Home

Draft Bag

revan7189

Well, we're an Army family. I've never heard of a draft bag before. The Department of Defense has not said anything about re-enacting the draft, and probably won't. We'd probably be one of the first to know since Jimbo helps do dental in-processing and out-processing for soldiers and they would need to be prepared for the influx of recruits.

1. There is at this time no draft, and hasn't been for over 30 years.

2. The DoD has not stated they are re-starting the draft.

3. Whether family members are serving or not is irrelevant, since there's no draft.

4. If you want official information on the draft, the Department of Defense or the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marines sites would be more accurate sources on this issue.

I am confused on the topic. Could someone fill me in?
It is a bag used to carry your mini-kegs of draft beer in. Personally, I am all for draft bags as long as you are not driving.

If you are talking about a military draft, no need to worry about that until at least after November 4. It would be political suicide for either political party to allow the draft to be reinstated before then. IMO it will not even happen after that because it would still be political suicide for the next election. The military will just have to offer bigger incentives and reduce their requirements further.

A draft has to be authorized by the Congress and approved by the President of the United States. The Department of Defense alone does not have the authority to institute a draft. So, even if President Bush decided that he thinks a draft is a good idea Congress would have to approve, which they won't, so as I stated in another thread...those of you who have no desire to serve...don't worry about it.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/deploymentsconflicts/a/draftprocess.htm

Well, I'm pretty sure it's not that way on the US, but here, all male over 18 must enlist and become reservists until the age of 33. Of course, it's not like Israel, where every adult receives that much of military training (females included), but we can be convoked, if the land is in need. Since our country isn't really military active, it doesn't really bother much.

Anyway, what's this Draft Bag? I assume it's not Mimartin's guess.

His second guess is accurate, though.

Anyway, what's this Draft Bag? I assume it's not Mimartin's guess.

What do you mean guess? I own a few draft bags. The only reason I said mini-kegs is because when you try to carry 16 gallon kegs in them, they rip. The only reason I assumed he meant Military Draft is because the only thing controversial about Draft Bags is we have laid off all the American producers of Draft Bags and shipped all Draft Bag making jobs to China. :D

Well, better than his first guess. :xp:

:swear:

Well, I'm pretty sure it's not that way on the US, but here, all male over 18 must enlist and become reservists until the age of 33. Of course, it's not like Israel, where every adult receives that much of military training (females included), but we can be convoked, if the land is in need. Since our country isn't really military active, it doesn't really bother much.

In the U.S. all males 18 and up are required to register with the Selective Service Commission. Basically that means that if a draft is ever instituted they are entered to have their number called. They do not owe any military obligation otherwise nor are they considered reservists.

In the U.S. all males 18 and up are required to register with the Selective Service Commission. Basically that means that if a draft is ever instituted they are entered to have their number called. They do not owe any military obligation otherwise nor are they considered reservists.

Like it is here, after all. But if they are registered and can be called when on need, then they are reservists.

Archived