Home

Echoes of Darkness

Here is a preview of the Echoes of Darkness. This is Prologue, set before Part I Lehon (aka Rakatan Prime from KOTOR). Enjoy.

echoesofdarknessed4.jpg

Star Wars

Echoes of Darkness

Four months have passed, since the JEDI EXILE, SERA TANA and her companions have gone their separate ways. Sera and her two DROIDS, the ASSASSIN DROID, HK-47 and the UTILITY DROID, T3-M4 are on their way to the planet, LEHON, where rumours have spread about a certain person being on the planet at some point, during the JEDI CIVIL WAR.

On the planet of TRAMOND XXV, a SITH LORD is planning to find the Exile with the help of his personal SITH LORDS, DARTH SION and his old JEDI MASTER, NAUK GRELAN, who are also obsessed with the Exile and her adventures.

Meanwhile, ten years ago, before the events of the MANDALORIAN WARS, a JEDI MASTER and his PADAWAN fall out, because of going to the war with the fallen JEDI KNIGHTS, REVAN and MALAK

Prologue

“There is no emotion, there is peace.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

There is no passion, there is serenity.

There is no chaos, there is harmony.

There is no death, there is the Force.”

- The Jedi Code

On the Republic planet of Coruscant, inside one of the many training rooms in the Jedi Temple, the Twi’lek Jedi Master, Nauk Grelan sat, deep in meditation. Nauk was one of the greatest Jedi Masters in the Jedi Order, who had been trained under Zhar Lestin, another Twi’lek Jedi Master. He had a dark, purple skin colour and blue eyes. His clothing was a Jedi robe, like every single Jedi in the Order. His particular robe was a blue coloured robe, similar to his master’s robe. Around his waist was his belt, which held his two important weapons. Two Lightsabers. A Lightsaber was the most important weapon in the Jedi Order and every Jedi used one, or in Nauk’s case, two.

“Master!” Someone shouted, “Master Grelan!”

Nauk’s eyes opened and behind him, he sensed his apprentice, Quallan. Quallan was a young Human apprentice in the Jedi Order. He was Nauk’s first and only apprentice who he taught. Nauk stood up and turned to bow towards his apprentice. His apprentice bowed back.

“Master Grelan, I have something to tell you.” He told his master.

“Go on,” Nauk asked his apprentice, wondering what he was going to tell him.

“Revan and Malak are leaving to help the ailing Republic against the Mandalorians,” He told Nauk, “And I’m one of the many who have decided to help them.”

Nauk immediately shook his head in dismay.

“No Padawan, you cannot join Padawans, Revan and Malak,” Nauk advised, “Heed the wisdom of the Jedi Council and stay with the Order.”

“Why?” Quallan asked, sounding slightly rude.

Nauk turned away from Quallan and looked out of the window to see Revan and Malak outside of the Jedi Temple, with many students from the Order. By the looks of the way he stood, he looked like he was giving an announcement. Nauk sighed, before returning to speak with Quallan.

“I beg of you, please remain here and wait for the right moment…”

“Right moment?” Quallan asked, his anger rising, “Master, this is the right moment! Millions of innocent people are dying!”

“There is no emotion, there is peace,” Nauk interrupted, reciting the first line of the Jedi Code.

“Master, the Jedi Code is flawed!” Quallan shouted at his master, “I thought Jedi were keepers of the peace!”

“That doesn’t make us soldiers, my young Padawan,” Nauk told him, “The Jedi are aware of the situation, but we can’t aid the Republic, until the time is right,” He paused to think on into the future, “It will not be long, until that time arrives.”

Quallan ignited his blue Lightsaber and struck at his master, but Nauk immediately blocked Quallan’s Lightsaber with his yellow and purple Lightsabers.

“Calm yourself Padawan!” Nauk warned, remembering to keep calm with the Jedi Code, “Come to your senses.”

Quallan switched off his Lightsaber and returned it to his belt. Nauk also returned his Lightsabers to his belt. The master and apprentice stood and stared at each other, shocked at each other’s behaviour. After two minutes of silence, Quallan ended the silence.

“I will not change my mind master. I’m going to help those who need it most and you are not going to stop me!”

Quallan stormed off, leaving Nauk alone once again. Nauk closed his eyes and muttered another line from the Jedi Code to himself.

“There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.”

Nauk then returned his view to see Revan and Malak, along with their army ready to leave Coruscant and fight the Mandalorians. Nauk felt ashamed for his apprentice, as he left the meditation room.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks very much Nihilus. I'm glad the Prologue has interested you. Hopefully, by the end of November (Depending on how school goes), I can post the majority of the Fic (Once I finish five of the ten parts, I'll post the Fic).

What? The major part won't come out until end of Nov.? [Patting my LCD monitor and cleaning my eyes] Man! This is a long time!

I sure hope you to post it ASAP, but no rush, please. I know writing is joyful and I don't want to spoil your fun.

BTW: I'm sorry, but I don't think I can help you on anything, so I'll stay tuned on this post and give you some of my opinions. If you need my help, don't hestitate to PM me immediately.

Thanks for the support guys. Here is a little FAQ I made:

Echoes of Darkness FAQ

Q: What is Echoes of Darkness?

A: Echoes of Darkness is a Fanfic written by me (Pottsie), set after Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. I believe the Fic is set a month after the TSL events.

Q: Which characters from the previous games will return?

A: The Jedi Exile, of course and the two Droids seen in both of the games. Canderous Ordo (aka Mandalore) will also make an appearance in Part I Lehon. And someone who hunted the Exile in the previous game will also return. Carth Onasi and Bastila Shan may also return. Revan however won't make an appearance, but don't let this put you off. Revan will be mentioned from time to time. Any other characters won't appear, unless I update this part of the FAQ.

