Home

Dantooine Community RP Project

starmark2k

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't help myself from jumping in and join the RP after no longer being prohibited to use my computer. (Don't ask)

Just a few thoughts and idea's for the community RP:

So, twelve psychics escaped from the military research facility where they have been trained and most likely genetically enhanced. The facility could be hidden somewhere on the desert continent of Haven, since there aren't any known hazards there except for the drought and there is little to no human presence there, which is perfect for a military base. (Can be anywhere else though^^)

Also, I think there should have been more than 12 of these psychics, just to get a bit of a story in the whole affair. Let's say there were about 18. After 12 of them went mad with thoughts of universal conquest by their home world, the government decided to pull the plug out of the whole project and merely stick to the Twenty as the planet's weapon. (Wildjedi's secret police) Unfortunately, the 6 who were still loyal to Haven and did not share the idea's of their fellow psychics, were killed in their sleep by the chief science officer in charge of the research facility. Among the 6 were two whom were particularly strong in telekinetic powers and one who was the strongest telepath. Their termination however, only increased the twelve's anger towards Haven's current government. To avenge the 6 who were murdered, they swore to take out the governments of all the empires and put their home world Haven as the single capital of all the empires.

After the escape of the twelve psychics, Haven's government quickly dispatched five men of the secret police to track down the twelve fugitives, call for backup and to take them out. Not wanting to reveal their secret experiments to the other empires, (which some of them despised as well) they did not inform the other empires simply because there was no reason to. Yet. The five men of the secret police however, were too eager to test their own powers and their overconfidence resulted in their downfall. When the advisors who were directly involved with the project heard of their demise, they reported the twelve as killed, just so they could preserve their own position in the government.(If the secret police failed, they would have been the ones responsible for the whole mess and would have been kicked out of the government.)

Twenty years after the twelve escaped, a few highly placed government officials from two (or more) empires were assassinated in the most unusual circumstances.(Unusual as in buildings being torn apart as if they were made out of paper, projectile weapons turning against their wielders etc. Use your imagination) When word of the assassinations reached Haven, the advisors realised their mistake and called in a meeting. (Haven only) In the meeting it was decided to ask each of the empires permission to search their zones for the missing twelve psychics. Their request was denied as a result of distrust by the other empires. (Other empires might be afraid of espionage or they simply don’t trust Haven enough to allow them to.) After their request was declined, Haven’s government made another request. They send a message to all of the other empires, telling them that they suspect that the assassinations were most likely committed by strong psychic criminals, who escaped their fate on Haven. Generously, they offer to put a small search party together of members from all the empires and search all of the empires for clues of the assassins whereabouts. This offer sounds fair to all of the other empires and they still aren’t aware how much of a threat these assassins really pose. As a result, each of the empires sends one (or a few) of their most skilled people to be part of the search party. (This way they can keep an eye out on each other, making sure it’s not another case of espionage etc.) The party members will be an expert in one particular skill (let’s say, bounty hunter, explosive expert, pilot, whatever you can think of)

So…..What do you guys think? Is it rubbish or is it useable?

(I Would really love to be one of the party members from Haven btw ^^)

@ Master Archon- Just so you know the Empires have no juristiction within the Independant territories hence there would be no tax on a planet unless set by the person or persons who have claimed it in their own right.

@ TheExile_Hunter- It's very nice but i would prefer the doomsday weapon story... but it isn't entirely up to me.

@ Everyone- So can more people say which one they would prefer to do.

I guess there is something not entirely logical about all of the empires going on a wild goose chase for a bunch of assassins, psychics or not.

The doomsday weapon isn't such a bad idea together with the Equinox terrorist group.

Btw: What is are the currencies used in the empires? Do they all use the same or is it different for each one?

(Or do they trade doomsday weapons for 2 peanuts and a bar of chocolate in the new age?)

The reason for taxation would be to discourage massive colonization of I.T. space, which is probably not wanted; and is probably what the FIC would do if not monitered properly. But I see the point of the empires having no say on the I.T. , so I improved FIC description. Reread it, and tell me what you think of it now, and if it's improved. :whtsmile:

Oh, and I say I like the doomsday idea, along with a small mix of 'The 12' idea.

