Home

Situation: Comedy, You Thoughts.

Samnmax221

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what do you guys think the uber plot is? Obviously the ending is the biggest hint, but there's reason to believe the rats play a role too. Also, I don't know if the fact that Peepers wants revenge on Specs/goes to Rushmore was significant or just a throwaway gag.

There's not enough Sam & Max discussion on the Sam & Max forums.

Well....

At first I thought the suggestion that Myra might be hypnotized was a a joke about last episode, she certainly doesn't look as possessed as The Soda Poppers. Have no idea what The Toy Mafia might be but I hope it involves massive Sewer environments and a Air boat, I'm sick of seeing the same old street for large portions of the game. All Three Soda Poppers can be called up on the Myra show so I doubt the Rushmore thing holds any credence.

They fed me a Ketchup Cake!

I'm hoping an upcoming game involves the murder of The Soda Poppers

The mention of the petition almost made me laugh

I like makin' spoiler tags

Not going to tell us what you think?

Heh, sorry. I don't have anything dramatically unique to say. I liked it, and this one seemed somewhat more paced like the comic books than the first one; with what felt like little self-contained subepisodes. The structure might not be everyone's cup of tea, and the puzzles seemed pretty easy this time around, but I still found it very entertaining.

Few more things that kind of bug me.

• The Dialog system isn't nearly as good as the one in Hit the Road, although Sam doesn't say exactly what the text say it still gives you some idea of what is going to be said, since much of the humor of the comic comes from Sam or Max saying something unexpected this doesn't quite work.
  • Dialog trees aren't deep enough.
  • We could use some Red Herrings to make it harder.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been massively disappointed with the whole thing so far. It doesn't feel like the writers really "get" Sam & Max, and neither episode took me more than two hours to beat. I was hoping for challenge and, more importantly, to laugh more. Oh well, maybe it'll pick up as the series continues.

Archived