Home

Did you need a Walkthrough?

The Sith'ari

I find the maps of this game pretty confusing most of the time, and there's no way I could have made it without a walkthrough. IMO, the mission boards aren't very clear in what I'm supposed to do and where to go next. I think it's one of the things that make this game fascinating, how you really have to figure out a way out, but this could be extremely frustrating at the same time without a guide. Are you guys so smart that you didn't need any walkthroughs to complete the game, and even find the secret areas? And do you think the next JK instalment (should there be one) should improve on that?

I enjoyed Outcast more than Academy myself. I didn't use a walkthrough, but there were two or three spots that took me a while to figure out. Even though I've finished the game at least 4 times, these same spots continue to give me trouble. Oddly enough I have everything but these spots memorized now.

• 1 month later...

I had to use a walkthrough a few times to get through JO. I enjoyed the levels in JO much better than JA. JO is still my favorite game. I'm playing through Dash Rendar's Resurgance that I downloaded a few years ago and I'm stuck. This is my second time playing it. I wish I had a walkthrough for it.

I needed a walkthough for JO, yeah :p It was that Artus Mine level that started it. After that I consulted the walkthrough when I needed to, which I confess was fairly regularly. I have no patience with games. That's what put me off Dark Forces and Jedi Knight the first time round; the moment the levels become non-linear and I actually have to think, I lose interest :p

Having said that, even I was disappointed at how easy Jedi Academy was to finish. Still love the game, just with the levels could have been a bit... bigger?

So to answer your question, you're not alone. Walkthroughs aren't cheating - cheat codes are cheating :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I had to use a walkthrough a few times to get through JO. I enjoyed the levels in JO much better than JA. JO is still my favorite game. I'm playing through Dash Rendar's Resurgance that I downloaded a few years ago and I'm stuck. This is my second time playing it. I wish I had a walkthrough for it.

If you're still stuck on the Dash Rendar mod PM me and I'll help you out :)

I didn't use a walkthrough for Jedi Outcast but I did go around in circles more than a few times. I used one for Dark Forces II because I was in a rush to finish it to have some background on Kyle Katarn and it was tougher in my opinion.

Archived