Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

I need to make a little progress on all the games I already have before I add anything to my library, so you better look to Crack or Five-Teen.

I'll be working on making some headway at the others this week, though, as it is Spring Break, and there are no night shifts at all until the weekend.

I was going to go looking for you on Live at some point as well, since I found a post where you referenced your tag in an old thread I was reading the other day... but I guess that answers that question.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ha, yeah, I need to reup sometime, but I play so little it never seems worth it.

but if I do, I'll help you plow through gears when I can.......but my xbox time is limited to weeknights mostly

when do you get on? dont you work like.....all the time?

Pretty much... yeah.

I have nights off this week,.. but after that I'll probably be scratching for time.

That's the main reason I tend to look for games with really great single-player campaigns... I can work through them in my own time and my own pace.

I never got into Galaxies or WOW for that reason though... months might go by between actually playing it.

I just want this week to end... Got a call at work just before lunch saying my fiance was being rushed to the hospital after another asthma attack (she's been sick for a few days and keeps having attacks along with it), so I rush over, had to park half a mile from the hospital because the lot was full and there weren't any empty meters, and jog the whole way there (it's below 0 F, blowing a gale, and I'm in a spring coat)... Get there just in time for the triage nurse to tell her she's stable now and based on the number of people there in worse condition that we're better off booking into an after hours clinic tonight...

So we leave... Go home, watch some episodes of Ranma 1/2, and wait for her 6:15 appointment at the clinic. We get hungry after a couple of hours, so I start making shake 'n bake... I'm about to batter the last piece when I hear her ask our parakeet Kalani what he's doing... No answer. Again... No answer... I turn around and realize he's hanging upside down from a perch and it hits me about the same time she says, "Baby?" and runs over to the cage...

Our little baby boy (he wasn't even one) died for no apparent reason...

I know it's stupid to be this upset over a pet bird, but I am... He was adorable, friendly, and pretty much the best part (aside from each other) of coming home from work for both of us... And she loved him even more than I did, so it just makes it that much worse to think of how devastated she is...

We get to the clinic, the doc checks her out and decides that it's probably just a really bad cold and puts her on prednisone for the asthma attacks (since her puffers weren't helping), but warns us that if it hasn't gone away in another day or two to come back because it might be pneumonia...

I'm depressed, overworked, exhausted, my little joker is dead, and my fiance might have pneumonia... I'd ask how things could get any worse, but Mr. Murphy always seems to find a way to show me when I do...

That's rough.

I've had weeks like that (many of them already chronicled here...) They never seem like they will ever end... but they do, eventually.

You have my deepest sympathies, for what they're worth.

Slow, slow day.

Go in late. Long lunch. A little puttering. Leave early.

I'll take it while I can get it.

Next week begins the long, unbroken march towards May.

aww poor birdie. :( we had roosters in my landlord's yard for a while before november, sure they annoyed the hell out of me sometimes (crowing at like 9pm at NIGHT) but then i guess the original owner cooed them back and must've killed them cause haven't seen them since november. now we have these guinea hens around, and there's this one he sits up on a ledge under the stairs i use to get in the apartment, and makes this hilarious tweet sound whenever i come home from work or go out. i'll get a pic of him tomorrow when i get home from work as it'll be light out.

sorry to hear of your loss nitro. :(

work was so easy for me today...it went by so fast. I figured out that damn computer training thing....i was not aware that a cd could hold over 4 gigabytes worth of pictures, don't cds only hold 700 megabytes?! cause the question was like: How many pictures can CDs or DVDs hold? and the answers in multiple choice format were: 1: about 1 gigabyte's worth, 2. an average of 3-4 years worth of pictures, 3. 4-5 gigabytes worth, or 4. recommend an internet archival website (or something to that effect) lol i had to go by method of elimination to find which one i had chosen wrong out of 8 questions. it was a pain in the ass.

I used our store's kiosk to do a site-to-store on a 500 watt power supply unit for my computer. costs $30. i used my credit card on it. gonna pay that off on thursday and hopefully have enough $$ to purchase the hard drive. actually i could just put that on my credit card as well, but i need my parents' mailing address cause i don't want it to arrive at this address.

happy st patrick's day everybody!

Played a little KOTOR (pretty awesome!) a little Battlefront (looks like it could be a lot of fun once I really dig into it) and a bit of GRAW 2 (I need to spend more time on the training level, though.)

