Home

[WIP] A Temple

Quanon

Wooow great ideas you guys ! Never thought about that !

@GM : I'll gladdly accept your help , to setup all that scripting nonnensense :lol:

and other file magics

@DarthDingDong : If don't find the time to model myself a desolate desert area I'll re use one of Tantooine . But now you mentioned this I already look forward buildsomething myself :p

Not an update yet , but I've indeed been thinking about a tomb .

I'll slightly remodel one of the halls to include a nice somesort of altaar where a chest can be placed upon to be filled with goodies .

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wooow great ideas you guys ! Never thought about that !

Not an update yet , but I've indeed been thinking about a tomb .

I'll slightly remodel one of the halls to include a nice somesort of altaar where a chest can be placed upon to be filled with goodies .

Goodies are always good!

As it has already been suggested, the Shyrack Cave has a hole at the farthest end of the cavern that seems to lead to something. I agree that it is a great place to put a sort of lost temple.

Its genuinely innovative projects like this that really excite me and draw my interest.

Out of curiosity, are you interested in ever finishing the Tatooine Rakatan Temple that Bioware partially constructed?

Unfortunatly that is intended for cut content, which if Team Jawa were to.. eventually.. restore, it would cause conflicts which won't be too good... :(

Depends if TeamJawa is still ... eh ever going to be alive again ...

Personally I don't see why I couldn't use the Krayt cave , then again I prefer the Shyrak cave .

And I would gladdly model a small outdoor passage to connect that cave with my temple .

About the Tatooine Rakatan Temple , I could once in time restore the thing ... but uh ... I'm still working on this mod .

And it won't finished too soon , I'm sure I'll encounter some more problems .

Don't matter how long it takes, we're all behind you :)

Just umm...

Don't take too long over it eh? :p

Well , GM is going to help me here and there .

So I hope he could write me a script and such for nasty things to happen while you explore the Temple .

Maybe a crazy script that looks up your alignment , DS => Fight lots of Jedi

LS => pummel some DS jedi

I want to keep it simple as I mentioned in my very first post .

Just some fights and loot , unless GM thinks its so damn easy to add a quest and chests and what not :lol:

Depends if TeamJawa is still ... eh ever going to be alive again ...

Yeah... that is a tricky call. I'm not really sure what the status of the team is. To be honest, I don't think anyone is 100% sure either. I have unfortunately been out of contact with SithRevan for some time now, two months perhaps. I'd love to see him again.

Even during the project's height, the group was not too tight-knit and rigorously structured. Organization was always a secret issue to me. I had an extremely wide degree of independence (which was great), and extended jurisdiction over writing without having anyone edit or insert overly-wacky and/or unbalancing perceived 'coolness-factor ideas' into the drafts (not to put down writing skills of anyone else, I've seen projects splurge on stuff like that). But on the other hand I had little to any group involvement. No coffee-table meetings, or whatever the internet equivalent. No chats. No extended threads focusing on organization or the gritty details. Development teams on a project of such size need to be a group effort. Goals were somewhat loose, and to the best of my knowledge there was no timetable. Then the group divested itself piecemeal after August, due to everyone being busy.

Damn shame. I adored the direction that Sleheyron was taking (and there were many responsible for it). If someone were to be willing to restructure the project, give it reasonable and precise goals, bring aboard multiple skilled (and active) workers, create a reasonable timetable with benchmarks and means of getting to them, I think that there will be many willing to invest their talent and time into the project. I certainly would.

Maybe a crazy script that looks up your alignment , DS => Fight lots of Jedi

LS => pummel some DS jedi

Sure thats possible ;) You will need to consider what you want to happen in the tomb, temple or whatever you want it to be :p

Just some fights and loot , unless GM thinks its so damn easy to add a quest and chests and what not

Yeah sure, adding a quest is pretty simple and adding footlockers and containers is even easier ;)

Update : I think I can announce that the temple is 80% ready 3D-wize , there's just one or two (big) things to add , extra details and such .

But things start to look great .

There are still some glitches where I scratch my head , the UVW-mapping seems to have a live of its own ... I've got lots of Cube shaped objects , and some look good , others are screwed (texture-wize ) ... no idea why or how to solve it .

* Hopes that Magnusll solves the unwrapp UVW problem* :p

Camera , I still need to test , for the moment it can fly straight throw walls , showing the "void" beyond .

Some small glitches in the floor to , depending from what direction your coming .

So lots of small details to clean up , but once those are passed , I can start seriously filling the temple with life NPCs .

And now some Screenys , going from the mini-hall into a 90° turn towards the bridge . From there its straight to the big round hall . But you've seen that .

BigArea01.jpg

BigArea02.jpg

BigArea03.jpg

Amazing, Quanon. Keep it up!

Thanks all, for the kind words . :)

Here a new update ! Did anyone mentioned the great outdoors ?! :lol:

Well here's where you"ll get when you crawl out that Shyrak-Cave back-hole .

Not a big flat desert , but a big humpy cliff , its mega and its still the ruff version. One cliff needs more hight , some more details and ofcourse

the entrance to my temple !

So far I got this :

Coming out the cave .

GreatOutdoor01.jpg

Looking from the furthest point TO the cave entrance

GreatOutdoor02.jpg

EDIT : Worked on the light , needed one powerfull light , a whopping 50000 radius :lol: . And I'll have to seriously have to repait the sky , its just painfully obvious a box , hmmm ...

GreatOutdoorlLIGHT.jpg

Uhhoohhh Big debate!!

I better step in and decide for you... lol only kidding :xp:

Well , it's a cool idea . But I know NOTHING , *rewind* NOTHING about scripts in Kotor and how to handle all those variable things .

Sooooo ... GM if you're up to the challenge , make me a script to check if you have met those renegade Sith and / or have (not) killed them .

Buttom line is you find them DEAD , so in the end you can lie to the Master of the Sith Academy ( he has a name , Uthar ??? ) .

Maybe the temple should be filled with some kind of "force" witches , I could do some reskins , would be fun ? Or not ?

Archived