Well i did a full overhall o the maps and i hope they look better... i also added all the ID planets and bases.

Empire Map

Independant Group Map

Note pirate groups (with the exception of the dark hand) are not connected to hypergates intenionally.

The FIC has control over the independant spacestations as they seem like the most logical group to control them. Also Master Archon will post the name of the planets in each FIC System.

I'll re-do the gate time when i have a chance as it does take time.

Okay, FIC System 1 has: Agape [Love], Bion [Life], Kleos [Glory], and Nikias [Victory].

This system was the first to come under juristiction of the FIC, the colonies being the oldest, and largest, being as large as metropolis's, it's colonists several generations old, some people have never seen the empires or cared to know about them, being born on these colonies and all. These are the few colonies that make decent trouble, but it's still rather peaceful comparatively.

FIC System 2: Agathon [Good], Doros [Gift], and Zopyros [Glowing].

These are the second oldest colonies, being around only several years less than the first four. These colonies are sub-metro (small metropolis) in size, and are less suceptable to trouble, though there still is some trouble. It's people aren't as rooted in these colonies as the first few, but they're still a few generations old, and are, as the first few, losing their heritage, forgetting what the empires are like, ect.

FIC System 3: Ajax [Mourner], and Erebos [Darkness].

These are the second youngest of the colonies, being around ten years older than the last colony. They're around Sub-Urban sized colonies, and are rarely any trouble. These colonies begining years were in a time of trouble, pirates constantly troubled the locals as they tried to settle in; this is where the dreary names of these colonies came from. Surprisingly, these colonies are the most battle ready, even though they cause so little trouble, this is due to their begining years as well. These colonies people are just barely rooted in there existence, they only have two generations, and most remember what the empires were like, so forth, ect. The third generation of people is still coming along, the oldest are only five.

FIC System 4: Creon [Ruler].

This is the youngest colony, made not too long ago, and it's final taxation dues payed off. It's around Urban size, and makes no trouble at all. This colonies people are still in the stages of fully colonizing, people are still registering and being transported in. This doesn't mean the people haven't been there for awhile though, it's already growing a decent second generation, the oldest aroun eight. It's people freshly remember their former life and existence, and can't seem to forget the empires, unlike the other colonies.

Each sytem is constructing yet more colonies, one per system, except the oldest, it's sytem colony capacity filled. The newest colony to be construted, and finished will be in FIC System 2, then it goes down the line from there until each colony system has four colony planets, and have grown to metropolis size. Then the FIC will most likely, even before the last few colonies are finished, will attain another system, and start another set, so on and so on, though eventually this massive growth will be stopped, the GE not wanting excesive amounts of I.T. colonies.

Though the vendeta for these in-construction colonies will take awhile, atleast many more years, so massive expantion is still distant, and unthought of.

There you go starmark2k, hope it fits the bill! :)

Hey SM2k could you somehow put Reydovan somewhere more visited like inbetween many hypergates? Since its like a party cantina place. Just a request.

P.S. I say we should mix the stories a little. Like the Doomsday story with the added affect of the physchics and assassins, which are playing a role in the doomsday activity, or something...

Hey Guys it's about 8:30 in the morning over here in merry old England so i want to take this oportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas. Remember that when you're tucking in to your turkey that all though they taste soo bad that sprouts need love too.

Merry Christmas Dudes...

