Home

[WIP] A Temple

Quanon

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Having the Renegade Sith appearing there (alive or dead) seems like a great idea. And Quanon, reskins are always appreciated. :)

PS: btw, als je vandaag school had in Brugge, moest je keer afgekomen zijn. Twee gratis vaten in Howest Brugge. :p

@Miltiades : Ah , gedverdemme :lol: , K'heb vrij op maandag en dinsdag , dollethjes zenne dit lessen rooster . 4 dagen weekend , geen wonder dat die tempel vooruit gaat ;) .

To the main public :

Mini update ; Added one of the last Halls to the temple , so its about 90% ready . Just need some grant entrace thing and some extra details here and there .

And switching thoughts like a madman ; Force ghosts of Jedi and Sith seem like great enemys to ... maybe the witch or witches are the bosses ...

They did some vile magic and old jedi ghost and evil sith have arrived ...

:lol: To manny ideas !

The outside area , went down today ... reworked the model intensevily .

And saddly enough Kaurora doesn't want to compile the file ... darn .

Anyway some screens of the new addition .

WaterHall.jpg

WaterHall02.jpg

Sweet man. I agree with the Force Ghosts, I think they'd be more in tune with the theme of the Tombs on Korriban... Perhaps the Temple could be some sort of Cenotaph for Sith Warriors of the past, who've been awaken/startled by Revan's reappearance? That's why you could put some awesome loot (like an edited Sith Lightsaber, armour, mask, etc...), like in the other tombs. Some statues would look grand too. So these Sith ghosts can sense Revan's going to either be their unravelling (if you're LS) or the see you as a new potential Sith Lord to take back the galaxy (if you're DS) and suitably all go for your neck in either case. They could all speak alien lingo, as they're ancient too, to make things simpler. Smashing. I could go on forever with this!

PS: I know this sounds silly or premature, but will the minimap display your custom level, or is that a whole different chapter in modding?

PS: I know this sounds silly or premature, but will the minimap display your custom level, or is that a whole different chapter in modding?

I think some of the screenshots already showed some of the new minimaps, so yes, the minimap will display your custom level. How Quanon accomplishes this I don't know...

I think some of the screenshots already showed some of the new minimaps, so yes, the minimap will display your custom level. How Quanon accomplishes this I don't know...

Uuuhh ... what mini-map ???

You mean that white-blueish field in the left upper corner ?

Thats the standard look : 'THERE AIN'T NO MINI MAP' :lol:

Allthough I've seen some threads in the past that where about the mini-map .

How to get in the game and more or less applied correctly .

I think Magnusll has some knowledge about that to ?

But rendering a top down view should be easy enough , on the other hand it's not that big . Without enemys you can run in less then a minute from one end to the other .

Don't expect this to be a Planet :p , its a bit like the Shyrak cave , well even less I think .

It hasn't been mentioned yet, but it should be remembered that a Sith archaeologist in the valley that says that the temples on the surface are just the tip of the iceberg (I'm paraphrasing).

He said something about an underground complex, so this temple fits beautifully in the position that it seems to be moving into.

I think Magnusll has some knowledge about that to ?

Create a top-view image, add a "black padding border" to it (to avoid the horrible wrap-around effect when you walk near the area borders), then you'll need to mess around with the map struct values located in the .ARE file.

The WorldPt** values should be set to the limits of the walkable area, the MapPt** ones to their equivalent UV coordinates in the map image.

Example: your area is an all-walkable square from (0,0) to (80,80) and you conveniently created an 80x80 pixels .tga map image. You then add a 10 pixels wide black border all around the image, getting a 100x100 final image.

Then you set the following values:

WorldPt1X = 0

WorldPt1Y = 0

WorldPt2X = 80

WorldPt2Y = 80

MapPt1X = 0.1

MapPt1Y = 0.1

MapPt2X = 0.9

MapPt2Y = 0.9

Thus the top-left map corner is at position (0,0) and corresponds to UV coordinates (0.1,0.1) within the image [0.1 is because you have a 10% offset from the top and left, due to the border which appropriately enough corresponds to 10% of the total image height/width. Same goes for 0.9].

