Home

Table RPG

Lantzen

So who at theses forums have play table RPGs? And what sort did you play? And do you have any great memorys from it?

I have played Drakar och Demoner, it's a swedish game, similar do Dungeon and Dragons. I was the DM, but we only played three times:(

One of the characther was soloing, and was captured by slavers, but he escaped and went to get the other so he could get revange on the slavers. It ended with that they lost the battle, and evryone was captured and sold as slaves to a mine, where they died

I've played D&D (Oriental milieu's my favorite, probably cause it was my first, and the DM was a lot of fun), Car Wars (I love the catalogs), Star Trek, Star Wars, BattleTech, and maybe a couple others I can't remember anymore.

Favorite story--a guy was playing a monk, and had to take a taboo when he leveled up. He decided that his taboo would be that he couldn't wear a specific color. The DM asked what color. The guy replied, 'a mauvey shade of pinky-russet.'

Months, many game sessions, and levels go by. The guy's pretty much forgotten his color taboo. Their party defeats some nasty monsters, and there's a great magic belt in the pile of loot. The guy's monk picks it up. The DM gets a nasty little grin on his face and says, "It's a mauvey shade of pinky-russet." The guy just groaned....

Oh boy! List what games I have played...

RPG's...

• Original D&D (TSR)
  • AD&D (TSR)
  • AD&D 2nd Ed. (TSR) (All settings, Kara'Tur being my Favorite, the Realms next in line.)
  • D&D D20 (WotC) (I prefer AD&D 2nd Ed. but D20 it is alright for D&D.)
  • James Bond 007 (?)
  • Star Trek (FASA)
  • Star Frontiers (FASA)
  • Shadowrun (FASA)
  • Battle Tech RPG (FASA)
  • Elf Quest (Chaosium)
  • Rune Quest (Chaosium)
  • Stormbringer (Chaosium)
  • Call of Cthulu (Chaosium)
  • Twilight 2000 (West End Games)
  • Champions (Hero Games)
  • Cyberpunk (R. Talsorian Games)
  • Palladium RPG (Pwns all the D&D games hands down...)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Palladium)
  • Heroes Unlimited (Palladium)
  • Ninja's & Superspies (Palladium)
  • Recon / Revised Recon (Palladium)
  • Robotech / Macross RPG (Palladium)
  • Macross II RPG (Palladium)
  • Last... but not least...
    Star Wars D6 (West End Games)

Miniatures games...

• Star Fleet Battles (?) (Miniatures)
  • Micro Armor (?) (Miniatures, a game for true discriminating purists.)
  • Star Trek: Tactical Combat Simulator (FASA) (Miniatures)
  • Battle Tech (FASA) (Miniatures, good clean family fun IMHO!)
  • MekTon (R. Talsorian Games) (Anime RPG / Miniatures Game)
  • Babylon 5 Wars (AOG) (Miniatures)

These are the ones I have regularly played. ;)

I have played many others on a limited basis...

• Warhammer 40K
  • Bar Wars (A Classic though limited run comedy game)
  • Creeks & Crawdads (Don't Eat The Thinker!)
  • Paranoia
  • Torg (I liked this one though the rest of my group didn't. :( )
  • Marvel
  • Batwinged Bimbos from Hell (Yes this is a real game, We bought it in Berkley Ca.)
  • Renegade Nuns with Guns (Yes this is a real game, We bought it in Berkley Ca.)
  • Alma Mater (High School Game)
  • And yes I have played...
    Star Wars D20 (WotC) (I despise this mockery of a Star Wars game to the core of my soul.)

Whew! :sweat: Long list! :D

I have waaaaaaaay too many 'favorite' stories to tell. ;)

Im gonna go out on a limb here and ask... Are these the same sort of table games which i saw people in classrooms at lunchtimes with crappily painted figures moving them at the roll of a die doing whatever points of damage to whatever ork/mage/troll/wizard/magicman/interceptor the other player has.

If so, i breathe a sigh of relief as i can officially say i no longer am deemed fit for king of geekdom. :)

I've only played D&D:

-2E Forgotten Realms

-3E Grayhawk setting

favourite pc: Corran Collga, a male halfling rogue/cleric of Olidamara

favourite story. One of the first times me and my friends ever played it, our 2nd lvl ranger decides it is a good idea to try to steal a chipmonks nuts. Said chipmonk doesn't like that, calls the rest of his family, and together beated the ranger unconscious.

I have played many others on a limited basis...

• Warhammer 20K

It's 40k :p

But RedHawke, you certainly are the champion of tabletop rpgs.

I haven't played any tabletop rpgs, but I play Warhammer (fantasy) and Lord of the Rings tabletop strategy game.

Im gonna go out on a limb here and ask... Are these the same sort of table games which i saw people in classrooms at lunchtimes with crappily painted figures moving them at the roll of a die doing whatever points of damage to whatever ork/mage/troll/wizard/magicman/interceptor the other player has.

If so, i breathe a sigh of relief as i can officially say i no longer am deemed fit for king of geekdom. :)

Same games, except my friends and I never used the little figures and 3D maze blocks to make maps and such--too much work, and we were poor college students anyway. We spent our money on the books and game modules instead of figurines. We also didn't allow stupid piddly rules to get in the way of the story/role-playing, either, so we just made some assumptions on things like encumbrance--you either had the strength to carry it and keep up, or you didn't carry it period. That way we avoided the scenario of the party splitting in half because some people could run ahead and take out the monster while the guys in plate armor could only plod along at half-speed.

Lunch hour was not nearly long enough for us. We geeked out in the college lounge after Sunday lunch or dinner--dice, character sheets, maps, books, Diet Pepsi, junk food and all, because we played hours at a time. And there was no room at the cafeteria lunch tables anyway for all our books and papers and such. We had to put a couple of the lounge's big coffee tables together and pull the chairs and pseudo-sofas around in order to have room to spread everything out. Some of the NPC conversations were hilarious--my friend was a really good DM and quick on his feet, so he could work with anything weird that we threw at him. We had some great times together.

Ah, we played Elfquest a time or 2, too. I'd forgotten about that one, and I love the stories, too.

@RH--only in Berkeley could you pick up strange games like that. The nuns game sounds hilarious. :D

D&D and Star Wars. My favorite story is the time I was playing a Palladin who worshipped a god of healing. The only thing my character's god could not heal was decapitations. It just so happened that the theif in our party was standing behind my Palladin when a Drow suggested to him that I would be a good target for the Vorpal sword in his hand. He rolled a natural twenty, and my head rolled soon after.

It's 40k :p

Fixed...

But RedHawke, you certainly are the champion of tabletop rpgs.

I have played a few, yup, sure, you betcha! ;)

@RH--only in Berkeley could you pick up strange games like that. The nuns game sounds hilarious. :D

It is, but not as hilarious as the classic Creeks and Crawdads that one is just a riot to play... everyone is a Crawdad, there are 2 classes Warrior and Thinker, whomever plays the Thinker has to constantly remind the Warriors not to eat him.

Bar Wars was also very funny...

*looks at Redhawke's list*

Holy crap RH, you're certifiable G.E.E.K. ! :xp:

Damn straight! :D

Archived