Home

Legacy of War Release 0.05 - Canon EAW Remake Countdown..T Minus 2 months...

Foshjedi2004

Thats right Guys. We've got a proper Release on its way to you.

Its having New Maps, New units, new Heroes, new features never before seen and new Sound effects...

The release should be ready for download sometime in the next few weeks.

Then after this release we have another surprise. A 28+ Ship Addon pack. Including ships like the SSD, Dreadnaught, Defender, Bwing, Interceptor and others never seen in Releases....

Check out the next mod from Legacy of War.

SSDDeathScene.jpg

You can Download it from http://legacy-of-war.com/downloads.php

Features Include:

Units:

Rebel: B-Wing Fighter/Bomber

Rebel: Dreadnaught

Empire: TIE-Interceptor

Empire: Executor Class Super Star Destroyer

Empire: Naval Troopers

Heroes:

Empire: Captian Needa w/The Avenger

Empire: Mara Jade

Empire: Baron Soontir Fel w/181st TIE Squadron

Rebel: Gen. Jan Dodonna

Rebel: Kyle Katarn

Rebel: Leia Organa w/Tantive IV

Misc:

The Maw System added into Stock GC with Custom Maw Space Map

Kamino added into Stock GC

All Stock maps re-created for better visual and playability.

Custom SFX added in for the TIE Interceptors and Princess Leia

Royal Guard Detachment added to Emperor Palpatine

Red Squadron upped to 12 Fighters with Heroes

ALL Fighter Squadrons upped to 12 Fighters

Space Battle Unit Cap changed to 35 for Rebels 30 for Empire.

Custom Icons for all new units

Custom Death Animation for the SSD added

Hero Start Locations changed.

Mon Cal Cruisers only buildable on Mon Calamri

ALL Ships Scaled to correct sizes. Based off of the ISD. ISD was scaled up a bit

Engine Glows added to SSD

Dreadnaught and SSD Spawn space debris when damaged.

OK, I'm trying to use the version 1.00 not the version 2 mod, the README says to put the Art, XML, and Text folders into Gamedata/Data. It won't let me put the actual folders in there so I put all the stuff in the folders in there and then I minimize it and start the game and do a skirmish battle, no SSD.

help?

We forgot to mention...a couple of things. In the ReadMe.

TIE Fighters and TIE Bombers are now buildable by the Empire.

V-Wings are buildable by the Rebels

The B-Wing is a Fighter AND a Bomber. Thats right, it can mix it up with fighters AND then bomb the hell out of a Ship or Space Station. Not like the useless Y-Wings that are just bombers. Also.. the B-wing has the Ion Shot ability also.

Well this is great so far, i really enjoyed a quick skirmish playing the rebels, so i thought, lets have a go at the empire.

I built a squad of tie interceptors and sent them after some a-wings.....all they did was follow them, i think i saw about 3-5 green shots come from them the whole time they were on the map and dint try and shoot at the a-wings :(

There is a problem with the Dreadnaught in that it is vastly overpowered. More expensive than Home One and more powerful? That's absurd. The 'naught is an outdated medium cruiser, not a battlewagon. Watching one strip the shields off a space station in one volley was almost comical.

That said, really fantastic work. The S-foil animaton on the B-wing is SUPERB, as is basically every aspect of it. 12-fighter squadrons are very nice (though the Mercenary fighter group still has 5). and the mod is coming together well.

I did have the same problem as DCorris though. My 'ceptors won't shoot.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Im gonna echo what DCorris has said. Im playing as the Rebels and the fighters really need to be told to attack, well anything! Even if fighters are next to them, they wont attack.

Apart from that, great fun

DMUK

ImpElite can you see the folder structure inside the zip file? If so then you can copy the individual files into folders that you make in the gamedata/data directory.

For example... create your own Art folder and place the individual art files into that and so on and so forth. Hope that helps :)

Ok Guys... We have a conundrum...

We need Skinners.

There is a MAJOR Release in the works. Its bigger than anything that the community has currently seen and Will be seen in September IF We get another 4 Skinners.

At the moment we have 2 Skinners, Admiral Mackay and Artilimartili... GoodWood is MIA...

So...

IF You want a Kickass Mod that will remake the entire Empire at War Game We need your Help....

We have a lot of Models done for the release and our Skinners are Swamped...

If you have any prior experience with Any graphics programs we want you....

Cheers

Applicants Can either post in this thread or Join me on AIM, MSN, YahooMessenger or Skype (Melvin2k1)

Oh Yeah I think I can mention just how large the Release we have planned is...

We plan on adding 48 new Units, 9 new Heros, 7 of them Completely new.... 19 new, previously unseen locations and 9 New in game Features Including Orbital Bombardment.

There are also a few Easter Eggs....

First Post Updated...

That is correct. Legacy of War Release 0.5 The Canon Remake of EAW is, if we stay on target, under 2 months away. It will be sooner if we get some more skinners and the 2 months is a tentative placement...

I will be releasing some renders of stuff appearing in this and future releases next week...

If you liked AGD your gonna love some of the stuff we have cooking...

Archived