Home

It's a Small World After All

MrWally

So, I was browsing the internet after returning from a New Year's Eve party and I ran across this:

tie23rz6.png

A look closer:

smallworldih9.jpg

OMG!!111!!1one!11!

Alright, maybe on one else will find that as interesting/disturbing/awesome as I thought it was, but it got me to think about how crazy our world is becoming, especially with the rise of the internet in our new generation. How it has become so simple for us to communicate and share ideas, and just how fast technology is advancing.... it's almost scary when I think about where we could be in 15 or 20 years.... it kind of freaks me out.

Another example is me getting into an "argument" (if you can call it that) with someone on digg about our opposing views on politics, only to discover months later that it was my brother.... whom I didn't even know used digg. So it got me wondering: does anyone have any interesting stories of similar experiences of running into someone you knew or know online? Completely at random?

Did it turn physical? Like, "No, my point of view on the subject is much more logical! *Jab!* You're clearly confused! *Punch!* We should start calling French Fries 'Freedom Fries' instead! *Upper-cut!*"

Or did it turn sexy? Like, "So you were the man I debated on the internets a while back!" "I know, and I have another secret for you, brother. I'm in love." "With who???" "With you. Ravage me now!" "But you know it is forbidden, brother, it is the gravest of taboos amongst our society." "Let us not worry about civilization, for we shall run into the woods and have hot hairy naked seditious incestuous homosexual relations of an extremely sexual kind." "Seditious?" "Yes, for our passion will convert the entire nation to a citizenry of incestuous homosexuals!" "Oh brother, you did always shine of a kinky radiance when you spoke of anarchy!"

(It's New Years Eve. I could have been drunk on anything while this was written. Well, sparkling apple cider. Regardless, I can feel it fermenting within my gastrointestinal track!)

Or did it turn sexy? Like, "So you were the man I debated on the internets a while back!" "I know, and I have another secret for you, brother. I'm in love." "With who???" "With you. Ravage me now!" "But you know it is forbidden, brother, it is the gravest of taboos amongst our society." "Let us not worry about civilization, for we shall run into the woods and have hot hairy naked seditious incestuous homosexual relations of an extremely sexual kind." "Seditious?" "Yes, for our passion will convert the entire nation to a citizenry of incestuous homosexuals!" "Oh brother, you did always shine of a kinky radiance when you spoke of anarchy!"

(It's New Years Eve. I could have been drunk on anything while this was written. Well, sparkling apple cider. Regardless, I can feel it fermenting within my gastrointestinal track!)

Haha, what the hell happened here?

O_o

No.

Thank God, no.

and @ TiE, even if you are a "Trend setter" or whatever that feature is, there have to be thousands and thousands of people with that feature enabled, and even though it was on Digg when I checked it it only had about 90 diggs or so. It's still a crazy coincidence that I ran across you.

Or I actually am stalking you.

Yea. Something like that happened to me as well.

I got into a fight with a person on another forum.

I went to school the next day and found out it was one of my close friends.

Its kinda wierd if u think bout it.

Did u hear bout the people that get married online??!!!

It was in an article in Time Magazine.

I disagree, it was a great way to start the new year, for me at least.

Seconded.

On a related note to the original topic, I've often wondered if well known celebrities play online games like WoW. Kind of crazy to think you could have Quested with William Shatner and never even known it.

On a related note to the original topic, I've often wondered if well known celebrities play online games like WoW. Kind of crazy to think you could have Quested with William Shatner and never even known it.

You. Would have KNOWN. If you had. Quested with. Shatner. For he would have. Talked like. THIS.

So on WoW I quested with some one for a while and after a while I figured out it was my best buddy so we had a great laugh the next day and cancelled our accounts cause we're poor

Admit that the real reason you quit was because Corpsegrinder came after you with his mother****ing lvl 70 orc warrior and a giant chainsaw.

I see NOTHING has changed around here...but this is the best thing to read when I visit. It makes me miss this place's shenanigans...

Archived