Note that all of this is HIGLY SPECULATIVE as the theory has never been tested; as far as I know, current state of the art is to go with a "trial and error" approach until you get it right. Since you're doing great as a guinea pig, though, why not go all the way with the job ;P and let me add a new nifty function to KAurora if the theory proves to be right...

Going back to the suggestion about those 3 students that escape for a moment. Lying to Uthar might not necessarily need to be an option - especially if don't find their corpses until after you report them missing or dead. I thought of it more like one of Kreia's life lessons (I know wrong game) where you think you're helping someone out but your help leads to their death. (For example: recall the scene in KOTOR2 when you give money to a beggar and it leads to his death on Nar Shaddaa.) Anyway, enough of my blathering . . .

Anyway, enough of my blathering . . .

But its good blathering , you guys have some good ideas , I won't have thought this far through :)

Anyway , looks like I failed to post yesterday , FireFox had some quircky behavouir + my Internet connection was'nt 100 % => Tons of lag and slow sites .

So here's what I've been working on : A statue , so one of the details is coming along nicely .

There'll be some more of these around the temple . Some renders from Max , haven't had the time yet to do tests in Kotor .

Statue.jpg

Statue3.jpg

Statue2.jpg

You did the statue yourself, Quanon, or is it one from one of the other modules? (I know there were statues like this one all over Korriban, but I'm not sure if that one's new or not)

Crafted it myself thank you ;)

It still lacks a face , but I'll do that seperatly .

And it'll have a big sword fitting niffty in its hands .

And it's going on a pedestal .

Wow, even better, then! Nice stuff.

Thx , but I must admit , getting a statue out of another map Kotor map crossed my mind .

I even thought of using some NPC models , clean them up and all ... but their kinda heavy on polys . And I can't remember what the Max of the engine is :lol: and I'm not going to stress test it . Besides I'd rather have some smooth gameplay , then choppy breathtaking scenes .

And , and , I have been a busy little bee this evening. Just finished modelling - mind you - the Indoor Entrance to this complex !

Testing this out , will be for tomorrow ; Magnusll / Magnulls has send me an other version of Kaurora , who he says should solve the nasty UV deformations , so there's a chance , texture stretch will end to excist .

Big stone Door :

EnterTemple2.jpg

Pillars on hights :

EnterTemple.jpg

Some weird ribbed roof design ; I might add an extra hall with this kind of roof . Else I fear its a bit of a brake away from the style I've used on the other parts .

EnterTemple3.jpg

Great touch. It feels like a cathedral door, but far darker. I can easily imagine that this place was once some sort of sanctuary.

I have a question; and you might have already answered this in bits and pieces, but I get the impression that your inspiration is evolving. What do you have in mind for being the background story for this area? Is it a mausoleum, a forgotten sanctuary, or something else?

Amazing stuff again, Quanon. Incredible. What's that pink thing on the first two screens?

That pinky is what I call the Man_Sized Box :lol: , Its +- the size of a standard man from the kotor game . Like that I already have an idea how things will look or how big it will be in the game .

I have a question; and you might have already answered this in bits and pieces, but I get the impression that your inspiration is evolving. What do you have in mind for being the background story for this area? Is it a mausoleum, a forgotten sanctuary, or something else?

Well , like I said it's a temple and not a gravetomb .

I just imagined it might have been used as a sanctuary/ ritual place of the old and orginal Sith species , before the Dark Jedi arrived .

Perhaps somesort of 'tombe can be added in the lower reaches . I was thinking of adding a small path to that Bridge , which would lead you in this dark abyss . Since that cave structure is so big it would be a shame to waste it .

So its more or less a "church" . I just need to add some statue stuff , I'd might change my mind on the big Jawa dude :D .

But he's one of my first try runs at more organic stuff modelling .

So he'll have to do for the moment .

Archived