Home

Dantooine Community RP Project

starmark2k

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean a single God?

I was thinking something around United Nations but like Coruscant thing the meeting place where every nation or maybe something with more people than just 4 since 4 people would not really be a United Nations theme.

Maybe some Worlds were split into two or more because they dislike the government, so they rebelled, and after like 500 yewars have rose power and have two evenly matched opposing forces on the same planet. Something along those terms. What you guys think?!

I agree with Starmark. Also I believe in some empires religons, such as Christanity, should be much bigger. They could think that the evalution(sp) powers are gifts from the gods.

This is something to discuss later. At the moment we are discussing the Relationships between the Empires.

Maybe some Worlds were split into two or more because they dislike the government, so they rebelled, and after like 500 yewars have rose power and have two evenly matched opposing forces on the same planet. Something along those terms. What you guys think?![/Quote]

Like Dark Lady said the empires politics have already been decided.

Ok, here's my two cents...

I agree with StarMark's premise that there was a war between two or more of the Empires. Otherwise, there would be no reason to maintain a 'military'. I've come up with three possible causes for this war--trade, genetics, and expansion.

If the Empires are aware of each other, I would assume that there would be some sort of goods trade to start up between them. Of course, with the trading of goods comes competition. A trade dispute (perhaps one Empire 'undercutting' another in the trade of the same product) could be one reason to have a war (or at least a "strong disagreement") between the four Empires. Only problem is deciding what resource is being traded that would lend itself to high competition. Fuel, food, raw materials/resources, (or possibly even 'people', i.e. slavery,) are the things that immediately come to mind, but that doesn't necessarily have to be the case.

The the genetic engineering factor could also be a 'bone of contention' between the Empires and be the reason for establishing 'alliances' between them. The Olympia Federation has outlawed genetic engineering. Pharaz-Gil has not. The Republic of Haven appears to only have had natural evolution, so they might be 'neutral' on the issue. The Ashoka's 'ruling class' is not genetically enhanced, but because their working classes are, they would probably be prejudiced against anyone with mutations or genetic enhancements, viewing them as 'lesser beings' only fit for manual labour tasks.

One last issue might be 'borders.' It seems that all the Empires have plans for future expansion, so there might be a contested region with habitable planet(s) that two or more Empires have laid claim to and fought over. This area could now be the 'neutral' area that StarMark has suggested.

Also, there might be factions out there that are outside of all the Empires' control (i.e. smugglers, pirates, prospectors, explorers, religious zealots, etc.) These people might have formed loose organisations among themselves or perhaps have even established small colonies elsewhere. This would lend to a larger 'council' in the neutral area if they had representation, or at least to having RP characters that would not need to be affilliated with a particular Empire.

To make this more interesting, Jasra, we could make Haven one of the habitable planets in the 'neutral area'. That would explain the existense of their military forces, especially the Twenty. It would also put them slightly at odds with both of the warring empires, even if they insist on being a neutral party (which they would).

I like your Ideas Jasra and Wild so i've had a thought And i think the War should have been a bit like this

About 750 years after colonization Olimpia made first contact with another human colony on the discovery of Haven about 20 years after that they discover Nirvana. Mean while Pharaz-Gil discovered the other colony around the same time as Olympia. Olympia and Pharaz Soon met each other when two exploration ships met near an uninhabited planet, but due to some mis-understanding the olympia ship was destroyed. Olympia sent an investigation team to the region and with help from Haven and Ashoka they found out it was Pharaz-gil. This led to an instant distrust between the Olympians and Pharazians but no further hostilities took place for years.

Around 50 years after the 'incident' a plague broke out on either Haven or Nirvana (possibly both). They plague ridden society(ies) turned to the other colonies for help and both Pharaz and olympia started research into a cure. Pharaz were the first to discover one but the process to create it was expensive and had to charge a high price for them, Unfortunetly the drug was only a temporary cure and the culttures needed a regular 'fix' of the drug. 20 years later Olympia had created a cure, unlike the one developed by Pharaz this completely killed the Plague and was cheaper. This undermining serious annoyed Pharaz-gil.

