Home

In-game Holocrons

Seamhainn

Depends what you mean by Holocron..

If you mean just the item uti then yes...

If you mean does it make a "ghost" appear then no...

Though this could easily be achieved with a spawn script.

In a first step just the .uti, thank you. Regarding the "ghost" thing I am toying with just that kind of idea here. But it might be to elaborated for my abilities...

I am not sure if I really will implement the Holocorn actually. I just want to make some investigations what is possible and what not (for me :-) ).

Thanks and take care

This is the tag Darth InSidious mentioned, k36_itm_holocron.

--Stream

When I use the give item cheat the above mentioned holocron looks just like a sonic granate in my inventory (I think that is the english name for it) and has no discription whatsoever. The same goes for the item I found simply named holocron. Is there a real in-game picture for holocrons?

Thanks and take care

If you want something that looks like a holocron from K2 .. i might suggest using the "box" that the rodian on Korriban gives you to deliver to Tatooines Hutt ... you know .. the smuggling mission ... that "box" looks a bit like a holocron ... perhaps a reskin ... that is .. of course .. if I remember correctly ...

Since you're on the topic of Holocrons can I just ask, does anyone know how to implement that Holocron on Korriban into a mod. I mean the one behind that door that you have to blow open and there's a message from Bastila on it. Actually, the message is more important if it's separate from the Holocron. Is there some way to get that to play on cue at a certain location?

I'm still having a bit of trouble with this if anyone can help.

I found that in addition to the list of things mentioned by Darth InSidious I also needed the bastila_holo.utc file which I included.

The main problem I had when I set everything up in my mod was that when you click on the Sith Holocron it gives you the "This holocron was destroyed by the Thorium Charges..." message by default.

Then I tried just putting the Bastila holo in the scene and initiating the convo by clicking on her. That didn't work either. It seems there's a load of scripts and conditions referenced in the dlg file which I don't quite understand. Mainly because the scripts are already compiled and I can't view them.

So then I tried recreating the dialogue file myself and applying that to her. This worked! But the only problem is she's there all the time. I need her to appear when you click on the Holocron and disappear when the message ends. I'm guessing the "a_destroy" script makes her disappear, but when I put it in the "Script that fires when conversation ends" box it didn't do anything. If I can figure out how to correctly use this script I'm sure that part will work.

I still have no idea how to initiate the convo by clicking on the Holocron though. Anyone have any suggestions?

Archived