Ok I completed the Hypergate times Here.

and they are as follows:

Political Hypergate Travel Times

Apollo> Demeter - 6 hours

Apollo> Poseidon- 6 hours

Ares > Poseidon- 3 hours

Hades> Poseidon- 22 hours

Apollo> ISS 1- 32 hours

ISS 1> Nirvana- 25 hours

Ares > ISS 2- 37 hours

ISS 2> Nirvana- 37 hours

Haven> ISS 2- 44 hours

Carad-Galadh> Haven- 37 hours

Carad-Galadh> Lyg-Thond- 5 hours

Haven> New Sahara- 34 hours (Gate believed to be offline)

Annun Amon> Carad-Galadh- 25 hours

New Sahara> ISS 3- 30 hours (Gate believed only to be turned on during scheduled trade)

Annun Amon> ISS 3- 26 hours

Independant Hypergate Travel Times

Aphrodite > Poseidon- 9 hours

FIC Base > ISS 1- 8 hours

Himilaya > Nirvana- 9 hours

Black Hand Base > ISS 1- 8 hours (Gate thought to be offline by all but the Black Hand)

Guellia Arms > Nirvana- 20 hours

Guellia Arms > ISS 2- 22 hours

Guellia Arms > ISS 4- 20 hours

Galactic Academy > ISS 2- 16 hours

Galactic Academy > Leo- 10 hours

ISS 4 > Leo - 8 hours

ISS 4 > Virgo- 8 hours

Galactic Academy > Reydovan- 18 hours

ISS 4 > Reydovan- 22 hours

FIC System 3 > ISS 4- 30 hours

Haven > Reydovan- 9 hours

Haven > Pisces- 11 hours

Fic System 4 > Pisces- 10 hours

ISS 3 > Pisces- 14 hours

Atlas > Gemini- 6 hours

Aquarius > Gemini- 8 hours

Gemini > ISS 5- 8 hours

Gemini > ISS 6- 18 hours

ISS 2 > ISS 5- 21 hours

ISS 5 > Taurus- 18 hours

ISS 6 > Taurus- 21 hours

FIC System 1 > ISS 6- 18 hours

Capricorn > Taurus- 24 hours

Capricorn > FIC System 2- 10 hours

Capricorn > Haven- 20 hours

Greenlanders Base > Haven- 2 hours (Secret Gate built and controlled by Greenlanders)

Carad-Galadh > Jendai- 15 hours

Now hyperdrive will travel a similar distance at two thirds the speed which is another reason people use gates over a drive.

Looking at the mutation sections of the Empire creation sheet post i think we have a problem in the fact that some of them are a but tooo broad and open for interpretation. basically i think we should simplify it quite signifantly giving each empire a maximum of three seperate mutations that can occur naturally and 2 that are engineered. This will also happen with the obvious balancing issue to use comparative examples. Michael Samson, who has no mutations (Which should be the norm as it has only been 1000 years) compared to Shien Ciyagi Ryuu Jendai who has Energy control capabilities, extra long life, 2 times extra strength and other various abilities (This is just an example i am not just singlising Master_Archon out). We should have it so if a situation ever came up when these two should meet the normal human should be able to hold their own in a fight, which just wouldn't happen at the moment.

Obviously this is only my opinion so what do you all think?

Bad idea. I just think we should make sure that everyone has non-overpowered characters. It's no fun if you can't be creative. Besides, M_A has shown that he can play a character like that without overpowering him. And we would hardly be the "normal" people, since we're doing something very important here.

I actually think it's nice to see a range in the characters' abilities. It could bring up some interesting situations in the RP, because, even if you are normal, you could still have skills or knowledge that would make you invaluable. And even if you're fairly powerful (using M_A as an example, sorry) you could still be clueless and a bit of a clutz like Shien.

I go with D_L on this one, and I couldn't explain it better myself! :D

Besides, M_A has shown that he can play a character like that without overpowering him.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! :)

And even if you're fairly powerful (using M_A as an example, sorry) you could still be clueless and a bit of a clutz like Shien.

No need to apolagise, besides, you're right, I always have weaknesses that balance my abilities!

• 2 weeks later...

OK Guys i think now we're up an running this could actually work out well (although time will still tell).

Anyway i would like a banner for Starfields the second age, now i'm really bad at photoshop software so. I would appreciate it if some kind, nice talented people would have a go at makng one or two. We just need a little somthing to advertise this at the moment. You don't get anything from doing it except my thanks and if it is a success you'll be credited with it. So if you want a go at it just post what you did here.

Thank You

Archived