The war began 30 years later When a second incident happened, both olympia and Pharaz laid claim to a star system full of Resources. Both sides sent military vessels to defend the mining ships, It is not known who shot first as records are sketchy but both sides think it was the other. War was decleared between the two sides. While Ashoka choose to support Olympia, Haven remained neutral in the conflict. The war lasted 50 years before peace was finally decleared.

The treaty had created a buffer zone between the two waring sides, called the independant terrortories, where none of the empires could lay a claim to (alhough both Nirvana and Haven are located in this area). In order to keep diplomatic relations A facility was built on a planet inside the Independant terrortories where a representative is sent once every six months. Although none of the colonies can claim areas in the independant terrortories, a loop hole in the treaty meant that people who cede from a colony can claim planets, systems, nebulas, asteroids or areas of space in their own right. This has lead to factions like pirates, Religious cults, crimminal organizations and independant corporations developing in side the region.

So what do you guys think of it, if you want to edit bits or completly change it let me know.

^^^^

O.K i get the hint.

I'm going to do another three votes...

Q1: Shall we add a fifth Colony ship and Empire. (Note it will be Dark lady's as she was next in line. The ship will have to come from either Africa or Austrailia)

1)Yes from Austrailia

2)Yes from Africa

3)No, Four is enough

Q2: Should we increases the number of colonists on each ship.

1) Yes to two million each

2) Yes to five million each

3) Yes to ten million each

4) No a million is enough

Note Question three will only count if we don't add dark lady's empire.

Q3: Is the 'war story' i came up with OK to be used.

1) Yes

2) No

Q1:

3) No four is enough

Q2:

2) 2) Yes to five million each

Q3:

1) Yes

Q1: Shall we add a fifth Colony ship and Empire. (Note it will be Dark lady's as she was next in line. The ship will have to come from either Africa or Austrailia)

1)Yes from Austrailia

2) Yes to five million each

1) Yes

I won't vote on question one as would be rather unfair. :D

Yes, to two million each

1) Yes

I'll go with the general consensus for Q1: 'Yes' to Australia.

Q2: No, a million is enough. (I mean, there was a nuclear holocaust and anything more than a million people seems to be a bit impractical for a single ship to hold, imo.)

Q3: The 'war' story is fine, but if you add Dark_Lady's Empire to the mix, you can have two empires on either side with Haven as the neutral party.

Ok Apex comes from Austrailia.

For question two we'll meet the options in the middle and make it three million per ship (just to make sure you're aware the RP is based 1000 years so there would be population growth, We'll work out by how much soon as we need to consider alot of things like cloning, if the goverments incouraged large families or limited it like china).

Ok and i've made Apex the Bad guys like DL would like but i just edited the previous one due to the number of yes...

About 750 years after colonization Olimpia made first contact with another human colony on the discovery of Haven about 20 years after that they discover Nirvana. Mean while Pharaz-Gil discovered the other colony around the same time as Olympia and they also found Apex. Olympia and Apex Soon met each other when two exploration ships met near an uninhabited planet, but due to some mis-understanding the Olympia ship was destroyed. Olympia sent an investigation team to the region and with help from Haven and Ashoka they found out it was Apex, This also led to their first meeting with Pharaz-gil. This led to an instant distrust between the Olympians and Apex but no further hostilities took place for years.

Around 50 years after the 'incident' a plague broke out on either Haven or Nirvana (possibly both). The plague ridden society(ies) turned to the other colonies for help and both Pharaz and Olympia started research into a cure. Pharaz were the first to discover one but the process to create it was expensive and had to charge a high price for them, Unfortunetly the drug was only a temporary cure and the culttures needed a regular 'fix' of the drug. 20 years later Olympia had created a cure, unlike the one developed by Pharaz this completely killed the Plague and was cheaper. This undermining serious annoyed Pharaz-gil.

Around the same time of the Cure Pharaz-Gil and Apex began to form a strong aliance with each other as Pharaz needed altronium. Apex managed to profit from the trade as Pharaz started to construct ships and give them a variety of other resources.

The war began 30 years later When a second incident happened, both Olympia and Apex laid claim to a star system full of Resources. Both sides sent military vessels to defend the mining ships, Apex was given the order to attack the Olympia vessel and ensure they take control of the system. War was decleared between the two sides. While Ashoka choose to support Olympia and Pharaz stuck with their allies of Apex, Haven remained neutral in the conflict. The war lasted 50 years before peace was finally decleared.

