Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in a happy mood right now. I don't know why. maybe it is the caffeine i just consumed. maybe it is because i have to work tomorrow and it's going to be insane there because the temperature has risen a few degrees and people from NYC and New Jersey are gonna be swarming the place like pissed off yellow jackets that have had their nest stepped on. like the calm before a storm...

i got some robitussin CF to kill off the remaining cold germs that are inside me. i also sold my truck today to the junk yard i got $60 for it. o well at least it's gone now...still, i payed about 60 for the tire and another 60 for the battery....gah. o well whatever!

think i'll load up some GRAW 2 for an hour or 2 and then watch No Country for Old Men and The Assassination of Jesse James....

Gonna get my computer fixed soon, hopefully in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!! maybe i'll go back on SWG. maybe. hahahaha. maybe i'll go get myself a girlfriend sometime this month or next. i think i'm going to just go crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hey on the bright side....livin w/the parents will have financial benefits.

To clarify: I hate the Yankee's. I'm a Cubs fan. Gogo Chicaga!

I have alot of Irish and Italian friends, so Irish/Italian music I've been listening to for a LONG LONG time. Punk music even longer still. So Dropkick is this wonderful fusion of Punk/Irish folk music. I'm a BIG BIG fan of old school punk, Floggin' Molly, Dropkick Murphy's, Green Day, Ect...ect.

So, to sum up:

Cracken hates the Yankee's. Gogo Chicaga!

Cracken loves Irish music, esp. Irish Punk music!

Cracken also dislikes the Patriots, and is a die hard Dolphins fan.

Hmmm...

Finished Church install gig a bit later than I thought.

Paid well, though.

Afterwards we all went to one of those Japanese restaurants where they grill the food directly in front of you. That was pretty sick. Chef was one scary dude with a spatula.

That was the 2nd big, somewhat expensive meal today for me... not sure what I was celebrating... but we were living high off the hog today.

Spring break next week. That must be it I guess...

Didn't drag the Powerbook home. Maybe next weekend...

P.S. -

Beware the Ides of March.

watched the assassination of jesse james movie. it was alright. jesse james dies though. actually they all do it's just not shown in the movie. must've been over a hundred years ago.

i'm sick of being alone. im so ****ing bored. think i'll drink some cough syrup and take a shower in the dark. then i guess i'll go to sleep as there's nothing else to do and i'm tired of watching tv/movies. so ****ing lonely and disappointed at myself right now. god ddammit

15:

You should really get out and do something, ANYTHING, if that is how you feel.

Do something different. Take a drive somewhere you never go or something.

Sitting around the house steeping in it never does you any good.

I know of whence I speak on this. Spent way too much of my life so far doing just that.

Just had a guy from the Basement Floor company that did the work down there come look at my cellar again.

I'm still getting water down there occasionally... though now on the opposite side of the room from where they did all the work.

I've decided to finish off the job once and for all.

It's gonna be costly... but it needs to get done.

The crappiest part is clearing everything out of there again so that they can do all the work.

I'm going to have to call in some huge favors once again. I'll need some beefy muscle to get everything out of there this time.

And it's going to set back all of my new consumer-electronics dreams again too.

Awww... damn.

Never fails, though.

I get a nice chunk of money that I think I might be able to do something fun with for a change... and something like this inevitably comes up.

I hope you are in a better mood now...

Sleep usually helps improve my state of mind.

In fact: I think I might try for a nap now (though I'm not in a funk at the moment. Just tired...)

Have to get to the mall (or a good department store) later. I need a new wristwatch, a new belt or 2, and a new beard trimmer.

And while the last thing I need is any more games... I'd still like to get some original XBox titles: KOTOR I and II, Halo I, Battlestar Galactica, and Psychonauts.

I'll see if any of these are floating around cheap while I'm out.

Well... I did my shopping.

Got 2 new belts. New watch. (Exactly like my old one. No surprises here...) New beard trimmer kit.

Also picked up a couple of old XBox titles super cheap: Both KOTOR titles, and Battlefront.

Picked up a couple of books too: "The Fabric Of The Cosmos" by Brian Greene; and "Parallel Worlds" by Michio Kaku. Both science texts. Both paperback, so I can read them on the train.

I haven't been reading enough lately. I need to read more... my brain is getting mushy.

In retrospect, I really picked a bad time to hit the mall though: Late Saturday evening. Lots of daters milling around. That touched a nerve.

I began to mentally pummel myself pretty badly for being the universe's biggest loser of all time, and had to get out of there pretty quickly. Uck.

I'm better now... and it totally took me by surprise.

You have something better in your back pocket you are working on there, bucko? Let us all see it, big man! :p

:joy:

"The Elegant Universe" is in my top 10 books of all time. I've re-read it a couple of time.

Saw this one and had to grab it.

