Home

Echoes of Darkness

Sorry for the short Chapter, but it is once again, part of the plot. I've decided to leave the Chapter making you want more too.

Chapter XI - The Interrogation

"Bring 'em on! I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around!"

- Han Solo

As Sera’s eyes slowly opened, everything seemed blurry. It reminded her about the times when she got drunk at cantinas. The result was always the same. There was always a hangover. That was how she felt right now. Sera noticed that Nauk was half asleep, although he was aware that Sera was still awake. Sera kept hearing announcements outside the interrogation room she was in. It sounded like Vaklu, trying to bring the Onderonians to his side. All Sera kept hearing were lies about how reliable he was and how Onderon would never be attacked by the Sith and would no longer be involved with the Republic and the Jedi, due to the fact that they were evil. Lies. All of what Vaklu was saying were lies.

“Someone is coming,” Nauk whispered to Sera.

Nauk was right and the large brown door opened. A hooded figure walked into the interrogation room. He pulled his hood down and Sera knew who it was.

“Sion!” She shouted, “This is impossible, you’re…”

Sera was interrupted by a hard punch by Sion.

“You’re still the same Exile!” Sion shouted at Sera, “You fought exactly the same on Lehon.”

“You!” Sera shouted, trying to break free from her chains.

“I’d advise you to save your strength,” Sion warned Sera, “Your Jedi Master friend here has already wasted his energy trying to escape.”

“Where’s Vaklu?” Sera asked, anger rising within her.

“Somebody’s getting awfully angry aren’t they?” Sion asked, in a mocking tone, “Goodbye Exile.”

Sion left the room, leaving Sera and Nauk alone. Suddenly he turned back round and spoke again.

“Why are you here?” He asked.

“None of your business,” Nauk warned, still half asleep.

Sion punched Nauk in the stomach.

“Tell me!” He shouted, “Or next it will be my Lightsaber through your heart.”

“I sensed a disturbance in the Force,” Nauk admitted, “The dark side has tainted this…”

“Bah, I don’t care what you say,” Sion told him, “This planet is the dark side, it’s just you Jedi and the people of Onderon don’t know it. Goodbye to you both. I have other matters that require my attention”

Sion left the room.

“Well that wasn’t much of an interrogation” Sera told Nauk.

Gracia Dulgon, a female Zabrak bounty hunter ran through the deserted streets of Iziz. She knew that her bounty was nearby. While General Vaklu was bringing the Onderonian people to his side, she decided to take her chance to capture the Exile. With the Exchange defeated, Gracia knew that the Exile was going to be worth a lot more. The interrogation tower was directly above her. Gracia got out a grappling hook and shot at a pillar. The grappling hook wrapped itself around the pillar and Gracia pulled herself up. Her useful gear was why she always managed to get around. The door was locked, so Gracia decided to find a window, so she could capture the Exile.

Nauk finally woke up and the two Jedi knew their fate. Sion would convert them to the dark side and if that didn’t work, then he would kill them straight away. Sera heard a noise and turned to see a Zabrak. She had her finger over her mouth, warning them to keep quiet. She started using a lock pick to unlock the lock and let Sera and Nauk go.

“Who are you?” Sera asked as quietly as possible.

“I’m Gracia Dulgon,” She told Sera, “I’m a bounty hunter, who was after you, since you landed on Nar Shaddaa. I would capture you and take you to Nar Shaddaa right away, but since you’ve got nearly all of Onderon against you, I’ll let you leave and once you die, I can take you both to Nar Shaddaa.”

She leapt out of the interrogation room and Sera and Nauk were once again alone, with no weapons. The door suddenly opened.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again, interesting. The only bad thing is that you're trying too much to write down a game, or a movie script. That's something I learned in my four-fic-long-experience :D to be a mistake. My advice would be not to rush it. Don't hurry in writing a new chapter just because people here say they want more. Take as much time as you need to write it down and be completely satisfied with what you wrote, if the people here really liked it, they'll wait one, or even a few days longer to read more. :)

Exactly, i completely agree. Two good chapters, although, the last chapter's title is misleading, there was no interrogation. :xp:

Thanks for the comments both. I'll probably edit that Chapter and make an interrogation. I'll try not to rush it in the future.

Edit: I've added a small interrogation on the previous Chapter.

Well , those sketch markers I bought have a sharp smell of alcohol in their inkt , maybe I should keep my distance :p lol.

ANyway great stroy Potter , wait no , spottie , no .. Pottsie's .

Darn your name is difficult spell .

:lol: keep it going pottsie , can't wait to see more .

Thanks Quannfdh (I'm kidding Quanon). Let's not spell each other's usernames incorrectly. Also, I may do an RP version of this Fic, after I've completed the Fic. It could be an entirely different story, but I don't know how it could work. Or I could go with my original idea and do a Prequel/Sequel.

Hmm, well, atleast a small interrogation is better than none. :xp:

Also, Sion doesn't seem as he was in TSL, i don't think that is his character and way of speaking.

Well my only excuse is the Exile has changed him. I mean in TSL, the Exile has an effect on people and I wanted that to happen with Sion. But he will be his aggressive self soon.