The treaty had created a buffer zone between the waring sides, called the independant terrortories, where none of the empires could lay a claim to (alhough both Nirvana and Haven are located in this area). In order to keep diplomatic relations A facility was built on a planet inside the Independant terrortories where a representative is sent once every six months. Although none of the colonies can claim areas in the independant terrortories, a loop hole in the treaty meant that people who cede from a colony can claim planets, systems, nebulas, asteroids or areas of space in their own right. This has lead to factions like pirates, Religious cults, crimminal organizations and independant corporations developing in side the region.

(Note this bit is just something i thought would be interesting. It's based a little off of the Soviet union during the Second World War.)

After the initial treaty agreement Apex formed an 'Iron Curtain' around their solar system. No ships would leave or enter their space and it was impossible to communicate in or out of the system. Over time the 'Curtain' has opened a bit for dignetaries from pharaz and some supply ships.

Okay the last part is up to Dark lady so if she likes it let me know, i also need either Wild or Jasra to volunteer their empire for the plague(or both).

Let's leave Haven out of the plague... if they caught it and had to accept the cure, it would put them somewhat at odds with the side that didn't come up with the permanent cure. They are to be fully neutral.

One point I want to make here is that Haven does have a military. It may seem odd since they're a neutral party, but there is a good explanation. The two opposing sides may have fought some of their battles on Haven's surface. The military therefore was created to break up the fighting. In this situation, the Military of Haven does not use traditional weapons. They rely entirely on their teke powers. With their powers, they separated the two warring empires and carted them back to their ships.

Once the two opposing empires were returned to their ships, Haven's government sent each an order: if you're going to fight a war, do it elsewhere. We want no part of it.

The Twenty are an entirely different matter and I'll come up with an explanation for them a little later :p

I'll volunteer Ashoka for the plague. It could be a further reason why their society is separated into the two tiers (Patricians & Grafters).

This could also help in the reason why Ashoka joined in arms with Olympia instead of the other side as they may consider that Pharaz-Gil had exploited them for 20 years and consider Olympia as there saviours.

As for the Place where the Empires (excluding Apex) meet for diplomatic relations, perhaps it could be Haven as they remained Neutral in the War and could provide adequate security.

Now if this is fine with everyone we'll go back to Phase 2 and get into more detail with the Empires.

O.K now we need to go into more detail about the five empires military structures, the best way to do this is for the creators to do this. If you don’t want to you don’t have to and I’ll take another volunteer to do this for you. While the creators do this everyone else can comment on what has been done and start to think about Phase 4.

Phase 4 involves the groups in our universe that are not apart of the government structure. These are Pirate, terrorist cell, Religious cults and even corporations. Because we now have the independent territories these groups can have entire planets, asteroid fields or sectors of space under their control, or perhaps they are a corporation or criminal organization within an empire’s claimed space. Think about there sizes and motives for going into the independent territories if they have done so.

Please do not post any ideas for groups yet as I’m trying to keep this organised for when we finally start the RP.

This is not finished I’m just posting now so the others know how I would like to see theirs. It does not have to be done this way but it does need to be organised so we can understand it. I’ll edit this as when I’ve finished.

Military Structure of the Olympia Federation

Navy: The Navy is made up mainly of Small ‘Star Wings’, which are ships that hold a crew of between three and six. The Navy does contain 12 large Star Ships that have mid-range hyper-drives. The ships are Argonaut, Agamemnon, Bellerophon, Centaur, Chimera, Hercules, Hydra, Minator, Perseus, Theseus, Titan and Trojan. They are in charge of defending the territories off of the surface of the planets, including system and border patrols, pirate hunting and to fight any possible wars.

Poseidon Exploration Fleet (P.E.F): The P.E.F is made up of six Odyssey class star ships known as the Atlanta, Cassandra, Elektra, Helen, Medusa and Oracle. The P.E.F is made up of the Elite Navy personnel and has the best technology at its disposal. Over 100 officers apply to join each year but to make it through the rigorous selection process is rear and often as few as 5 spaces become available to join each year. The P.E.F ships leave for 5 years at time and then have a year downtime, there are always five ships out exploring so only one ship is ever on the year downtime. The ships have been the same class for over 100 years and have a re-fit during their one year downtime.