Anything to get the synapses back on track...

i played the lottery and won. a free ticket.

i kinda ignored the annoying 5x7 prof photographer and was in the back most of the time...the guy sends through his pictures and i get paged right, so i walk out and he had JUST put them through...and he's like waiting by the thing so i go and do the backprint thing for him (so it says copyright on the back of the pictures) and then i am like 'well i'll be back in a few' and go and do a buncha my computer training stuff. beats standing around being watched for a half an hour, geez. he wasn't around when i finished trimming the stupid white border off the last 5x7, and the backprint ****ed up and didn't get printed on the back. so i left a note on his envelope about it, priced it up, finished shutting down, then headed back to the training room to finish up a few of them.

oh yeah easter bunny was in and my one friend that went out w/us friday was in the costume and practically got jumped by little kids. lol i'll see if i can get my pic taken with him tomorrow and i'll post it here.

my car's running ok now, put $30 of gas in it though, which should get me through til bowling night (this coming friday :D ) i just hope it doesn't break down again...i get that feeling ya know....grrrr...i don't want this extra money from taxes to go into it...

i guess i'm doing better than last year. at least this year i sort of have friends, last year i didn't hang out with anybody outside of work. something though, stuff can only get better for me. it's not like i'm losing anything..well besides my dignity but i guess it doesn't matter that much........

i'm still plenty pissed though that i have to move in with my parents. that's the #1 killer of my self-esteem and motivation cause anything i do while living under their roof is judged with extreme prejudicial commentary which just drags me down into the mud. that's the main reason i'm moving out of this apartment is cause they went and had to nose their way into my business with the landlords not giving heat....i didn't give a **** cause i have the means to keep myself warm, but no they had to come in and bitch at my landlords about it and make me feel like ****. its crap like that that makes me so angry at myself.

You have something better in your back pocket you are working on there, bucko? Let us all see it, big man! :p

Of course I do. What do you think we do at work all day, work on VectorWorks? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...oh, man!

Check it out...we've discovered that the universe is actually nothing more than a set of temporally divided subrealities, suspended in a sea of anti-time...divided by...er...the speed of light. Or something.

Fascinating.

I can't wait to see your papers published. :dozey:

Got some more laundry to do. I think I'll do a lot of vid gaming while I work on that. Then later we may put some folks together to tackle some more bowling.

There was some talk by my friend's wife the other night about setting me up with one of her friends that lives in my town.

I honestly don't see it happening... but I'll try to keep an open mind, I guess.

However: The one girl I ever saw more than a couple of times... what you might even be able to call a 'girlfriend' (well... if you were being charitable, anyways...) started out as a fix-up by friends,.. so maybe.

Supposedly, she's a couple of years older than me (not such a big deal...) and a professional model (all reports have her as HAWT with a capital HAW!)

Hmmm...

I seriously doubt anything good could ever come out of it... but like I said: I'll try to keep an open mind and not be my usual negative self and dismiss it totally out of hand.

We'll see, I guess.

At least somebody is trying to look out for me.

Just saw Cracken's clarification...sorry to give you a ride. If the Cubs ever get in the World Series, I'm rooting for them (unless it's against the Red Sox, of course). :D

BTW, the only real reason I went off on the Yankee vein is b/c I was told that my paternal grandfather was a Yankee fan growing up in Rochester.

WIldstar: NPNP, I get that all the time. >.>

My papers ed, are far more interesting. My main focus is the abolishment of the current international system of nation-states into a hegemonic power under a single democracy. It's interesting and has gotten a few head turns as I continue to work on it.

boring day at work. got all but 1 computer training program finished. the mgr (the one i somehow developed a 'what if' crush on) came in and was like 'you're all quiet, is anything wrong?' and asking me if something was wrong, etc. i was like im just tired and she asked who was out in the lab and i was like 'oh, nobody's out there i just shut it down' and she acted kind of surprised and i said 'nobody was out there for a good amount of time, so i decided to get some of these training thingies done and if they need someone that electronics knows im back here and they can page me' and she was like 'well as long as you don't burn me' and she mentioned about me being so quiet that if i had any concern or whatever that it'd probably be something big. at least she cares but i don't think she cares about me personally. nobody really does.

i think i'm just depressed and stressed out at the same time cause of moving. i just don't know wtf to do or how to feel about the whole ****ing situation.

wednesday is gonna be so annoying cause gonna be moving stuff around and out of the place. i can't stand this crap. **** i haven't even lived here a whole 3 years and i'm already moving.

someone said to me once that moving so many times affects your credit somehow, is that true?

I don't think so... unless you stiff the landlords in some way. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Pretty full day:

Gears of War co-op for several levels while I did laundry.

Over my buddy's house to watch the Family Guy and Robot Chicken Star Wars specials back-to-back.

Drive into the city from there to pick up another co-worker, and back.

Helped his wife make pan-fried dumplings.

Bowled 3 games of Candlepin.

Did OK, personally. I think I did a bit better last time. Best game tonight was high 60's. Got to low 70's last week.

My buddy had a great night, though. 2 strikes back-to-back. Just shy of breaking into 3 figures.

It was a good time, though.

I drove the other co-worker back to his place at the end (got a bit lost, but it all worked out...)

A pretty decent day, overall.

If I can keep a stream of days like this going for any length of time, I might actually find myself *gasp!* enjoying, maybe even happy with life.

It's a stretch, I know... but for once in a long time, it doesn't seem beyond the reach of possibilities.

Archived