas. That, or take a shower. There's nothing as good for inspiration as being in a place where you can't do anything about it. I used to come up with ideas at school all the time and it'd drive me nuts.

I usually go out for a run if I have energy left that I need to get out. It clears the mind and gets you in good shape..mmhmmm muscular bodies.

Also, I try to think of ideas that have not been done before. Not just pairings (though it's fun to think of ways the most random characters can get together) but ideas. Don't worry about it being crap just write it, at least you're trying something new.

Like the chair/table story someone wrote. It was beautiful and one of the most interesting stories I've ever read. I can't link it since it's on an NC-17 site (story PG-13) but it was certainly amazing.

Or you can read this Producers story and be inspired that someone had the guts to write it.

(I've currently undertaken a Saving Private Ryan fanfiction challenge.)

For Inspiration thread..do you want ideas for any fandom or just Psychonauts?

Archived