Home

The Ravager

Nikkolas

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in a debate on another forum about the power of certain Sith Lords. If Nihilus could hold his ship together even when charges designed to blow it up are detonated, it would be quite impressive.

However, I lack the specific info and was just going on hearsay. I wasn't even sure if it was factual and thus I was lookign for the exact quote or when it's stated.

I'm pretty sure that if Nihilus can survive the colossal explosion of his ship blasting apart, then a lightsaber isn't going to do any good.

Sion survived being blown apart when Peragus II exploded. He died only when his will was defeated.

I think a similar explanation, as Zerimar pointed out, is plausible in the case of Nihilus. A purely physical attack is not what will bring him down.

So, even if they did detonate the charges, his will would keep the ship intact.

Well, that is of course unknown. You know in nearly every videogame that you play, you beat a bad guy, and they just come back. Generally speaking of course, The Exile probably killed Nihilius first because he had to stop him from destroying Telos, or because he didn't want to take that chance. Or because, as I know many would agree, and this is generally from JediPhile, The Exile is Nihilius's "better" half, and The Exile was the only person that could actually kill Darth Nihilius. Otherwise Nihilius would just suck the life out of the person. This is of course just speculation, and theory, and has a lot of other information to it, that I don't remember. JediPhile, where are you when we need you?!

~Rev

Sion survived being blown apart when Peragus II exploded. He died only when his will was defeated.

So Sion was just floating in space until he got picked up by some ship? He doesn't need to breath air?

Are you seriously suggesting that Sion and Nihilus are literally absolutely invincible?

So Sion was just floating in space until he got picked up by some ship? He doesn't need to breath air?

Are you seriously suggesting that Sion and Nihilus are literally absolutely invincible?

Sion and Nihilus weren't invincible. How could you kill them then?

Anyway Sion couldn't die because he was already dead but he was kept together due to his hatred and pain. Nihilus was a wound in the force. Sion only died when the Exile finally persuaded him to let go of his pain. Nihilus could only be killed by the Exile since she was his other half

This kind of crap is why I dislike TSL.

Firstly, it's highly unlikely that the Harbinger was destroyed at Peragus. A Republic Battleship being killed by fuel explosions is about as likely as a Nimitz-Class Aircraft Carrier being sunk by a pipe bomb. And about Sion surviving it anyway because he's so angry, sorry, but all the Sith Magic in the world can't save you from the joys of explosive decompression. It's more likely that the massive explosions disabled the Peragus or at least overwhelmed it's sensors, giving more than enough time for the Ebon Hawk to escape.

Secondly, I have no idea what the original poster is talking about. As far as I remember, it's impossible to set off the charges before you've nixed Nihilus.

So, even if they did detonate the charges, his will would keep the ship intact.

Did you watch the cutscene of the Ravager's destruction? Even if Nihilus could hold the ship together after that (which is doubtful since the command deck would be ripped apart), the ship wouldn't even be functional. Structural integrity compromised, most (if not all) decks lose power, certainly entire crew dead from explosions, fire, or vacuum of space. Do you seriously need me to go on?

Anyway Sion couldn't die because he was already dead

Actually, I think being dead might preclude him being alive as we see in TSL. I'm not too sure about this, but can you really be alive when you're DEAD!?

After I paint myself blue I'll be redder than anyone else!

but he was kept together due to his hatred and pain.

Sion only died when the Exile finally persuaded him to let go of his pain.

Sounds like someone doesn't know what Sion's ability actually is.

Sion's power is not a god mode cheat. His power is just to stay alive. Look at him. With those wounds, he should be dead. His power is the ability to stay alive despite those wounds, not a magic shield that protects him from anything. I'm sure that if you beheaded him, he'd be dead. Or would he just stay alive anyway like the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

It seems pretty obvious to me what happened to Sion at Peragus. Either he escaped into hyperspace with the Harbinger, or got away from all the explosions using an escape pod from the Harbinger.

Nihilus could only be killed by the Exile since she was his other half

Time enough to throw down the balderdash idea that Nihilus and the Exile are related in any way (other than the fact that they're both wounds in the force) later, but that's not the point. We're talking about facts here, not ridiculous fanon concepts. To say that a lightsaber kills Nihilus, but not an enormous explosion is an absolute absurdity.

It is true that Nihilus thought that he could survive, but it is repeatedly stated that he doesn't see the universe like anyone else, and is most likely a slave to his hunger like some semi-intelligent animal. Visas' statement that he doesn't understand the concept of his death in the explosion also does not reinforce the idea that he could survive.

Did you watch the cutscene of the Ravager's destruction? Even if Nihilus could hold the ship together after that (which is doubtful since the command deck would be ripped apart), the ship wouldn't even be functional. Structural integrity compromised, most (if not all) decks lose power, certainly entire crew dead from explosions, fire, or vacuum of space. Do you seriously need me to go on?

I’d appreciate it if you did considering the structural integrity is already enough to make the ship collapse and the thing is already filled with holes, exposed to vacuum and shooting off lightning/electricity.

