• Calo Nord
    • Darth Bandon
    • Gadon Thek
    • Sherruk
    • Other

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually voted the rancor as the hardest, because actually, with some work, Calo Nord is fairly easy. <snip>.

You didn't really think this through did you; if you failed to defeat Calo at this point you would be dead and never would have completed the game ;)

Challenge him when you meet him in the lower city and see if the above helps you beat him :xp:

I'll reinstall the game, eventually, and load up my mods, and I will let you know. As near as I can tell, Calo Nord is only difficult because of improper weapons mix, I think. The droids are also tough, but careful use of grenades and ion weapons will make short work of it.

I voted the Rancor, because I was low-level when I first battled it, and I had to throw a grenade to it, hide, throw grenade, hide etc.

When I ran out of grenades, I used the button "Return to Hideout", bought some more grenades from the Twi'lek merchant, and Transit back.

Malak was only the most Time Consuming enemy, I believe :D

|Istorian|

Malak was only the most Time Consuming enemy, I believe :D

|Istorian|

Doesn't take as long when you allow all those Jedi he has captive to be come one with the Force. If your guy is good with a lightsaber, and you got some medpacs just in case, the fight is quite short. I didn't realize how short it could be until I started not using Jedi Consulars each time.

The point is that the Rancor is the strongest. I said that the toughest was the war droid in the basement garage of the Vulkar Base.

The Rancor is impossible to kill without gernades, mines, or synthesized odor.

Yeah, and Calo is impossible to kill. He's got min 1 hp and insta-kill blasters.

So it makes him the strongest. That's all I'm saying.

_EW_

I went with Gadon. Small room, two peeps hitting you with Power Attack. Even if you're planning ahead and drop a cryoban grenade, it's hard to get enough damage done on the other before Gadon gets free and starts wailing on you. Frag grenades in a tight space can also be a nightmare. Honestly, I actually dread this fight when I decide to back the Vulkars.

Yeah, and Calo is impossible to kill. He's got min 1 hp and insta-kill blasters.

So it makes him the strongest. That's all I'm saying.

_EW_

But then he is not impossible on the other planets. There is only one Rancor (the other ones are young rancors I believe), and it is the strongest and impossible to kill using blasters/melee weapons. Plus, using blasters doesn't require strength, it needs accuracy. That is unless you want to be literal and say that pulling a trigger takes strength.

I don't think that invincible enemies should be counted in this poll. Then you would have to include others (like the Sith guard on Taris that guards the elevator to the Undercity) and that would be very very bad.

My friend Dave had told me the best way to kill Malak was to jun around and chuck your sabers at him. It really made Malak an easy chap to destroy. Bandon and Calo really weren't problems for me either since I always bring the 'saber twirlin' ladies with me. Honestly, I voted Bendak because I couldn't beat him no matter how hard I tried on any setting but easy. I was about as high (level wise) as you can be without having killed the Rancor in the sewers.

For me it depends who was with Calo or Bandon that determined how hard it was for me too kill them was who they were with. The selkath on Manaan with them was an easy win but is a lot harder on Korriban with them being accompanied by the dark jedi.

Malak is truly the most difficult enemy to kill because his physical stats are pumped beyond reasonable. He has been given too much armor(Which should also have restricted his force power like Bandon's). His strength and constitution may be accurate, but his wisdom and agility were WAY too high.

It's easy to beat him with the electrical capacitance belt, but without it... his wisdom and physical attributes were simply beyond reason. That's why I declared it was Malak.

Archived