Home

[RP Thread] STAR WARS: Era of Darkness

Dark_Lady

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shuji exited the building swiftly, and melded himself into the crowd. He kept walking, not too sure where he was going, he felt as though his empathy were pulling him somewhere, so he followed.

After several minutes of walking, Shuji was joined by a tall woman who appeared to be in her mid-twenties. Without really giving him the chance to examine her, she nudged him lightly to one side and then through a doorway. A faint glimmer of light touched her violet eyes before the door closed, sealing them in complete blackness. For what seemed like at least a minute, there was no noise whatsoever.

"Hello, Shuji!" a voice suddenly said cheerfully. It was exactly the voice used by the 'ditz', Merideth Haver. Then, the airy voice deepened slightly and took on a far less playful tone. "You wanted to meet Katya. Now, you are."

The lights came on, revealing the woman who had nudged him aside in the street. In all respects, she looked human, but to anyone with a trained eye, there was a distinctly 'un-human' light in her eyes, something suggesting that she was far older than the twenty-five years she claimed.

"I am Katya," she said. "And as I'm sure you have already deduced, I am also Merideth Haver." She seemed just faintly amused. "To do business anonymously, I rely on various disguises of body and speech."

Fixing her cool violet eyes on his eyes, she went on, "Few people have ever seen me. Many who have no longer live." She angled her head to one side and smiled faintly. "But you interest me. I expect you to live on, quite healthy for many more years to come and you can expect no interference on that lifespan from me."

Withdrawing to a set of two chairs on the other side of the room, she sat and gestured for Shuji to do the same. "In the Chancellor's office, you mentioned a job with which you could use my help."

The whole ordeal with being nudged into a room with a strange woman was a bit of a shock to Shuji, though he calmed immediately when the woman did nudge him, because he caught insightful glimpses due to his empathy.

At the end of the statements from Katya, Shuji sat down in the second chair. He pondered her comments for awhile, then he spoke up in his dry, menacing voice.

"How are you so certain I will live a long life? I sense the future holds perils, and as the future ever changes, I feel the faint premonisions of death. How are you so sure I'll live to see peace in my life once again?" He asked.

"As for the business I spoke of, well, I will not reveal that immediately. I first want to know your skills, your capabilities, your exploits, so I know that I am paying for the right person," Shuji stated.

Shuji recalled one more thing Katya stated, responding to it as well. "Why is it that I interest you so much, dear Katya? Is it because I am neither Jedi nor Sith, yet I have been both? Or is it because you think I'm good looking?" Shuji quiped, he was one to inwardly entertain himself when it came to conversing with others, no matter how serious the conversation.

The whole ordeal with being nudged into a room with a strange woman was a bit of a shock to Shuji, though he calmed immediately when the woman did nudge him, because he caught insightful glimpses due to his empathy.

At the end of the statements from Katya, Shuji sat down in the second chair. He pondered her comments for awhile, then he spoke up in his dry, menacing voice.

"How are you so certain I will live a long life? I sense the future holds perils, and as the future ever changes, I feel the faint premonisions of death. How are you so sure I'll live to see peace in my life once again?" He asked.

Again, the trace of a smile. "There is much more to me than meets the eye," she said. Recalling his empathy, she added, "Or the touch."

"As for the business I spoke of, well, I will not reveal that immediately. I first want to know your skills, your capabilities, your exploits, so I know that I am paying for the right person," Shuji stated.

Shuji recalled one more thing Katya stated, responding to it as well. "Why is it that I interest you so much, dear Katya? Is it because I am neither Jedi nor Sith, yet I have been both? Or is it because you think I'm good looking?" Shuji quiped, he was one to inwardly entertain himself when it came to conversing with others, no matter how serious the conversation.

Katya laughed. "You interest me for many reasons and you have only named a few," she said. "Your neutrality is notable, as is your apparent control of both sides." With a playful wink, she added, "And yes, you are somewhat attractive... I've bet better, I've met worse."

Raising an eyebrow, she went on more seriously, "However you interest me also because you call on someone like me to do a job for you."

Leaning forward, she finished, "But you interest me further because you're still a puzzle to me..." Leaning back, she smirked and said, "but I'll let you use your imagination to decide what I mean by that."

Archived