Home

Random Wal-Mart Check...

RoxStar

I just got a check in the mail from WalMart for 102.60 USD. Only problem is, I don't think that I should have. The only reason I can think of for having the check is that About 4 years ago I was missing 102.60 in rebates from Soyo computer through TigerDirect. Does anyone know if WalMart bought them out? Googling yielded no result.

How could they scam you by sending you a check? Just cash it and be done with it, I mean, what could they possibly do even if it went to you by mistake? It was addressed to you and made out to you, it's not like it was mailed to someone else and you cashed it anyway.

If you cash it, they may be able to retrieve more personal info about who received/cashed the check.

Or they just really like you, Rox. ;)

If you cash it, they may be able to retrieve more personal info about who received/cashed the check.
I dunno about you but when I cash a check it's generally:

"Hey cash this."

"ID please."

"Ok."

"Have a nice day."

"kbai"

And it's not like they don't already have his info. I mean, they made out a check to him and mailed it to his house.

They know his NAME, but not his a ACCOUNT NUMBER, which Wal-Mart can track the bank account that their check is deposited into. But, again, this is a mega-corporation, they wouldn't risk, and certainly don't need the pitiful amount of money that is likely in RoxStar's account.

Archived