Planetary Defence: The Planetary Defence is in charge of defending the planet’s surface. It is general practice that a Technician or marine serves a term of at least five years on The Planetary defence before they can go on to the Navy if the wish to. There are 5 military bases on Poseidon 1 on Demeter and The Hades prison facility that fall under the Planetary Defence’s jurisdiction. Each base has a number of Surface to Orbit Weapons(S.O.Ws) to defend the planet from any possible invasions and even occasionally shooting asteroids out of the sky.

Trident: Trident is the Internal and external intelligence services for the Olympia federation. They have one goal “To ensure the freedoms for the people of Olympia…Using any means necessary ”. Officially the agents mainly operate within the empire trying to prevent terrorism and find other foreign agents. Unofficially the ‘spies’ have been infiltrating the other four empires political structures, however with the ‘Iron Curtain’ around Apex they have not even managed to get to New Sahara. Trident also operates many Top-secret Projects within Olympia but these are not known by anyone outside the organisation including the Quorum.

Ranks

All militaries within Olympia use the same ranking system. (Note: my ranks are loosely based on the R.A.Fs. The O# and E# are just there to show who is an Officer and who is enlisted, the numbers are just to show the order.)

(O-11)Marshal of the Olympia Federation Navy: There is only one MOFN in the military. He is not only the head of all three militaries groups but is also the representative at the Atlantan Quorum.

(O-10)Star Chief Marshal: There are three SCMs in the military, 2 are in the Navy and 1 is in command of the Planetary Defence. The Navy commanders are assigned to command the flagship (Titan) and Ares station. In a Combat situation the SCM on board the Titan will take command of a fleet while the one on board Ares can take command of any Ships assigned to defend Ares.

(O-9)Star Marshal: There are 4 SMs in the Navy, 3 in the P.E.F and 2 in the Planetary Defence. Three of the Navy SMs are assigned to ships while the other is in charge of the Apollo research station. All Three P.E.F SMs are assigned to one of the six exploration Ship. One of the Planetary Defence SMs is assigned to command The Demeter defence while the other is on Poseidon.

(O-8)Star Vice-Marshal: There are four SVMs in the navy and three in the P.E.F all of whom assigned to a Star Ship vessel. There are also 2 SVMs in the Planetary Defence, one is the Chief Warden on Hades and one commands a base on Poseidon. The Navy has a fifth Vice Admiral who is in command of the border stations around the Poseidon system.

(O-7)Star Commodore: A Str Cdre is in command of a Star Ship, 8 are in the Navy commanding Navy vessels, 6 are in the PEF and 8 in the Planetary Defence(6 on Poseidon and 1 on Hades and Demeter). A Str Cdre will be in command of the ship although they may have a higher rank on board, The Commodore will be in charge of day-to-day running when a higher rank will take command in combat situations. Planetary defence Str Cdres are in charge of military bases on the colonies they are much like their Navy equivalent with the Star Ships.

(O-6)Group Captain: A Grp Cap Is in charge of a Group of Star Wings(5 squadrons) or marines (1-5 Squads).

(O-5)Wing Commander: A Wg Com is in charge of a squadron of Star Wings(3 vessels) or a squad of marines (10-50 men).

(O-4)Wing Leader: A Wg Ldr is the commanding officer on board a star Wing or the second in command of a marine squad.

(O-3)Flight Lieutenant: Lowest officer rank for a marine and normally only 1 per squad taking up the third Highest command position in a squad. In a Star Wing the Flt Lt is the second in command.

(O-2)Flying Officer: The rank most common inside a Star Wing crew.

(O-1)Pilot Officer: Lowest Officer rank and only used by Star Wing crews (and sometimes given as an honorary rank). Pilot Officers are normally fresh out of the academy and rarely stay at this rank for more than a year.

(E-10)Officer Cadet or Student Officer: If a Marine has showed many achievements and dedication to duty they can become an officer cadet, If they pass the officer selection process they bypass the Star Wing ranks and become flight Lieutenants. As Star Wing crews must be officers they have to go to the Pilot Academy in Ares station on entering they are given the honorary rank of Student Cadet.

