Home

[RP Thread] STAR WARS: Era of Darkness

Dark_Lady

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scev wasn't a shy guy, but he wasn't one who would speak openly. The two of the Jedi stared at each other for a moment, when Scev finally decided to reply.

"Your in the way." he signified, Scev was trying to get a good look at the holocron that seemed to of been pulling him in somehow.

((Okay, Aida, in order to get into the locked office, you need to be, ummm, let in. Edit your first post so you talked to the guard like everyone else did, (except Scev, who just followed Narthen). Say Diath invited you over (which he did). He'll let you in, because Diath will tell him to. You go into a lift, and it takes you to the office. Then it'll be good. You don't need to change what you did, it was fine, just clarify how you got here. :D

Please, don't control people's characters either. Sometimes, people might not want to turn towards someone for one reason or another. And sorry on behalf of Narthen. He's going to be grumpy at Damien for a long time just because it's in his character to not like his type of personality. Nothing personal. Nice to see you in the RP. Another active person, yeah! :D))

Diath opened the door to let another Jedi in, and Narthen cringed inwardly as he heard the voice speak up behind him. "Hi guys, what's up, I feel something strange in the Force."

No, no, Force no, not him.

"You're in the way," Scev said to the new arrival.

He's always in the way, Narthen thought. He glanced at Diath, disapproval written in every aspect of his face. "You couldn't find anyone a little more competent and a little less prone to hallucination?" his expression clearly said.

Diath looked back for a moment, as if about to repeat "Don't underestimate people" for the hundredth time.

"Welcome, Damien," he said. "I'm glad to see you could make it." Narthen turned around, his annoyed expression mostly obliterated from his face. Well, Damien had managed to arrive this time. That was one thing in his favor.

((Incidentally, when Narthen looks towards Diath really annoyed, he's facing directly away from Damien.))

Scev could read his master's mind like a book, more or less because of the expressions that he puts on his face all the time. He was obviously annoyed.

Scev walked pasted Damien and up to the desk of Diath, not caring about the other people around him. He stared at the holocron, looking deeply into it. He thought he heard words in his mind, but he wasn't sure...

"Join us."

((Would my character have been invited to this meeting?))

Master San'kra walked into an empt training room, he went over to the only console in the room and Initiated a dueling programme. Two Droids came out of a metal door at the far end of the room.

San'kra turned to face them and dropped his outer robes onthe floor just off of the dueling mat. He removed both lightsabres from his belt and ignited the blades, on doing this the two droids both activated their lightsbres.

"Cool lots of people is this like a party" he joked. "But more seriously" he said his smiley face going straight. "What's going on a got a message meet Diath and the other Jedi at office and there was no more."

Damien could sense that Narthen was not happy with him and this made him upset but the good thing about Damien was that he locked up all his sad feelings and realesed the happy ones which made him a bubbly funny character. It was suprising as he had a terrible childhood and he used to be a quiet fellow until he joined the council after leaving his Jedi Academy because he found friends just liek family as he has none because his parents were locked up and his brother who he loved so much was murdered and still to to this day he does not now who doen it and why but he had to stop thinking about his life and thin kof the present. What was going on? Why had he been called here?

((Yes, if you want to, or you could just get picked up later. It's entirely possible that someone forgot to give you the message, and is going to give it to you late, or you could just say that your stuff happened a few hours before everyone else's, and show up right after Damien.))

Kharel was now lost, having been chased all around Coruscant. Kharel hated being lost. That normally meant that his employer would think he was dead. But he was not dead. He was alive. The opposite of dead. Stupid Hutt. Stupid planet. He wanted to go home. But home was no there anymore. He was still climbing the building, not bothering to avoid the windows, so he could get to the top and get a better view. Stupid Hutt. It was a very tall building.

"You can surely do better!" A voice echoed through the Training Room, on the Jedi Temple.

It was Jedi Master Daeragh Skirata's voice. He was in the room training with his Padawan, Tara Keto. Daeragh's Yellow-Orange Lightsaber collided with Tara's Purple. The two put strength on that saber lock but eventually broke out. The two started rapidly tapping each other's Lightsaber, their sabers touching each other.

