Home

A Toast to RD -- Our Final Memorandum

I hope it's just a summer lull, but man ... looking at that thread brings back memories, and the gentle glow of fond nostalgia.

As my memorandum, I shall say this:

I joined RD after about a week's worth of lurking, finding the place noteworthy. I was an initiated newbie, and now, I am on the modsquad - not really doing anything, but on the modsquad nonetheless. RD was a happy slice of my life, a notable part of 7th grade. For the first time, I realized you could make genuine friends over the internet, and I can't say with much confidence I have garnered friends like you guys through other websites on the same medium. You RDers are perhaps the few and only people I would meet in real life in a heartbeat - and that likely isn't possible, but our community forums did a great job of providing outlet for the collective wish-fulfillment.

Let it be known, that RD was delightfully wacky and loony, that it holds a place in my heart, and that I will miss it and it's forumers. So now, I bid RD adoui, and may it rest in peace.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope it's just a summer lull, but man ... looking at that thread brings back memories, and the gentle glow of fond nostalgia.

You mean the timeline thread, correct?

As my memorandum, I shall say this:

I joined RD after about a week's worth of lurking, finding the place noteworthy. I was an initiated newbie, and now, I am on the modsquad - not really doing anything, but on the modsquad nonetheless. RD was a happy slice of my life, a notable part of 7th grade. For the first time, I realized you could make genuine friends over the internet, and I can't say with much confidence I have garnered friends like you guys through other websites on the same medium. You RDers are perhaps the few and only people I would meet in real life in a heartbeat - and that likely isn't possible, but our community forums did a great job of providing outlet for the collective wish-fulfillment.

That is SO TRUE. Too bad that between the post-Bitchface and ModSquad campaigns the bonds we made slackened a bit.

Let it be known, that RD was delightfully wacky and loony, that it holds a place in my heart, and that I will miss it and it's forumers. So now, I bid RD adoui, and may it rest in peace.

AMEN.

We can try and have fun. I mean, remembering the good old days. We should go out with a huge ass bang, that's what I decide! and if this is the end of RD, I'm throwing a kickass moon party! with blackjack! and hookers! (not seriously, that was just a futurama refrence) There'll be dancing and speeches, and fun, and everybody will come! END OF RD PARTY THREAD WILL COME!

& Klia, I'm always up for a Psychonaut discussion. Remember P.S.Y.C.H.I.C?

Klia, I'm always up for a Psychonaut discussion. Remember P.S.Y.C.H.I.C?

First, I am PMSing, but that just makes me feel bloated...and gassy.

Could you jog my memory about PSYCHIC? I can't recall. I think that was my ded period.

Get it...period?

Wiki has taught me that Albert Einstein was an alpaca farmer, that oxygen is poison, that the African elephant population has tripled in the past year, and that Librarians are holding secrets.

* + 10 points to whoever guesses from where these obscure references are from*

Archived