Q: When will Echoes of Darkness be released?

A: If all goes according to plan, the first lot will be released late November and all of December, hopefully making it a Christmas release, so you can read this during those cold winter nights. And no, I'm not taking a leaf out of Lucas' book.

Q: How can I help?

A: PM me with the subject title as Echoes of Darkness and I'll read it and try to answer. Currently, we need a Hutt crimelord who has taken over the Exchange on Sleheyron. At the moment it is Vogga and he isn't really that evil and Slobba from my other Fic was killed, so it wouldn't make sense for him to return. I never liked Force Sensitive Hutts anyway. And for all those with creative talent, feel free to PM a medium sized banner with Echoes of Darkness. Be creative!

Q: What do I get for helping?

A: Credit in the Fic Credits, when I manage to get the FIN version into the Jedi Archives.

Q: Will LucasForums be the only Forums with this Fic on?

A: Depends. Since I'm not on many Forums, someone from another Star Wars Forum can post this, as long as it says that I wrote it and it provides a link to the original Thread.

Q: Will there be any sequels or spinoffs on this?

A: It is possible, since I've planned a sequel of an older, wiser Exile, telling the reader a story of one of her many battles, during the Mandalorian Wars, making it a prequel. This is still pending as a Fic or an RP, depending on how popular this Fic is. More updates on that, when I finish Echoes of Darkness. Spin-offs will include the Exile meeting Santa himself, since it is nearing the Christmas season and other than that, nothing else at the moment.

More possible updates on the FAQ soon.

Ha, ha! That's my first time to see a formal FAQ in the forum other than mods. But however, it's a good idea.

Actually the first FAQ I saw in the Forums was the one about asking about KOTOR III in the Unknown Regions. That is where I got the idea and I thought this would help me get rid of the FAQ thought in my head. Thanks CSI.

Actually the first FAQ I saw in the Forums was the one about asking about KOTOR III in the Unknown Regions. That is where I got the idea and I thought this would help me get rid of the FAQ thought in my head. Thanks CSI.

Awww, don't mention it, Pottsie. Not a problem.

Pottsie, come on what's it gonna hurt if they know the name of the Hutt? But do what you want as the Hutt no longer belongs to me.... he belongs to your story. :D

You still get the credit for making him RevanSithMaster. Oh and the name and the Bio of the Hutt is:

Yeshinal the Hutt - Male, obsessed with Twilek Dancers and Human Female Dancers, Slobbers all the time, likes the site a human body shriveled up and the human blood, Declares himself King of that sector of the Galaxy, eats constantly (absolute non-stop), and has Trandoshan Thugs (body guards).

That's not what I was trying to accomplish but thank you, I just didn't see anything wrong with letting people know the name of the Hutt.

Well I suppose, but sometimes, revealing small details like that wrecks things for people. I mean, consider KOTOR when:

When you find out your PC is Revan.

And I agree, Christmas is my favourite time of the year too. Thanks. I think I've inspired members (CSI and Grivis) to have Christmas Avatars and Sigs. I'm changing the Avatar, once 2007 is here.

Part I Lehon has been completed (Although the last two Chapters are rushed) and I'm starting Part II Coruscant. Once I've completed about three Parts, I shall post them for you.

[Objection+Force Persuade]Well, Pottsie, you should post the Part 1 on this before you go on to Part 2. We really want to read the new parts, esp. me.

Oh, yeah, I have to admit, you inspired me to change my avartar into Christmas avartar. Thank you for that.

[Objection+Force Persuade]Well, Pottsie, you should post the Part 1 on this before you go on to Part 2. We really want to read the new parts, esp. me.

Oh, yeah, I have to admit, you inspired me to change my avartar into Christmas avartar. Thank you for that.

[success]I will post the first... [Failure] No, no I won't! I want to keep you all waiting! And about the Christmas Avatar, no problem.

Updates (Some spoilers, read at your own risk):

Part I Lehon is thirteen pages long.

HK-47 and T3-M4 are with the Jedi Exile.

The Ebon Hawk is still in the possession of the Jedi Exile.

Canderous Ordo (Mandalore) makes an appearance.

Keeper Orsaa makes a cameo.

No more spoilers on Part I, since there is a lot more, those are just some of the spoilers.

[success]I will post the first... [Failure] No, no I won't! I want to keep you all waiting! And about the Christmas Avatar, no problem.

snipped for brevity

OK. That's enough...Well, maybe I still need to get some Wisdom.

Thirteen pages? You kidding me? My CSI: Coruscant Episode 1 is about thirteen pages, too...It's going to be a long fiction, right?

But the question here:

Who is "Keeper Orsaa"?

But the question here:

Who is "Keeper Orsaa"?

Read about him here. I myself don't know anything about him, but since he was a minor character in KOTOR, I would thought it would be good to use him and see if anyone remembered him. I might make a minor cameo apperance of Adum Larp from both KOTOR and TSL, someone from TSL is already in the Fic, in later Chapters. But he isn't a minor character.

Read about him here. I myself don't know anything about him, but since he was a minor character in KOTOR, I would thought it would be good to use him and see if anyone remembered him. I might make a minor cameo apperance of Adum Larp from both KOTOR and TSL, someone from TSL is already in the Fic, in later Chapters. But he isn't a minor character.

Oh, you mean Orsaa is a major character in your fic? That will be nice...Well, another question, will Malak and Nihilus appear in your fic and will they be redeemed?

[Off topic:]

Oh, by the way if you want to redeem any Sith, why don't you try this out--

redeemer.jpgREDEEMER

Even played UT before?

Archived