Home

Vacation!

razorace

I'm heading out on vacation starting tomorrow and I'll be gone for two weeks. After that, I'm going to be busy with my job for about three weeks. As such, my OJP activities are probably going to be subdued for a while.

Don't worry, we've made a lot of progress lately and new OJP versions will come out eventually. :)

Hmmm, if its literally five weeks until the next release, any hype to download the next Enhanced that UDM's amazing trailer created will be next to dead. I recommend making any changes you want to the code over your break (if you have a laptop that is) and release it as soon as you have a chance. I suppose UDM could make yet another trailer for the new build to increase the hype again, but that really shouldnt be necessary. Well, its up to you Razor, but I like the fact that this build is being well tested by jk2files people, but they're al waiting for 0.1.0 because of the trailers and I would like them to remember who we are when its released.

how about a new release before you go it could be like a 0.0.9.5

Hmm, that might not be such a bad idea. It would help the "hype" a bit and keep it going strong. It would also give us more time to do what ever we want with 0.1.0 since its the big "1.0." :p I don't know. What do you think, Razor.

I say we keep the suspense there. In the meantime, we could just create more hype. Just make sure that 0.1.0 doesn't disappoint :)

Or, we could meanwhile work on other issues like training newbies. In the meantime, I'm looking into Dragon. Very interesting and simple (too simple in fact), yet very versatile too

Btw Razor do consider uploading 009d to the public. I think it's a big leap over 009b

-edit-

I just tried 009e. WOW SWEETNESS! YOU REALLY DID FIX LIGHTNING STRIKES!

I don't care what others say. You just made my life more meaningful. Not that it wasn't, but you get the drift...

Ummm... you guys have full access to source. If you want, compile the latest Enhanced for Linux and I'll consider putting it on Meatgrinder or something.

The issue is documenting everything that changed, and then releasing it to JK2Files. I'm sure Razor won't mind too much if pne of his admins does it for him.

Everything is already documented in the OJP changelogs. That's a requirement of commiting changes to the repository. The biggy is just getting the mod to the development stage that we want.

As for a new trailer, I do like the idea of a brand new trailer that shows off the actual new features of the current beta. That would be great. :)

In addition, I also like the idea of doing additional work to help out newbies. Maybe some video clips would help greatly in that area. Maybe a video of the move + a graphic overlay showing the buttons pressed to perform the move?

One other thing that would be helpful: are there any debug commands to show you the FP/DP/mishap status of your opponent? Having these would make it easier to learn what effects various attack and defensive moves have.

The easiest way would probably be a set of bars over the head of opponents. If we have those, and some console commands to activate them (cheat mode only, of course), it would be nice. :) If they already exist, it would be good to make them known and accessible to new players.

In addition, I also like the idea of doing additional work to help out newbies. Maybe some video clips would help greatly in that area. Maybe a video of the move + a graphic overlay showing the buttons pressed to perform the move?

I'm short of time for a new full blown trailer, unless someone else wants to do it. But I can do the newbie video. I could work it out with hockney and some other guys in my spare time

The graphic overlay sounds like a nice idea. Sounds like a very easy task

By the way razor maybe you should update the distributions page for 009f too

Well, that's just the way things are. *Shrug*

By the way razor maybe you should update the distributions page for 009f too

As stated in the thread, it's a forums-only beta. I'm intentionally not pimping it on the main site.

Have fun!

Community, I think this is our cue to give something back to good ole Razor.

Im back, and Im starting work on more anims on monday. Replacing animations I reckon is going to be a job I'll never finish. But there's already one waiting to be shipped out; My saberblades, the first two initial reactions were good but I think the sabers dont deserve their own release. What I was thinking is to set up a community team to help expand OJP. Everyone would contribute in any way they can, for example: You dont know how to mod anything? No problem, get a server fired up, or get the mod in the spotlights, tell people about the mod! Get each others' email adresses and msn adresses and get talkin'.

I've already made nice new sabers, there's pics in a thread here somewhere. Biggest plus is that theyre usable with RGB. Anyway before we start complicating things, its hard to mod a mod, so if anyone here is able to make some sort of simple installer that can install files within a PK3 I'd be a very happy saberist ;)

Archived