Pretty tired tonight: got home pretty late last night; up pretty early this a.m.

Should get to bed ASAP.

ah you're at the satchel charge part i take it? that part is a pain in the ass....just toss a buncha smoke and then rush the apc, then throw the satchel charge as far as you can at it, you can see through the smoke when you activate your night vision goggles i think.

my one friend here is looking to get into the air force, so i might go with him to talk to the air force recruiter and see if it's possible i enlist as well. that would be pretty cool, but i dunno...i don't have any college xp plus my RE3 that could be a turndown for me, but if i could get in there, my parents wouldn't flip out as bad i guess. hm.

No... I finished the training level... but that's about it.

I kinda sucked (a whole new control scheme to learn, and the targeting sensitivity is really slow compared to what I'm used to...) so I want to try it again, until I can get it almost perfect before I move on into the game.

I saw Alfred Brendel last night - my favorite pianist, and this was his last performance in North America ever, so truly a historic night! He played Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, and then three encores! Now that was music. No mics, no mixers, no woofers and tweeters, no EQ, no vacuum tubes. Just a Steinway concert grand piano and a guy who knows what to do with it.

Bummer. :(

Fell asleep almost the second I got home last night. Just woke up.

I was feeling kinda lousy too... my immune system must be fighting something.

I have a couple more hours... I think I'll see if I can't get a few more winks.

Indeed. He was a master, and he will be missed.

Just got out of a work-related party/ gathering.

It kinda sucked for me... the social anxiety/ phobias kicked in hard this time, and made the afternoon totally miserable. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

got most of the moving/boxing stuff done today. it was a pain in the ass. i got a car full of garbage to haul to the dumpster, but am wanting to drop it off after people are out of the place where i drop it off as not to tick anyone off or rouse suspicion. there is ALOT of trash.....damn it...

i hope a membership to ymca isn't too expensive...any excuse to not be holed up in my parents' house on my days off. i don't wanna give them back any kind of control over me. i hate this ****. it's not that i don't love my parents, it's just bringing up bad memories living with them. i hate it. it's like a zoo, sure it's nice to visit and hang out but would you really wanna live there? that's probably not such a good example but its kinda how i feel about this right now. i'm sure i'll be fine when i move in. for the first week. o well at least i won't be the only 24 year old living at home. :rolleyes:

think i'll go rent some more movies. i wanna rent i am legend, the brave one, and dan in real life. if they're not out of them.

so far today has been tiring. at least i got a decent workout hauling boxes/trash downstairs.

watched dan and legend. good movies. went to go dump the trash, and well there was a car parked and the lights were on in the office so i decided to just waste gas instead of risk it. the car drove nice in the endless rain at least.

i think tomorrow (later today) will be good for me. i'm working 9-6 and have friday off. Also.....i got a decent paycheck....so gonna order the hard drive and pay off my bills for the month.

I wonder when I'll get a girlfriend. not that that is priority number one to me right now, as i'm trying to get back in the military...i just keep wondering it. i wonder if i would change my mind about going in the military if i had a girlfriend. i think too much. that's my main problem. i think.

Fell asleep early last night,.. again. Woke up early this morning,.. again. :rolleyes:

At least I don't feel ill anymore... just in a ****ty, ****ty mood.

I've always been a bit cynical and skeptical abut the phases of the moon affecting people's behavior... but over the last couple of years I've noticed that I've been a bit manic at the new moon, and down-in-the-dumps around the full moon.

Maybe there's something to it after all... or it could all be psychological.

Either way: At least I know that it's only going to last a couple of days at most, and then I'll be over it, and back to normal again.

I just wish I could have had a better time at that thing yesterday. I've been beating myself up pretty badly about being so incompetent in social situations like that.

Plus; now all my co-workers must think I'm some kind of an *******.

actually woke up before the alarm clock this morning. i am still a little on the tired side, but am gonna make it a good day. oh i forgot to mention, last night i bought thin red line for $5 in order to get money out for subway. lol i haven't watched it yet, i'm gonna watch 'the kingdom' tonight after work.

gotta go get some coffee so i can be wired for work this morning. no call from recruiter yet. i may have to make the first move there. as far as pushups go, i can do 34 close handed ones before my arms start to give. I think the snow season is over,the temp is rising.

Archived