"You'll have to do better if you're going to fight a Sith!"

"I am trying!"

"That is why you fail. You are trying. Do not try, do, if you can't do, do not try."

Tara put an angry expression on her face and started to strike more powerfully and quickly. She spun her saber in a semi-circle as her Master did, the two sabers clashing about three times until the two entered another saber lock. Tara overpowered her Master and swung up, throwing the Lightsaber and striking, forcing him to the ground.

"Great work my Padawan. While you are brave and powerful, you failed this "test" of mind and patience."

"Why?" She inquired, confused.

"All those things i said, i was goading you to see if you'd fall to anger. Do not resort to anger. You where going well, until you "fell". Do you understand?"

"I guess. I'll..." She said before being interrupted

"Do not try."

"Yes, i know Master, do not try, do or do not."

San'kra stood Looking at one of the training droids infront of him, His sabres deactivated and he placed them on his belt. The droid suddenly began to spark in its Torso area then collapse backwards. A faint smile came across the Zabraks face as he looked at the lightsabre burn mark in the droids chest. His eyes then went around the training mat looking at the other droid, or atleast bits of it that were scattered around the room. He stepped back and picked up his outer robes and plased them on his body.

Just then a Padawan Learner walked into the room, he looked at the droid parts all over the place. "Been having fun master."

"You should always love your work." San'kra replied as he stepped towards the Young Padawan."Did you want to see me?"

"Yes Master Mez." The Padawan said holding a datapad out infront of him for San'kra to take. "I am to give you these orders fromthe council."

"Thank You." San'kra politely replied taking the Pad from him and bowing.

-----------------------------

An Hour Later

Jedi Knight San'kra Mez walked down a corridor towards a lift with a guard standing outside. He had been given orders to meet Chancellor Diath in his office, although that was pretty much all he had been told. Why he had been called and why this whole thing was being done so secretively was somthing Mez didn't understand.

He got to the guard and handed him the pad and was allowed into the lift, that took him up to the top floor. The door opened and San'kra stepped in, looking round he saw the chancellor and several others some of which he ould tell were jedi or atleast a force adept. "Chancellor You called for me?"

The Odyssey, after being granted special clearence from his uncle, landing on the senate buildings. Steve had been contacted by his Uncle several hours ago about an important job that paid well, since he was in the Coruscant system, he decided to see what his uncle wanted. He stepped into the elivator and pressed the top floor botten, assuming that's were his Uncles office was.

Scev looked toward the Jedi Master who just entered the room, adding to the gathering of people. Scev suddenly recognized who this person was, no he didn't really know him, but he's heard of him around different Jedi Academies and temples.

To show some respect, he took a slight bow. Arising his bending movement, he turned around, awaiting the Chancellor's further words.

Chancellor Diath raised his eyebrows slightly as Damien spoke. He had an uncanny ability to know things he shouldn't. Diath had never mentioned any other Jedi in his message. Unfortunately, Damien had a tendency to take his flashes of insight as though he had learned them some other way, as though something had happened another way from what it had. This put him... somewhat out of touch with reality at times. And not all he thought he saw was true. But enough of that. Down to the matter at hand.

"Yes," he said to San'kra. "I did." He let his nephew in and smiled at him despite his concern. "Recently, a grave threat to the Republic has revealed itself. It appears to be a Sith faction of some sort, and they claim to be responsible for Jaru'un." He picked up the holocron and held it gingerly between his fingers.

"This is, so far, the only information we have, and given its source, it may not be entirely reliable. Unfortunately, we have nothing else to go on." Placing it carefully back on the center of the desk, he activated it with the Force. A figure, more of a shadow or a silhouette than anything recognizable, rose from the crystal and began to speak in a cold voice.

"Let's get straight to the point, shall we?" it said. "Chancellor Diath, we have constructed a superweapon of massive power, fully operational, the results of which are so destructive that they push the limits of even my imagination. Our first test, a mere fraction of its true ability, has reduced an entire planet into dust. I'm sure you have heard of Jaru'un? Surrender to the Sith, or the Republic will be split apart and destroyed by forces beyond your limited comprehension." The figure paused and obviously smiled, even though it was completely featureless.