Sith baddy's always started as human / alien goodguy , so there's always part of the past that stay's with them . Besides this is an nice build-out of Sion's character . If I remember it good , the only thing he did in the TSL was threating you or one of your companions . ( Can't really call that dialog :) )

Anyway it's your Fic Pottsie , if you want bunny and roasted turkey than its possible that it happend . :lol:

Thanks for the comments all and CSI, I didn't mean for that scene to be similar to that part in TSL, but similar to the first level of Istanbul on the Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb game. I mean the KOTOR series has a lot of similarities with each other. When I release the Triva, you'll find out. The next Chapter won't be out for a while, but I'll try and get it out as soon as possible.

Sorry for another short (And maybe rushed) Chapter everyone. This Chapter title was first used by Sabretooth in his Fic, Victim Of Betrayal. It was used, because Onderon sounded like on the run.

Chapter XII - On the Run

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force. The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined: the crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one."

- Luminara Unduli

Two guards were loyal to Vaklu entered. One ran towards Nauk, while the other ran towards Sera. Sera knew that they had weapons, so Sera used the Force to pull their blasters away from them. The two guards were shocked, but before they could run off, Sera immediately shot them both. She knew that she would have to keep her blaster rifle for a while, until she and Nauk retrieved their inventory. As Sera and Nauk ran out into the open, several guards greeted them. Both Sera and Nauk shot the guards, using the Force to avoid the blaster shots.

“Now what?” Sera asked, as soon as all the guards were defeated.

“We need to find Queen Talia,” Nauk told her, “And I know where she would hide. The underground library. Now come on!”

Nauk sped off and Sera sighed. An underground library? Now that was new. In all her time as an exile, during her travels around the Outer Rim, she had never been into an underground library before. Sera managed to catch up with Nauk, as he found the security room, where their entire inventory had been kept. Sera and Nauk nodded to each other, before Nauk kicked the door down. The security guards inside were confused and shocked. They did nothing.

“Err…” One began, “Hello.”

“Hello,” Nauk replied, immediately shooting them all.

Sera grabbed all their gear and threw the blaster rifle on the floor.

“So uncivilised,” She told Nauk.

“Agreed,” He told Sera, the two Jedi leaving the room.

Luckily for the two Jedi, the citizens of Iziz were still listening to Vaklu’s lies, in the distance. Nauk seemed to know where he was going. Soon he and Sera stopped in the middle of a street.

“What is it, why are we stopping?” Sera asked, sounding exactly like one of her companions from a while ago.

“Hush!” Nauk whispered sharply, “This is the spot where the underground library is located. Don’t say you can’t see anything, but if you concentrate, this is one of the places in Onderon where the dark side is located. Close your eyes and feel the Force flow around you. Particularly the hatred and oppression that Onderon has suffered from, because of this underground library.”

As Sera closed her eyes, Nauk’s speech reminded her of someone.

“You speak of the dark side,” Sera told Nauk.

“Do I?” Nauk asked, not really caring about what Sera was saying, “One must study the ways of both the light and the dark side.”

“But Exar Kun studied the dark side and he was defeated, because of it,” Sera told Nauk.

Nauk ignored her as he knelt down and used the Force to lift several bricks off the floor. They floated in midair, innocently, before Nauk threw them behind him.

“You go first Exile,” Nauk told her, “Vaklu and especially Sion will be after your blood more than mine.”

Sera had no choice, but to jump down into the dirty underground below. She used the Force to slow herself down in the air, to save herself getting injured. Shortly after, Nauk followed. Sera noticed that they had both landed in dirty, green water. This was not her idea of heaven and she of all people, hated getting wet. She hoped Nauk knew what he was doing.

“Come,” Nauk whispered, “Much there is, to be explored.”

He ran off, with Sera travelling behind him.

Now now Pottsie, you've got to understand that even rushed chapters made by you are still good chapters. :p

Well at least I know that. Just to let you all know, that the Chapter I released today might be the last for a while, since I won't be able to use my computer for a while and I might be offline for a while, unless I can get ahold of another computer, which is possible. Thanks for the comment Jason.

Agreed, but Nauk is the one who killed them not Sera.... but if you'll pay attention Nauk is sorta like Kreia but wanting Death and not deception. He says that you must study all aspects of the Force just as Kreia had told the Exile, once upon a time. Kreia was a Sith Lord who had hid her presence by acting like a Jedi, so I'm guessing that Nauk will to..... I'm suspecting he will wind up falling to the Dark Side just as Kriea did.

Hey Pottsie it's a great fic, but in my opinion it's based to heavily off of TSL

Thanks RSM (RevanSithMaster), igyman and Grivis for the comments. I'll try to answer some points.

@RSM: Yes, Nauk is similar to Kreia, but not in every way. Will he fall to the dark side? Only time will tell. And about this Fic being based off TSL, TSL was based off KOTOR. Hopefully, it won't all be similar to TSL.

@igyman: Nauk is a grey Jedi, since he is calls himself (Or will call himself) an exile, similar to the Exile. The reasons why are found out later in this Fic. Sera however, only killed the guards, since Nauk did. Besides, she kills all of Vaklu's men in TSL as a LS.

Archived