(E-9)Warrant Officer: Highest NCO Rank and highest possible rank for Technicians. A warrant officer technician will often be in charge of the ground or deck crew, maintaining Machinery and equipment on board a ship including the Star Wings. Can be Marine or Technician.

(E-8)Master Aircrew: Next Rank up from Flight Sergeant, They can be Marines or technicians.

(E-7)Flight Sergeant: Next Rank up from Sergeant, They can be Marines or technicians.

(E-6)Sergeant: Next Rank up from Corporal, They can be Marines or technicians.

(E-5)Corporal: Lowest Non-Commissioned officer(NCO) rank, Can be Marine or technician.

(E-3)Senior Starman (or Starwoman): Next Rank up from Leading Starman, They can be Marines or technicians.

(E-2)Leading Starman (or Starwoman): Next Rank up from Starman, They can be Marines or technicians.

(E-1)Starman (or Starwoman): The lowest rank in the Militaries, They can be Marines or technicians.

Star Ships

P.E.F Ships: All six P.E.F Star Ships are Odyssey classes. They are the only ships with Long range Hyper-drives that can be used for long periods of time in the Olympia Military. They have the best sensor technology available at the time of their last refit and best available weapons. The Odyssey class is armed with two front mounted Laser cannons (with the exception of the Electra which has two Large Mag-Pulse cannons as Laser technology was still in its testing stage when it was last re-fitted), Two Dorsal Rail Turrets and a front mounted Missile launcher. It also carries a squadron of Piranha Star Wings, a squadron of Swordfish Star Wings and a Humpback shuttle. It has a crew of 20 marines, 23 Star Wing Pilots, 10 Star Wing Technicians, 22 Star Ship engineers and 22 command crew(97).

Titan: A Leviathan class ship and is the Flagship of Olympia, it’s the most heavily armed vessel in the fleet. Although it’s 20 years old it under goes a re-fit every five years and contains the most technological weapons and equipment, including recent emplacements of 4 front mounted Laser Cannons. Other weapons include 2 Mag-pulse Turrets and 1 light rocket launcher on both the port and starboard side, 10 Rail Turrets mounted on top of the ship and two front mounted Missile launchers. There are 1 Piranha Star wing Groups, 2 Swordfish Star Wing Groups,1 Stingray Star Wing Groups and 1 group of Humpback Shuttle Groups. IT has a crew of 200 marines, 285 Star Wing Pilots, 125 Star Wing technicians, 100 Star ship engineers and 200 command personnel(910).

Hercules: A Great White Class Battleship and second in firepower only to the Titan. The ship is the newest and most advanced vessel in the whole of Olympia possibly the galaxy. The ship was made to carry absolutely no ammo and only has energy based weapons. It has 2 starboard laser turrets, 2 port laser turrets, 2 front mounted laser cannons and six top mounted Mag-pulse turrets. There are 2 piranha Star Wing groups, 2 Swordfish Star Wing groups, 2 Stingray Star Wing groups and 1 group of Humpback Shuttle. It has a crew of 60 marines, 396 Star Wing Pilots, 140 Star Wing technicians, 100 Star Ship engineers and 170 Command personnel(770).

Perseus, Bellerophon: Hammerhead Class Vessels are multi task starships made to be able to handle all types of missions. These missions can be anything from working as a temporary science vessel to delivering its marine compliment to a planet where they may be needed. It is armed with Six top mounted Rail gun turrets, 2 front mounted mag-pulse cannons, 1 rear and 1 forward missile launchers. There are 2 piranha Star Wing Groups, 1 Swordfish Star Wing group, 1 Stingray Star Wing group and 1 group of Humpback Shuttle. It has a crew of 450 marines, 240 Star Wing Pilots, 140 Star Wing technicians, 115 Star Ship engineers and 150 Command personnel(1095).