"Now, tradition states that this is the part where I proudly declare 'There is only one way you can defeat me!' But that would be wrong, and since I have no need for deception, I will tell you the truth. There is no way you can defeat me. We have hidden in the darkness for years rebuilding, and when we carried out this first test, you couldn't even determine the cause." There was a brief moment of silence before the voice spoke again.

"You have exactly one month to acquiesce." The shadow turned slightly as if about to walk away across the table, then looked back. "And cheer up. We only want the galaxy."

The shadow flickered and disappeared as Diath shut down the holocron. He looked to the people in the room. "And now you know as much as I do."

"Why do I Get the Feeling you have called us here because you want us to find this Weapon and the Sith in the message." San'kra Stated. "That will not be easy, the sith do not just make threats like this idlely. If he says we can not stop him he beleives, They are deceptive but not without intelligence."

Steven had entered the room before the message was played rather quietly, so the others were surprised to hear his voice "This guy mentioned something about planet's turning into dust, so, are you guys missing any planet's Supreme Chancellor?"

"Yes, we are," Narthen said before Diath replied. "That would be where Jaru'un went. Strange, I thought most people would have known that, it disappeared nearly a year ago, after all. They ran quite a few investigation stories on the holonet." Really, how did someone miss that?

"That's right," Diath said. "And, yes, these Sith are obviously intelligent. They managed to keep themselves hidden long enough to create something like this, after all." He turned to Katya. "I would be most pleased if you informed your employer. I have the feeling she would find this interesting as well. Everyone needs to decide for themselves, what they want to do, of course. And I know it won't be easy. We have so little to go on. But the alternatives are not much better."

"Of course we are," Narthen agreed. "After all, as Damien pointed out, 'we can't just let them have the galaxy.' One thing I'd like to mention. If you noticed, he said they spent years rebuilding. This of course implies that they had something to rebuild. Perhaps they're remnants from another group, and as such, we might be able to find information on them."

"Give me a moment," Katya said, nodding. "I'll contact my employer and have an answer for you within five minutes."

She stepped away from the table and tugged a personal communicator from its place on her brightly colored belt. After what seemed like a rather intense conversation with 'Katya', the 'ditz Merideth' returned to the table.

"Katya's interested," she said. "But she also wants us to finish up our previous business before she accepts anything new."

"K-7, I had to go through a great amount of trouble to pinch that AI of yours, so put it to use and conjure me some good ideas." Jaran ordered his droid. They sat down in a quieter section of Corusant, Jaran lit a cigar and began to relax.

"It will be quite difficult to find a buyer who will trust us. We have no history or identity on this planet, therefore for all they know we could be working with the local law enforcement agencies. Also the chance of getting caught with fifty thousand credits worth of illegal merchandise is quite high. Master, I suggest we look at other options." The droid stated blatantly, well not really since he was a droid. But to Jaran it seemed insultingly blatant.

Jaran took a draw of his cigar. He was getting some inquisitive looks from the people passing by. It's not every day you see a man in deep conversation with a droid.

"We could rob a bank, does that catch your fancy?" Jaran asked.

"The magnitude of Corusant security will make that a very diffcult task. Compared to the other outer-rim escapades we have engaged in."

"There has got to be atleast one crimelord in this planet who could use some spice, and we are going to find that person."

I walked into the Galactic Senate building. I went up to the guard. "Don't tell me, you're here to see the Chancellor, name?" he said.

"No, I'm here for you." I said putting my hand over his forehead and drawing the memories out of him. He stood wordless, as I drew from him all memories from the past few hours. That was all I needed from him. "Your usefulness has reached it's end." I said, calling upon an orb of destruction and vaporizing him. I was glad to already be outfited in a guard's uniform. It made life much easier at times like these. I stood where the man had stood before previously. Just a small changing of the guard, nothing more.

Archived