All this is before anything was blown up.

As for the crew dying, do you think Nihilus had a crew when he ripped the ship from Malachor?

Zuka: That's the last of them, Mandalore. We can destroy the ship on your command.

Exile: We still have to kill the Master on this ship, or Telos is finished anyway.

so apparently blowing up the Ravager wouldn't keep Nihilus from killing the planet

Sion's power is not a god mode cheat. His power is just to stay alive. Look at him. With those wounds, he should be dead. His power is the ability to stay alive despite those wounds, not a magic shield that protects him from anything. I'm sure that if you beheaded him, he'd be dead. Or would he just stay alive anyway like the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

Don’t you fight him in a lightsaber battle and he’s totally invulnerable?

Time enough to throw down the balderdash idea that Nihilus and the Exile are related in any way (other than the fact that they're both wounds in the force) later, but that's not the point. We're talking about facts here, not ridiculous fanon concepts. To say that a lightsaber kills Nihilus, but not an enormous explosion is an absolute absurdity.

Actually, they only dared fight Nihilus after he was extremely weakened from hunger and after he was further weakened by attempting to drain the Exile.

So, perhaps at his peak he could survive both.

I’d appreciate it if you did considering the structural integrity is already enough to make the ship collapse and the thing is already filled with holes, exposed to vacuum

If it was exposed to vacuum, then the player and his/her party would die immediately after setting foot on it. There's still an atmosphere in the ship.

As for the crew dying, do you think Nihilus had a crew when he ripped the ship from Malachor?

I'm pretty sure Nihilus can't crew an entire capital ship on his own.

Don’t you fight him in a lightsaber battle and he’s totally invulnerable?

Repeat: Sion's power is not a god mode cheat.

Actually, they only dared fight Nihilus after he was extremely weakened from hunger and after he was further weakened by attempting to drain the Exile.

The reason they "dared" to fight Nihilus is because they wanted to make sure he didn't escape or whatever. Simple as that.

So, perhaps at his peak he could survive both

I'm still pretty sure he's as susceptible to an explosion as anyone else.

If it was exposed to vacuum, then the player and his/her party would die immediately after setting foot on it. There's still an atmosphere in the ship.

Yet there's holes in the ship and hull.

How can there be atmosphere in areas like that?

Just asking.

• 4 weeks later...
It's probably Nihilus' doing then.

Tobin says Nihilus keeps him and the crew alive. perhaps whatever Nihilus is doing effects whoever is on the ship, even if they're unwanted guests.

How would that explain the player not dying after Nihilus is dead? If it was him doing that, then the ship would likely be crushed or ripped apart by the vaccum.

I agree with Corinthian on the Magcon Fields being responsible.

How would that explain the player not dying after Nihilus is dead? If it was him doing that, then the ship would likely be crushed or ripped apart by the vaccum.

Well, we're told he holds the ship together and he keeps everyone alive. That's fact.

Then the ship doesn't fall apart and everyone doesn't die when he is no longer keeping the ship together or supplying air.

Reaosn? The game creators ****ed up.

Magcon Fields. They're usually used for shielding hangar bays so that fighter craft can launch without sucking any support staff into vacuum, but it's more than conceivable that they could encircle

Yup:

The vessel has suffered extensive structural damage, but its particle fields still maintain a minimal atmosphere within the ship.

I'm pretty sure Nihilus can't crew an entire capital ship on his own.

He managed to rip it out of Malachor on his own. And Sion flew the Harbinger all by himself.

Time enough to throw down the balderdash idea that Nihilus and the Exile are related in any way (other than the fact that they're both wounds in the force) later, but that's not the point. We're talking about facts here, not ridiculous fanon concepts.

It's not fanon; Mr Avellone has said that this was exactly their concept of Nihilus.

Nihilus’ exact identity is never specified in K2 - I had a specific origin in mind, but not a name, if that makes sense, and what I say hear is not canon: He was created when Malachor V was torn apart, and he was intended as the Exile’s other half, one that took a more self-destructive path rather than denying the Force during that battle that ended the Mandalorian Wars.

Not canon, no; but not fanon either.

It's probably Nihilus' doing then.

Tobin says Nihilus keeps him and the crew alive. perhaps whatever Nihilus is doing effects whoever is on the ship, even if they're unwanted guests.

Tobin wasn't the only one of Nihilus' slaves with an inflated opinion of their "master". And he could simply be referring to the fact that Nihilus didn't kill them all instantly, but let them live as he slowly drained the life out of them.

Well, we're told he holds the ship together and he keeps everyone alive. That's fact.

Where does it say that? All I remember about the ship is that Visas said he pulled it out of Malachor - she, or anyone for that matter, never said he keeps the ship together.

Then the ship doesn't fall apart and everyone doesn't die when he is no longer keeping the ship together or supplying air.

Reaosn? The game creators ****ed up.

I don't think they did screw up - you can't just create air from nowhere using the Force - it really has to be Magcon fields or atmospheric shields keeping oxygen in.

Archived