Argonaut, Agamemnon, Theseus, Trojan: Tiger Shark Class vessels are Marine transport vessels, Lightly armed but very fast and manoeuvrable for its size. It only has three top mounted Mag-Pulse turrets as weapons but this is more than sufficient for its uses as the ship is made to transport its large number troops to planets. Unlike the other Battleships the Tiger Shark class is made to land on a planet for troop and ground vehicle deployment. It caries two groups of Humpback shuttles for ship to ship/station transport and many Ground/air vehicle for the marines. It has a crew of 5000 Marines, 60 Star Wing Pilots, 23 Star Wing technicians, 20 Star Ship engineers and 25 Command personnel(5128).

Chimera, Hydra, Minator, Centaur: Basking class vessels that are Star Wing Carriers, mainly made up of several hangers to holds its vast compliment of Star Wings. It is only lightly armed with 2 rocket turrets on both the Port and starboard side but its main defence is its cargo. There are 10 groups of Piranha, Swordfish and Stingray Star Wings. It has a crew of 20 marines, 1950 Star wing Pilots, 1000 Star wing Technicians, 100 Star ship engineers and 30 command personnel(3100).

Star Wings

A star wing Squadron consists of three vessels while a Group consists of five squadrons(15 vessels).

Piranha: The Piranha is a multitask vessel able to fill many roles including Recon, bomber and dogfighter. The piranha can fill these different roles as it has two changeable hard points on each of its wing. The hard points can carry Rocket pods(each pod holds between eight to twelve rockets) and Missile racks(usually carries 2 Trident missiles) for dog-fighting, Heavy bombs (one per hard point), sensor pods and more recently laser cannons(Laser cannons take up both hard points on each wing). The hard point attachments are always balanced so if you have a rocket pod on the inner hard point of the port wing one will also be attached to the inner hard point of the starboard wing. In addition to any extra weapons that can be attached to a hardpoint the Piranha has two front mounted Rail Guns cannons and a Mag-pulse. The Piranha has a short range hyper-drive so it can travel in to deep space if it needs to, but it is also small enough to travel through Hyper Gates, so it is often sent out on missions for days. A Piranha is made up of three rooms the bridge, Airlock and cabin. The bridge id where the crew control the ship and where all instrument readouts are located, The airlock is between the Cabin and Bridge, and the Cabin has a sleeping bag (as the piranha has no gravity a bed wouldn’t work) a small food hydrator and a gun cupboard. It’s crewed by three Officers a Pilot, Co-Pilot and operations officer. The Pilot flies the ship and is often in command of the vessel, the operations officer is in charge of navigation and sensor, while the Co-Pilot is in charge of redirecting power during combat and covering the Ops or pilot positions while they sleep.

Swordfish: A Light Assault vessel made to combat smaller ships, it is the fastest and most agile Star Wing. The ship is incapable of entering Hyperspace on its own so it is carried in one of the Star Ships, but it is small enough to travel through a Hyper-gate if it needs to. The ship is armed with two in hull rocket launchers, 2 Rocket pods and three Rail gun cannons. It has a crew of 4, 1 Pilot, 1 Co-pilot, 1 Main gunner and 1 Ops officer.

Stingray: A Heavy Assault vessel made for bombing and assaulting larger ships or space stations. Like the Swordfish it has no Hyperdrive of it’s own and needs to be transported long distances with the aid of Star Ships or Hyper-gates. The ship is armed with one Rail cannon, three Mag-Pulse cannons, four missile racks and a bomb-dropping bay (carries twelve heavy bombs). Has a crew of 6, 1 Pilot, 1Co-pilot, 1 Ops officer, two bomb crew and a Main gunner.

Humpback: A Star Wing Shuttle made for transport of Marines. The shuttle is capable of entering atmosphere to land on a planets surface and forcibly boarding enemy spacecraft. With no weapons of its own it needs to be escorted when used in combat situations. It can carry 20 armed marines and has a crew of a pilot and Ops officer. The shuttle can also be used as a standard shuttle to transport personnel or crew between ships, planet and space stations. It has no Hyper-drive of its own and must use Hyper-gates or other Ships to travel long distances.

Dolphin: A Star Wing Shuttle made for transporting passengers and cargo long-distances, unlike the Humpback it has a small short range hyperdrive. It is only assigned to space stations and bases as it is not considered necessary to have them on board star ships. It has a crew of 1 pilot, 1 co pilot and an ops officer, It can carry 30 passengers.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived