Home

Emitting some fun

magnusll

Well, it's said one image is worth a thousand words, so let's utter a few thousand words...

emitter01xk0.jpg

emitter02qu5.jpg

emitter03uk2.jpg

Now, before you get TOO MUCH excited, let's be clear on this one: while I finally managed to successfully import a scratch-built emitter, I still have no clue on a significant number of controllers used by these damned things. In fact, to make this one work I resorted to copy all the controllers' values from an existing one [a "puffy sand" emitter in the Valley of the Dark Lords, modified to white sand and obviously put in the proper position], to be sure I was not pulling numbers out of thin air.

Even more annoying, NWMax lacks the capability to handle several of these controllers, so I had to write them down manually in the exported ascii model using good old notepad (and obviously using the knowledge of how KAurora wants these new fields to be named, which I knew as I wrote it in the first place ;P).

Still, the fact that it works means that the import process is correct. Now to make all this remotely usable I'll have to write an edit window which will let users mess with the controllers... it's either that, or modifying the NWMax scripts adding the missing fields. Urgh.

Stay tuned for an imminent KAurora 0.3 release.

Stay tuned for an imminent KAurora 0.3 release.

YEAAAAAHHH MAGNUSLL !!! :lol:

Great news, I wondered what you where up to :xp: .

It was waaayy to quite.

Very great news and a nice addition for the programme :p

When its out I'll have to play with it.

Oh joy ! O' joy !

Great work Magnusll!

Hey heres a suggestion.

Why not try and get cchargins' permission to integrate KAura with MDLOps?

I don't need to. I started from MDLops (and from Torlack's old work on NWN models) during the initial phases of KAurora. Now I have gone beyond, which is why KAurora can import scratch-built models without having to resort to replacements or the like.

The plan is (and has always been) to extend the model handling capabilities so as to allow the program to import/export any type of model into the game. If I'll be able to complete the plan, KAurora will replace MDLops.

I chose this way (instead of, say, contributing to MDLops) because it is much easier for me to work using C#; besides, the .NET framework allows me to effortlessly add all kinds of windows forms I may need. And most of the time is being spent in figuring out the missing pieces anyway, so it's not like rewriting the already existing functions adds that much to the required time.

Archived