Home

Mandalore gets a Gizka

This mod is just out and out silliness I did for a challenge. But it's cute silliness! It's fun!

Get the wee little .zip file from PC Game Mods

or My site

Basically, this mod gives Mandalore a love-struck and stary-eyed gizka named Cati who will accompany him where ever he goes to protect him...whether he likes it or not :) When the party returns to Dxun from the first visit to Onderon, Cati will show up and attach herself to Mandalore. She 'hides' while on the Ebon Hawk.

A side effect is that you can decide if Mandalore will wear his helmet or not by talking to Cati.

Cati's stats are about the same as Remote's; she acts like a melee Remote, so she might get hurt more often as she's more likely to get in the way.

The puppet scripts are pretty much right out of stoffe -mkb-'s Puppet tutorial, for which I'm very thankful. The other two scripts used have sources included. Cati is not my invention--she's based on a gizka in a fanfic by Lady Revan...but Cati's adventures transcend fanfiction.

It's a drag n' drop into Override affair.

cati1.jpg

On topic: Hee. It is pretty cute watching Mandalore fight Sith Lords with a gizka : D Good to hear the fun got across.

:laugh6:

- Dream Evil :vamp1:

Btw, this is a bit off-topic, but Princess ..How did u do this? http://www.princessartemis.com/images/dragon/kotor/dustilc1.jpg ..Did u just rename Dustil's face texture?

Oh, I extracted Dustil's texture as a .tga and renamed it so it would override Carth's. Looks awful, so the next time I went musical textures on them, I used the .tcps, which looks much better. The differences in their textures is almost negligable, it's just coloring and facial hair really.

I also changed Carth's texture name to Dustil's and used KSE to make Carth look like Dustil just for kicks. Go poke around my site, there's a bunch of screen shots I took of it in Telosian Archives. Since I used the .tcps, I didn't change anything about the textures except filename.

Oh, and s/he is a she :)

For K1? For clarity, lemme make sure I got it straight what you want. You want Dustil's texture (with a bit more scruff) to be Carth's texture, so basically Carth has darker eyes, darker hair, and paler skin? And for Dustil to have Carth's texture, except without scruff?

Dustil texture, Carth model: http://www.princessartemis.com/images/dragon/kotor/dustilc4.jpg

Carth texture, Dustil Model:

http://www.princessartemis.com/images/dragon/kotor/carthd2.jpg

Except with different facial hair. So that when you meet Dustil on Korriban, he'll have his own head model but Carth's texture, and Carth will have darker hair, lighter skin, and scruff, with a portrait for Carth?

If that's what you're looking for, yes, I could do that--the only time consuming bit would be getting a beard on Dustil's texture.

Very Creative Mod Princess Artemis! :thumbsup:

I really like mods like this... ones that take an entirely different direction than one would expect. Plus just the thought of the Rough-n-gruff Mandalore having an 'adorable' gizka as an involuntary (to Mandalore) sidekick is funny enough to make this mod really work and stand out.

Great Job! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Go to the top of the thread. Click on the link to "My site" right under the one to PC Game Mods. Or you can click the link to Telosian Archives in my sig and find it there.

Edit: Sorry, both links on the first page aren't working, but the link on my site is, so is the link to LucasFiles from my site. ::goes to fix link::

Edit 2: Link to my site on first post works now.

Archived