Home

Submit post/reply bug.

The function to submit posts starts counting the characters in the post after all vB tags have been closed. It's more of a nuisance than a bug, but I'd rather not have to tack crap on to the end of my post(s) in order to submit it.

I had/have this problem when I end a post with a quote ;)

Try tapping your spacebar a few times.. seems to work for me (some of the time at least) :D

That or I'll stick a smiley or a "-ChAiNz.2da" at the end...

I'm not able to reproduce this bug. The minimum character amount is only two, so it should be pretty much impossible to hit it unless you're just posting a single emoticon or quoting somebody without comment, in which case you should reevaluate whether it's worth posting anyway.

I've just made a post with a bunch of text and then a quote (ie: the quote was the last thing in the post) and it let me post it fine. What exactly are you inputting to cause this so I can try to do the same? And when it stops you, does the javascript alert box pop up or does it take you to a separate LucasForums page with the error?

I'm not able to reproduce this bug. The minimum character amount is only two, so it should be pretty much impossible to hit it unless you're just posting a single emoticon or quoting somebody without comment, in which case you should reevaluate whether it's worth posting anyway.

I've just made a post with a bunch of text and then a quote (ie: the quote was the last thing in the post) and it let me post it fine. What exactly are you inputting to cause this so I can try to do the same? And when it stops you, does the javascript alert box pop up or does it take you to a separate LucasForums page with the error?

This post was the one that prompted me to post this. I added the "...SLI" after in order to post it, otherwise I got a JavaScript alert about not meeting the 2 character minimum.

Does this first quote make all the difference?

I am writing a lot of things in between the posts.

I'm wondering if this doesn't effect us because we're Admins?

Yep. I got the message as well. I don't know if there's anything that can be done about it, but how many people end a post with a quote?

Yay, I did something kinda useful \o/

Writing things without a beginning quote

Hmm, so I guess the beginning quote does matter. Very odd. Perhaps the code see's the post beginning with a [ quote] tag and a post ending with a [/ quote] tag and the counter doesn't count anything inbetween even though they're two different quotes with text between them.

Joshi could be right, but whatever the case it looks like we're dealing with a general flaw with the vB3 BBCode engine and I'm not sure there's that much we can do until we move up to the next major version, though I'll forward it along anyway.

Archived