Home

Baldurs Gate 2 (Warning: May Contain Spoilers)

Lantzen

I got inspired by the morrowind thread, so i thogh about a similar to Badlurs Gate, and see if anyone play this great game. I just got it maybe two weeks ago, and finished it after one with a little help(with that i mean a lot) from gamebanshee. I really love the dialoug with the partymebers in it, Minsc is priceless with his little friend Boo.

So here a memory from the recent week, with my first characther, a monk. At the end of the game, you fight a dragoon, and i did my special attack quering palm, one hit kill if not save vs death or something. And the dragoon died, i thogh a dragoon should be hard, but my one little mele hit killed it

And does anyone know any good mods for it, im thinking of installing some when im finish with my evil mage :dev9:

And does anyone know any good mods for it, im thinking of installing some when im finish with my evil mage :dev9:

It's been quite some time since I last played BG2, but when I did I played it a lot. :) If you have the Throne of Bhaal expansion as well the "Ascension" mod made by David Gaider (bioware designer) is a must. It makes the somewhat lackluster ending of the expansion a lot more Epic (from a story perspective), and also improved some of the boss fights throughout the game a bit.

Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes!

Man, you guys & gals are bringing up so many memories it isn't funny :xp:

Baldur's Gate 2 == teh awesome...

The very first opening scene, you in the cage getting "questioned", getting freed by Imoen (which was awesome after playing BG I)... oh wow, the tons of stories I have with this game and the years of playing it :D

Jaheria, Viconia & Aerie in the same party :lol: Hilarious banter!

Yoshimo's back story... didn't see that coming... ;)

Minsc & the inseperable Boo.. what's not too love? :D

Yeah, i relly got shocked when Yoshimo betrayed me, but you got nice xp foe his heart later on :dev7:

And the sword Lilacor is really cool "hack and slash your way to fortune" But i think one of the funniest thing in the game are the noob adventures, that trying to kill you. Then a message apear over them when they failed, <Noob adventures name> quickload, i was really ROFL after that one

And i dont think i want a more difficult boss fight yet, im still noob at the game and dont think i would survive a harder boss fight

And does anyone know where you could get Baldurs Gate 1? I would prefere a internet store, because i dont live in US

And i dont think i want a more difficult boss fight yet, im still noob at the game and dont think i would survive a harder boss fight

And does anyone know where you could get Baldurs Gate 1? I would prefere a internet store, because i dont live in US

If you refer to the Ascension mod it does make the fight harder, but that's not its primary merit in my opinion. It makes the ending a bit more epic from a story standpoint as well, with new dialog and participants, temptations and (possible) betrayals etc, instead of just "Fight big A and shadow slayers four times".

As for BG1, you can probably get it and the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion on Amazon.com if all else fails, though you'll likely get it a lot cheaper if you can find some web shop in your home country that sells it. (You can get a DVD with all four BG games/expansions for less here than what Amazon sells BG1+TotSC for, even when not taking shipping into account.)

You may have started in the wrong end of the series if you want to really enjoy BG1 though. While it's still a good game I had trouble truly enjoying it since I was annoyed by the lack of all the game engine improvements that had been made for the second game (and the forced low 640x480 screen resolution). I still played it through, but only once, unlike the countless times I've played BG2. :)

Well, then i can just keep it to BG 2, i had heard so many good things about it before i got it, and in a game magazine it on top 10 of greatest game ever, thats why i stardet with the second.

Well then i maybe get that mod for my next playthrogh, and i will probaly

know the combat system a lot better when i have finish it two times

BG1, was the game which made me love RPGs.

Ah, good old Sarevok! Even today I would say he's a good villain.

BG2 was simply awesome, better than BG1. Cool Characters (Jaheira :D), tons of quests and a great plot. And Terminsel.... :D

In my opinion, Jon Irenicus is one of the best villains ever too.

Who killed Firkraag when playing BG2?

I always did...although it is difficult (without "cheap" tactics..) it is highly rewarding...

Yepp, you most love Irenicus "How wonderful mad of you to release all my test subjects" And the battle he have when they capture him"I cannot be caged" then he kill some of the wizards.

Yepp, i killed Firkraag, after maybe four loses i used a cheap tactic. I stood just outside his sight and cast multiple cloudkill on him, and he didnt attack. He survived it, but was badlt injured then i moved in and killed him. Im going there with my current party and will try not to use that tactic this time

Yepp, you most love Irenicus "How wonderful mad of you to release all my test subjects" And the battle he have when they capture him"I cannot be caged" then he kill some of the wizards.

Yepp, i killed Firkraag, after maybe four loses i used a cheap tactic. I stood just outside his sight and cast multiple cloudkill on him, and he didnt attack. He survived it, but was badlt injured then i moved in and killed him. Im going there with my current party and will try not to use that tactic this time

What you need is one super pumped up fighter with all the best anti dragon gear.

Addtionally you have to dispell his combat magics.

A really cool way to kill ANY dragon in BG2 is the following:

Create enough meatshield by using tank characters, monsters etc.

THen have a few casters dispell the dragons magic protection, but you have to do that several times. Then use magic to lower the dragon's saving throws severely.

Then kill him with one single spell: Finger of death. It doesn not always work. But when it does...

That owns if you kill the dragon by using one spell, and seeing his soul vanish...

I'm a BG2 maniac :D

While reading the Wikipedia article about BG1 & 2 I noticed that there are quite a few mods available for them. The one called "BG1 tutu" stood out in particular. It allows BG1 to be played with BG2's engine, with its better graphics and gameplay. It might be worth checking out!

Archived